Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ks2499 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:24 am

smdpnp wrote:Good news, the March 15 deadline doesn't apply. Applicants admitted close to or after the deadline will be given an extra two weeks to send in their materials.


The response I received confirmed this, but for those of you still waiting on a decision, but who are interested in dependency waivers, this is the answer I got:
Requests for dependency waivers are submitted to the financial aid committee after an offer of admission has been made. In the meantime, you are welcome to submit the Cornell Law School Financial Aid Information Sheet and answer the three questions towards the bottom that ask about your dependency.

mk3167
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:55 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mk3167 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:25 am

Does anyone have any idea how big the reserve group is? I know it changes from year to year, but past years numbers might be helpful?

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Big Dog » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:50 am

This is possible (I'm a west coaster), they asked in the interview "Can you see yourself in Ithaca?"


Yup, obviously a concern with geographic YP.

Add in the fact that someone with the numbers to get into Cornell will also likely be accepted into UCLA, USC, and/or U-Dub, with money. And that makes it even harder for Big Red to see you in Ithaca for three years. (I'm sure that they have plenty of experience with west coasters who have chosen to stay on the left coast. With a small class, they can't oversubscribe.)

At this point, applicants in the west -- without any obvious eastern ties, or having attended undergrad in the eat -- had better send in a meaningful LOCI, quickly.

framboozer
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby framboozer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 pm

i called Admissions today and for those waiting to be verified as complete: As of today Cornell is working on applications received on January 22nd and 23rd and they are working chronologically.

I appreciate their specificity. :)

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JXander » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:26 pm

framboozer wrote:i called Admissions today and for those waiting to be verified as complete: As of today Cornell is working on applications received on January 22nd and 23rd and they are working chronologically.

I appreciate their specificity. :)

Woohoo!

WalkingPlato
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WalkingPlato » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:39 pm

For those of us that were deferred, is the new "received" date the time they deferred us to the regular application pool, the date we sent them an e-mail saying we wanted to remain in the running, or some other date? And if we updated our file, does the date change, since, with the added material, one can see it as a new, whole application?

I really like Cornell (I feel foolish saying that because obviously you guys do too). I was surprised to be deferred with my numbers in the first place and now I'm worried since someone said they're working on Jan 22/23rd applications in chronological order but I entered the regular application pool before that and haven't heard anything since.

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JXander » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:58 pm

After over one month of waiting, I am finally complete.

User avatar
yodamiked
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:07 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby yodamiked » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:05 pm

framboozer wrote:i called Admissions today and for those waiting to be verified as complete: As of today Cornell is working on applications received on January 22nd and 23rd and they are working chronologically.

I appreciate their specificity. :)


Hmmm, having submitted on Feb 9th, I'm not looking too good.

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 11019
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm

WalkingPlato wrote:For those of us that were deferred, is the new "received" date the time they deferred us to the regular application pool, the date we sent them an e-mail saying we wanted to remain in the running, or some other date? And if we updated our file, does the date change, since, with the added material, one can see it as a new, whole application?

I really like Cornell (I feel foolish saying that because obviously you guys do too). I was surprised to be deferred with my numbers in the first place and now I'm worried since someone said they're working on Jan 22/23rd applications in chronological order but I entered the regular application pool before that and haven't heard anything since.


I call at least partial bullshit on this. They received my application 11/15, and status changed to complete on 12/12. My last status update was on 3/4. They might be working their way through the pile in chronological order, but they are not sending out decisions that way.

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Big Dog » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 pm

they're working....in chronological order...


That is incorrect.

User avatar
acs507
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby acs507 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:37 pm

I think they work in chronological order in terms of verifying materials for completion not in terms of releasing decisions.

framboozer
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby framboozer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:25 pm

acs507 wrote:I think they work in chronological order in terms of verifying materials for completion not in terms of releasing decisions.


Correct.

User avatar
CaptainLeela
Posts: 4902
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CaptainLeela » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Moved from "verifying" on 1/24 (applied 1/22) to complete today. In related news: JFC

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Dmini7 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:45 pm

got the review file email 3/1. another complete update today (3/6). How many updates are typical?

labellavita688
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby labellavita688 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 am

Third status-complete update yesterday, and I updated on both 3/5 and 3/6. Hoping that means I may actually get a decision soon...
(Submitted 12/15).

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JXander » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:32 am

"Decision by mid to late April." Yikes.

User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pedestrian » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 am

JXander wrote:"Decision by mid to late April." Yikes.


They told me the same thing in early January and I didn't believe it. :lol: :cry: :evil:

User avatar
acs507
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby acs507 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:00 pm

JXander wrote:"Decision by mid to late April." Yikes.


There's hope! I was told the same thing and had a decision about 2 weeks ago.

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JXander » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:16 pm

acs507 wrote:
JXander wrote:"Decision by mid to late April." Yikes.


There's hope! I was told the same thing and had a decision about 2 weeks ago.

Oreally? Wow, that is encouraging. Thanks!

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:28 pm

JXander wrote:
acs507 wrote:
JXander wrote:"Decision by mid to late April." Yikes.


There's hope! I was told the same thing and had a decision about 2 weeks ago.

Oreally? Wow, that is encouraging. Thanks!


I always think oh wow schools take the time to look at files holistically and by order. And the I read of someone who applied in late February and got accepted first week of march :lol:

User avatar
acs507
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby acs507 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:38 pm

JXander wrote:
acs507 wrote:
JXander wrote:"Decision by mid to late April." Yikes.


There's hope! I was told the same thing and had a decision about 2 weeks ago.

Oreally? Wow, that is encouraging. Thanks!


My guess is you'll hear early-April by my timeline.
But best of luck to you and hopefully see you at Cornell :D

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JXander » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:49 pm

acs507 wrote:My guess is you'll hear early-April by my timeline.
But best of luck to you and hopefully see you at Cornell

Sweet, thanks.

I asked this earlier and I do not believe I got a response: what is the interview process for Cornell like? I have been seeing posters throw around the term every page or so.

ETA: Nvm:

"DO YOU GRANT INTERVIEWS?
Sometimes the Admissions Committee will request an evaluative interview. Due to our workload, we are not in a position to grant interviews upon applicant request."
Last edited by JXander on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:51 pm

JXander wrote:
acs507 wrote:My guess is you'll hear early-April by my timeline.
But best of luck to you and hopefully see you at Cornell

Sweet, thanks.

I asked this earlier and I do not believe I got a response: what is the interview process for Cornell like? I have been seeing posters throw around the term every page or so.


I didn't interview, but so far, they've been using it as a YP device I think. Offering interviews to people that they are tempted to YP to make sure they're actually interested in attending Cornell.

User avatar
ALgooner
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ALgooner » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Got my first date change today since the 3/1 "we'll get to your file in the coming weeks" email.

User avatar
halestorm
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby halestorm » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:51 pm

labellavita688 wrote:Third status-complete update yesterday, and I updated on both 3/5 and 3/6. Hoping that means I may actually get a decision soon...
(Submitted 12/15).


I also got status updates on these days, and our submit dates are very similar... I will be paying attention to you for the next week to see what happens!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, Anon.y.mousse., Automotomayor, chili_davis, Gingerella, joezze, laowhynot109, lillawyer2, mccracal, pandaaa, Pugnax, sp5000 and 30 guests