Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
icanbeohyes
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby icanbeohyes » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:04 am

I wonder if anyone here is still waiting on a decision or a status update who applied in mid-November and went complete in mid-Dec. I hope I'm not the only one.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:08 am

beautyistruth wrote:I just went complete today, after submitting in the first week of January. Cornell says they'll get back to me around mid-April. Isn't that after confirmations are due for other schools? Cornell, what is this? :(


Mid-April?! That's ridiculous. Cornell sure is taking its time... I haven't heard anything since submitting my app the first week of January (besides "We're verifying your materials for completion").

tlsshin
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:39 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby tlsshin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 am

icanbeohyes wrote:I wonder if anyone here is still waiting on a decision or a status update who applied in mid-November and went complete in mid-Dec. I hope I'm not the only one.


i applied in dec and went complete in jan, and got an update yesterday.

so yeah, you are not alone. :D

icanbeohyes
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby icanbeohyes » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:11 am

tlsshin wrote:
icanbeohyes wrote:I wonder if anyone here is still waiting on a decision or a status update who applied in mid-November and went complete in mid-Dec. I hope I'm not the only one.


i applied in dec and went complete in jan, and got an update yesterday.

so yeah, you are not alone. :D



No status updates though. Still at complete 12/13/12. Sigh, Cornell.

User avatar
tsr92
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:52 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby tsr92 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:39 am

For those of you who got the Dean's Scholarship invite, did you submit the Cornell financial aid information sheet and need access/Financial aid documents as well? I just recently sent in the essay and I'm wondering if should send in all that stuff now or wait until I hear back from scholarship committee.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:51 am

applemaroon wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:UCLA's Adcomms called out someone who posted in the UCLA thread, so on the off chance Cornell's Adcomms are reading this:

I really, desperately, want to come to Cornell. If accepted, I will definitely attend. Cornell's phenomenal employment numbers, combined with the low cost of living it Ithaca, make it my number one choice, hands down. Because I have an aversion to large cities, Ithaca is actually more attractive to me than New York or Chicago. Please give me the chance to prove myself at your prestigious institution.

Sincerely,

MarkinKansasCity


Cornell, Mark is a great guy. TAKE HIM.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:54 am

+1. Cornell needs to take MarkinKC.

User avatar
acs507
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby acs507 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:32 am

PRgradBYU wrote:
beautyistruth wrote:I just went complete today, after submitting in the first week of January. Cornell says they'll get back to me around mid-April. Isn't that after confirmations are due for other schools? Cornell, what is this? :(


Mid-April?! That's ridiculous. Cornell sure is taking its time... I haven't heard anything since submitting my app the first week of January (besides "We're verifying your materials for completion").


I just hope to hear before I have to put down a deposit at another school as Cornell is my top choice at the moment. We can only hope that they're exaggerating about the mid-April thing and we get the pleasant surprise of an answer in March.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:50 am

tsr92 wrote:For those of you who got the Dean's Scholarship invite, did you submit the Cornell financial aid information sheet and need access/Financial aid documents as well? I just recently sent in the essay and I'm wondering if should send in all that stuff now or wait until I hear back from scholarship committee.

I haven't done that yet, but I don't think it makes a difference. I don't believe it's a prerequisite or anything like that.

beautyistruth
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby beautyistruth » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:46 am

acs507 wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:
beautyistruth wrote:I just went complete today, after submitting in the first week of January. Cornell says they'll get back to me around mid-April. Isn't that after confirmations are due for other schools? Cornell, what is this? :(


Mid-April?! That's ridiculous. Cornell sure is taking its time... I haven't heard anything since submitting my app the first week of January (besides "We're verifying your materials for completion").


I just hope to hear before I have to put down a deposit at another school as Cornell is my top choice at the moment. We can only hope that they're exaggerating about the mid-April thing and we get the pleasant surprise of an answer in March.


Me too. I've already gotten into NYU, Duke, and UCLA with $$, so at this point, I'm mostly looking for Cornell to offer me scholarships. That said, mid-April is ridiculous. I might just withdraw if they don't get back to me during March.

Edit: Just checked, and they said "mid to late April." So much for that :evil:

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:01 am

Any defferee's have any movement?? I really hope I don't have to wait until April.... love me Cornell. Please.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:05 am

tsr92 wrote:For those of you who got the Dean's Scholarship invite, did you submit the Cornell financial aid information sheet and need access/Financial aid documents as well? I just recently sent in the essay and I'm wondering if should send in all that stuff now or wait until I hear back from scholarship committee.


I don't think one thing has to do with the other at all. I got the scholarship without having ever submitted anything. Good luck!

User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby romanticegotist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:40 am

beautyistruth wrote:
acs507 wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:
beautyistruth wrote:I just went complete today, after submitting in the first week of January. Cornell says they'll get back to me around mid-April. Isn't that after confirmations are due for other schools? Cornell, what is this? :(


Mid-April?! That's ridiculous. Cornell sure is taking its time... I haven't heard anything since submitting my app the first week of January (besides "We're verifying your materials for completion").


I just hope to hear before I have to put down a deposit at another school as Cornell is my top choice at the moment. We can only hope that they're exaggerating about the mid-April thing and we get the pleasant surprise of an answer in March.


Me too. I've already gotten into NYU, Duke, and UCLA with $$, so at this point, I'm mostly looking for Cornell to offer me scholarships. That said, mid-April is ridiculous. I might just withdraw if they don't get back to me during March.

Edit: Just checked, and they said "mid to late April." So much for that :evil:


I think I asked this same question a few pages back...basically, you are allowed to 'break' the committment implied by a seat deposit if another school accepts you later (but you're probably still out the money you paid for the deposit). Does a mid-april decision strike anyone else as, like, arrogant?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 am

alot of schools say april to cover their butt. youll hear before april

User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby romanticegotist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:44 am

az21833 wrote:alot of schools say april to cover their butt. youll hear before april


I took it as their way of saying 'stop checking everyday you weirdos'

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:45 am

So I see some scholly action on LSN, but not much. Do we know when to expect any big wave? I'm assuming March-ish, but I dunno.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:55 am

I'd like to see some acceptance action my way.

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nsideirish » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:57 am

Anyone else's status check page not working?

ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ks2499 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:59 am

nsideirish wrote:Anyone else's status check page not working?


Mine, I get an error message.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:59 am

nsideirish wrote:Anyone else's status check page not working?

It's down for me too.

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby VeeD101 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:59 am

nsideirish wrote:Anyone else's status check page not working?


Mine. System glitch?

steakandchicken
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby steakandchicken » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:00 pm

ks2499 wrote:
nsideirish wrote:Anyone else's status check page not working?


Mine, I get an error message.


+1

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:04 pm

VeeD101 wrote:
nsideirish wrote:Anyone else's status check page not working?


Mine. System glitch?


Looks like it... :shock:

talesofyore
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby talesofyore » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:05 pm

There goes my fondest wish that only my page is down because they're in the process of uploading a decision:(

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby venus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:06 pm

Mine is not working either, and I've been accepted, so it's probably just a glitch.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], hwwong and 6 guests