Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
esperanza11
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby esperanza11 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
esperanza11 wrote:On Reserve today- URM, GPA of 3.5 and LSAT of 168. App received 12/3, Complete 1/9, 1st update 2/8, 2nd 2/18, Notified 3/4. Still hoping for the best! Planning on visiting in April and writing a LOCI this wk.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting to hear!


o_o what type of URM? I am surprised they didn't outright accept you with those numbers... Even non URMs with those numbers get in


Ha Acceptance definitely would have been nice!! I'm Hispanic if that helps any.

esperanza11
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby esperanza11 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:29 pm

emarxnj wrote:
corinnejay wrote:reserve. 169/3.5


Shit, same score with lower GPA. How were you notified?


They sent my reserve notification by email. Good Luck!!

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 pm

any jan submits in here hear?

rooneydbc
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:43 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rooneydbc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:46 am

Put on reserve today, which I'm surprised by (3.15/166, Non-URM).

nefftron
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nefftron » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:18 am

Completed the phone interview a week ago, was told I should hear in a week...and still nothing.

This is something of a recurring trend with my law apps. I heard from Columbia, Berkeley, and UCLA almost instantly, but most of the rest have been silent. Feels strange, especially when other people are having the opposite experience, hearing quickly from schools like Harvard but getting stretched by Columbia.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 am

ph5354a wrote:
dsn32 wrote:
Good to know. Cornell makes it really tough for those of us who are interested and would like to visit but need to know about finances first, don't they?


Yeah this seems kind of late to not be releasing anything behind initial full rides. Lavitz went to ASD today and they said they were "working hard on getting awards out" but no timeframe given.

Must. Stay. Patient.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby toothbrush » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:09 am

shntn wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
dsn32 wrote:
Good to know. Cornell makes it really tough for those of us who are interested and would like to visit but need to know about finances first, don't they?


Yeah this seems kind of late to not be releasing anything behind initial full rides. Lavitz went to ASD today and they said they were "working hard on getting awards out" but no timeframe given.

Must. Stay. Patient.

I want my acceptance still :(

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:50 pm

toothbrush wrote:
shntn wrote:Must. Stay. Patient.

I want my acceptance still :(

I just withdrew, so I'll tell them to give mine to toothbrush.

Wait, I promised it to dproduct. NVM, sorry.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby toothbrush » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:15 pm

shntn wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
shntn wrote:Must. Stay. Patient.

I want my acceptance still :(

I just withdrew, so I'll tell them to give mine to toothbrush.

Wait, I promised it to dproduct. NVM, sorry.

i don't want you hand me down acceptance

ok yes i do

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:09 pm

shntn wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
shntn wrote:Must. Stay. Patient.

I want my acceptance still :(

I just withdrew, so I'll tell them to give mine to toothbrush.

Wait, I promised it to dproduct. NVM, sorry.


<3 <3 <3 <3

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:24 pm

dproduct wrote:
shntn wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
shntn wrote:Must. Stay. Patient.

I want my acceptance still :(

I just withdrew, so I'll tell them to give mine to toothbrush.

Wait, I promised it to dproduct. NVM, sorry.


<3 <3 <3 <3

Anything for you, dear.

Image

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JayJones78 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:36 pm

shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:
shntn wrote:
toothbrush wrote:I want my acceptance still :(

I just withdrew, so I'll tell them to give mine to toothbrush.

Wait, I promised it to dproduct. NVM, sorry.


<3 <3 <3 <3

Anything for you, dear.

Image


She looks 45 in this pic

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KanyeShrug » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Deferred in December and not a part of the reserve slaughter. Hmmm... They gonna outright ding me?

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:12 pm

az21833 wrote:any jan submits in here hear?


Yeah, I submitted in January. Went complete in mid-February.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LRGhost » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:43 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
az21833 wrote:any jan submits in here hear?


Yeah, I submitted in January. Went complete in mid-February.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Rlabo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:54 pm

LRGhost wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:
az21833 wrote:any jan submits in here hear?


Yeah, I submitted in January. Went complete in mid-February.

I submitted late jan still no complete :shock: :( :?:

corinnejay
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby corinnejay » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:29 pm

esperanza11 wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
corinnejay wrote:reserve. 169/3.5


Shit, same score with lower GPA. How were you notified?


They sent my reserve notification by email. Good Luck!!


Same for me, was done by email.

