Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
letitloose
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby letitloose » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:51 pm

toothbrush wrote:
letitloose wrote:Any NYC-based people going to the March 8 ASD? If so, driving? Flying?

I'd be driving but I know there's a bus to Ithaca (very pricey IMO but still beats a flight in time / cost) from NYC daily.

Gotcha. Yeah, I think I'll end up driving. Thanks for the tip, though.

User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pedestrian » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Complete 1/11, 2/7, 2/21

[Insert Soon.gif]

:shock:

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby toothbrush » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 pm

letitloose wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
letitloose wrote:Any NYC-based people going to the March 8 ASD? If so, driving? Flying?

I'd be driving but I know there's a bus to Ithaca (very pricey IMO but still beats a flight in time / cost) from NYC daily.

Gotcha. Yeah, I think I'll end up driving. Thanks for the tip, though.

Drive all the way. It's not the best drive but it's definitely the quickest and cheapest route. Plus it's more convenient provided they give you a spot to park.

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bluecouch » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:59 pm

pedestrian wrote:Complete 1/11, 2/7, 2/21

[Insert Soon.gif]

:shock:


ooo. me too. Exact same UR dates!

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jaqen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:53 pm

bluecouch wrote:
pedestrian wrote:Complete 1/11, 2/7, 2/21

[Insert Soon.gif]

:shock:


ooo. me too. Exact same UR dates!


Good luck! :)

rfar1815
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rfar1815 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Accepted via email!

169/3.9
Applied 12/5
Complete 1/11

Edit: Answered my own question. Waiting until March to give scholarships is super lame, Cornell.
Last edited by rfar1815 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kapital98 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Would anyone like pictures of the campus? I could take some the next time I'm at school. Just send me a PM if you have any preferences.

dukie4
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dukie4 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Just received the email! So excited lots of good news this week.

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby grapefruits » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm

$120,000 scholarship via email. Submitted early Nov.

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:26 pm

grapefruits wrote:$120,000 scholarship via email. Submitted early Nov.


That's fantastic, congratulations. Does that make Cornell a top contender for you?

ETA: Whoa, just glanced at your profile and we have very nearly identical cycles. I was admitted to Boalt and WLed at Penn, but otherwise identical. Does that mean we are equally likable in general? haha

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:03 pm

grapefruits wrote:$120,000 scholarship via email. Submitted early Nov.


Congrats! Were you invited to apply to Dean's scholarship or no? Have you submitted your tax returns yet?

User avatar
wbrother
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wbrother » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Just got in!

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby snapdragon25 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:13 pm

wbrother wrote:Just got in!


Congrats!!!

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 pm

It would be nice if they remembered my application was deferred. Aaaaanytime now will be great.

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby snapdragon25 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 pm

danitt wrote:It would be nice if they remembered my application was deferred. Aaaaanytime now will be great.


+1!!!!!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:25 pm

ph5354a wrote:
grapefruits wrote:$120,000 scholarship via email. Submitted early Nov.


Congrats! Were you invited to apply to Dean's scholarship or no? Have you submitted your tax returns yet?

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:41 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:
danitt wrote:It would be nice if they remembered my application was deferred. Aaaaanytime now will be great.


+1!!!!!


+2

User avatar
whosonfirst
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:48 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby whosonfirst » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:12 pm

In! Finally! Been sitting at completion since early Jan. Good luck to those still waiting, I feel for you!

User avatar
moonman157
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moonman157 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Congrats to those who got in and got money! Do they notify you about scholarships via email?

marshal26
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby marshal26 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Hey guys, anyone know what a typical time from complete --> Under review is? Feel like I've been complete for ever, though I suspect many of you waiting are in the same boat. Thanks!

User avatar
Ned Racine
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Ned Racine » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:40 pm

marshal26 wrote:Hey guys, anyone know what a typical time from complete --> Under review is? Feel like I've been complete for ever, though I suspect many of you waiting are in the same boat. Thanks!


I don't think there is typically a status between Complete and decision for Cornell. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

User avatar
stone_fox
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby stone_fox » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 pm

Ned Racine wrote:
marshal26 wrote:Hey guys, anyone know what a typical time from complete --> Under review is? Feel like I've been complete for ever, though I suspect many of you waiting are in the same boat. Thanks!


I don't think there is typically a status between Complete and decision for Cornell. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.


Correct. Your Complete date will change a few times but your status will remain "Complete".

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby grapefruits » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:14 pm

MacB wrote:
grapefruits wrote:$120,000 scholarship via email. Submitted early Nov.


That's fantastic, congratulations. Does that make Cornell a top contender for you?

ETA: Whoa, just glanced at your profile and we have very nearly identical cycles. I was admitted to Boalt and WLed at Penn, but otherwise identical. Does that mean we are equally likable in general? haha



I'm not sure. I'd say it makes Cornell stand out above every school yet to offer me money except Chicago. Still might rather take Chicago at sticker, although I'm remaining optimistic about funding from them.

Also, was invited to apply for Dean's Scholarship, did so, and did not get it. Notification came in the same email. It's a difference of 10k a year, so I really don't care.

User avatar
acs507
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby acs507 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:37 pm

In! So excited! Will likely be there come fall.
Last update was 3/18.

User avatar
boblawlob
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby boblawlob » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:47 pm

acs507 wrote:In! So excited! Will likely be there come fall.
Last update was 3/18.

Congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Zoe107 and 8 guests