Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
poichi
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby poichi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:12 pm

When did you both go complete? Some time in early December I'm guessing?

talesofyore
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby talesofyore » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:14 pm

dproduct wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Did everyone who sent in a LOCI get some sort of response? I'm just a little curious as they never acknowledged I'd even sent it.

I'm just paranoid after another school lost my app for nearly two months :roll:


PM'd


How did you find out that your application was lost?

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby timeandspace11 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:25 pm

Admitted via email!!!! Extremely excited! does anyone have any idea when scholarship info comes through? I understand I probably wont get much but even a little bit helps. Cornell is going to be tough to turn down.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:34 pm

talesofyore wrote:How did you find out that your application was lost?


The school openly admitted it after I contacted them asking what was up.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
talesofyore wrote:How did you find out that your application was lost?


The school openly admitted it after I contacted them asking what was up.



t14?

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:37 pm

az21833 wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
talesofyore wrote:How did you find out that your application was lost?


The school openly admitted it after I contacted them asking what was up.



t14?


Nope, so probably not of much concern to anyone ITT :D

Also, congrats to the recent admits!!

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby risa » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:44 pm

poichi wrote:When did you both go complete? Some time in early December I'm guessing?

yup. submitted 11/12, complete 12/4.

User avatar
kaf5250
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kaf5250 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:46 pm

IN!!!! Looks like, barring anything surprising happening from now on, I'll be in Ithaca come summer :)

User avatar
poichi
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby poichi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:53 pm

risa wrote:
poichi wrote:When did you both go complete? Some time in early December I'm guessing?

yup. submitted 11/12, complete 12/4.


Thanks dude. It looks like I'll continue to be at least a couple of weeks from a decision. (Complete mid-December, but no status checker updates since then.)

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hephaestus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:00 pm

timeandspace11 wrote:Admitted via email!!!! Extremely excited! does anyone have any idea when scholarship info comes through? I understand I probably wont get much but even a little bit helps. Cornell is going to be tough to turn down.

It mostly came in March and April last year for the non-full ride invitees.

talesofyore
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby talesofyore » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
talesofyore wrote:How did you find out that your application was lost?


The school openly admitted it after I contacted them asking what was up.


I love them and want to be their friend. :lol:

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby timeandspace11 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:34 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
timeandspace11 wrote:Admitted via email!!!! Extremely excited! does anyone have any idea when scholarship info comes through? I understand I probably wont get much but even a little bit helps. Cornell is going to be tough to turn down.

It mostly came in March and April last year for the non-full ride invitees.


Good to know. I think it is going to be really hard to say no to Cornell even with a lot of debt.

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moneyball026 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Just got asked to interview. Didnt even know they did that.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:12 pm

moneyball026 wrote:Just got asked to interview. Didnt even know they did that.


I want to go to there.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:13 pm

moneyball026 wrote:Just got asked to interview. Didnt even know they did that.


Interview... for admissions, or are you already in and this is for a scholarship?

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moneyball026 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:14 pm

ph5354a wrote:
moneyball026 wrote:Just got asked to interview. Didnt even know they did that.


Interview... for admissions, or are you already in and this is for a scholarship?


No, this is for admission. No decision made.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:14 pm

moneyball026 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
moneyball026 wrote:Just got asked to interview. Didnt even know they did that.


Interview... for admissions, or are you already in and this is for a scholarship?


No, this is for admission. No decision made.


Got it, well good luck!!

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:20 pm

3rd complete today...but not admit email....

Complete 1 12/21
Complete 2 1/10
Complete 3 1/29

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Manhattanman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:24 pm

moneyball026 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
moneyball026 wrote:Just got asked to interview. