Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby SteelPenguin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi Cornell applicants, congrats to those of you recently accepted. I haven't seen any 165's admitted in this topic, but lsn appears to have a few. Is 165/3.8 a long shot this cycle? Is it at least wait-list worthy?

I've also been incomplete for about a month now, but that seems to be pretty typical for Cornell. My two favorite schools, Cornell and Michigan, are the only two to remain incomplete. It's pretty frustrating.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Lavitz wrote:Got the Dean's Scholarship! :mrgreen:

First good news of 2013. :) Extremely happy about this.


HELL YES!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:12 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:Hi Cornell applicants, congrats to those of you recently accepted. I haven't seen any 165's admitted in this topic, but lsn appears to have a few. Is 165/3.8 a long shot this cycle? Is it at least wait-list worthy?

I've also been incomplete for about a month now, but that seems to be pretty typical for Cornell. My two favorite schools, Cornell and Michigan, are the only two to remain incomplete. It's pretty frustrating.


Sounds like I'm in the same boat as you but with a lower GPA. I'd imagine with your numbers, you have more than a decent shot at getting wait-listed or possibly even getting admitted.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby SteelPenguin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:16 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:Hi Cornell applicants, congrats to those of you recently accepted. I haven't seen any 165's admitted in this topic, but lsn appears to have a few. Is 165/3.8 a long shot this cycle? Is it at least wait-list worthy?

I've also been incomplete for about a month now, but that seems to be pretty typical for Cornell. My two favorite schools, Cornell and Michigan, are the only two to remain incomplete. It's pretty frustrating.

"
Sounds like I'm in the same boat as you but with a lower GPA. I'd imagine with your numbers, you have more than a decent shot at getting wait-listed or possibly even getting admitted.



Well good luck to both of us. I'm also planning on visiting sometime next week. Would writing a why Cornell after my visit be a good idea? Or is that a bad idea, and something more loci worthy?

User avatar
ALgooner
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ALgooner » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Finally complete! "Verifying materials" since 1/14.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:09 pm

ALgooner wrote:Finally complete! "Verifying materials" since 1/14.


Hooray! I'm 1/15, so hopefully I'm a day behind you.

User avatar
CMHCLT
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CMHCLT » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:01 pm

acs507 wrote:Just had another update. Second one since going complete. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I had the same update and our numbers are similar. Best of luck to you! Looks like we might be in the same boat.

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Got another update today...I smell a ding in my near future :shock:

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5714
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Easy-E » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Still sitting at 1/2. I think they forgot about me. C'mon Cornell, you're my last shot at T14 glory, have a heart.

maxiguess
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby maxiguess » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:23 pm

emarxnj wrote:Still sitting at 1/2. I think they forgot about me. C'mon Cornell, you're my last shot at T14 glory, have a heart.


Still sitting at 12/10

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Image

...please?

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby txdude45 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:42 pm

i had my second, or third post-complete update yesterday. anyone know if a decision is near?

blueruditio
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby blueruditio » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 pm

txdude45 wrote:i had my second, or third post-complete update yesterday. anyone know if a decision is near?


My 3rd update was 2/12...Just got in via email!

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby timeandspace11 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:39 pm

blueruditio wrote:
txdude45 wrote:i had my second, or third post-complete update yesterday. anyone know if a decision is near?


My 3rd update was 2/12...Just got in via email!


Congrats!!

dykstaab
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dykstaab » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:03 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed already but when does Cornell start giving out scholarship information?

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iMisto » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:04 pm

dykstaab wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already but when does Cornell start giving out scholarship information?


March, Darling.

dykstaab
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dykstaab » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:06 pm

iMisto wrote:
dykstaab wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already but when does Cornell start giving out scholarship information?


March, Darling.


The wait is going to be the death of me. Visiting in April and am fairly certain I will love it...just hoping for at least a little money!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:06 pm

iMisto wrote:
dykstaab wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already but when does Cornell start giving out scholarship information?


March, Darling.


:cry:

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:20 pm

dproduct wrote:
iMisto wrote:
dykstaab wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already but when does Cornell start giving out scholarship information?


March, Darling.


:cry:


WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:21 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
dproduct wrote:
:cry:


WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=191565&p=6358201&#p6358201

:|

User avatar
JadeWest
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JadeWest » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:22 pm

shntn wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
dproduct wrote:
:cry:


WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=191565&p=6358201&#p6358201

:|


ALL OF YOU --- GTFO

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:23 pm

shntn wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
dproduct wrote:
:cry:


WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=191565&p=6358201&#p6358201

:|


:oops: :oops: :oops: TBF, my feelings have changed since that post.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:24 pm

It's a gay's prerogative to change his mind.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:29 pm

shntn wrote:It's a gay's prerogative to change his mind.


8)

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Poor iMisto's gonna be so lonely up there




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AriGold33, Google [Bot], Kaziende and 12 guests