KLewi3790
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KLewi3790 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:57 am

Application sent: 1/7
Application complete: 2/2
Completed files update email: 3/8

Current Status Date: 2/28


Any thoughts on when I might hear back? I heard back from Michigan a few weeks ago (accepted) and I'm seriously considering it... but I want to wait until I hear back from Cornell as well. I'm worried that I might have to submit a deposit to Michigan without having heard back from Cornell....

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Been complete for almost two months now. My numbers are low for Cornell (even as a URM)
Any thoughts on sending them a LOCI now? Anyone had success with this tactic? (Sending one prior to a decision).

Thanks!

talesofyore
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby talesofyore » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm

JayJones78 wrote:Been complete for almost two months now. My numbers are low for Cornell (even as a URM)
Any thoughts on sending them a LOCI now? Anyone had success with this tactic? (Sending one prior to a decision).

Thanks!



MikeSpivey wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:I need to make sure I disclaim I am in no way speaking for WUSTL, but on a much more broad level why would you ever send a LOCI after a decision is made? I would always send before the decision is rendered.


This is very interesting!

So if you expect to get WLed at a school, should you be sending one if you haven't heard back after a while? As opposed to right after you get WLed, which is what I did for two schools already....


Gatorgirl,

I would send a school a very toned down one even if you expect to get admitted to that school. You don't want to say things like "if admitted, this is where I be" as I think that may have the potential to have negative consequences on scholarship negotiation, particularity if you later get a large scholarship from a different school and start backing down from the statement.

BUT, simply letting a school know you are interested in them can never hurt. I promise. Actually, to be on the hyper-paranoid safe side I shouldn't say never. So I can not see a scenario where a very soft "I am very much interested in X law school because of the following reasons..." could hurt.



Jay Jones, see Mike Spivey's thoughts on that above.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 pm

talesofyore wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Been complete for almost two months now. My numbers are low for Cornell (even as a URM)
Any thoughts on sending them a LOCI now? Anyone had success with this tactic? (Sending one prior to a decision).

Thanks!



MikeSpivey wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:I need to make sure I disclaim I am in no way speaking for WUSTL, but on a much more broad level why would you ever send a LOCI after a decision is made? I would always send before the decision is rendered.


This is very interesting!

So if you expect to get WLed at a school, should you be sending one if you haven't heard back after a while? As opposed to right after you get WLed, which is what I did for two schools already....


Gatorgirl,

I would send a school a very toned down one even if you expect to get admitted to that school. You don't want to say things like "if admitted, this is where I be" as I think that may have the potential to have negative consequences on scholarship negotiation, particularity if you later get a large scholarship from a different school and start backing down from the statement.

BUT, simply letting a school know you are interested in them can never hurt. I promise. Actually, to be on the hyper-paranoid safe side I shouldn't say never. So I can not see a scenario where a very soft "I am very much interested in X law school because of the following reasons..." could hurt.



Jay Jones, see Mike Spivey's thoughts on that above.


Thanks!! He's right, can't hurt amid not being what will (most likely) seal the deal

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5708
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Easy-E » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Probably asked and answered, but does anyone know the percentage of applicants admitted off reserve last year? I'm guessing it's minimal.

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Dream Weave » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:06 pm

emarxnj wrote:Probably asked and answered, but does anyone know the percentage of applicants admitted off reserve last year? I'm guessing it's minimal.

Actually haven't heard an answer though it's been asked. I'm curious to know as well.

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 99.9luft » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Dream Weave wrote:
emarxnj wrote:Probably asked and answered, but does anyone know the percentage of applicants admitted off reserve last year? I'm guessing it's minimal.

Actually haven't heard an answer though it's been asked. I'm curious to know as well.


i looked at the threads from last year and the fact that SOME got in off the reserve is already a good thing. There was a post somewhere that the year before last Cornell didn't use the Reserve at all. :shock:

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby T20hopeful89 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:21 pm

99.9luft wrote:
Dream Weave wrote:
emarxnj wrote:Probably asked and answered, but does anyone know the percentage of applicants admitted off reserve last year? I'm guessing it's minimal.

Actually haven't heard an answer though it's been asked. I'm curious to know as well.


i looked at the threads from last year and the fact that SOME got in off the reserve is already a good thing. There was a post somewhere that the year before last Cornell didn't use the Reserve at all. :shock:



Has anyone gotten in this cycle off the reserve? you mentioned that some already did...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nickel94 and 9 guests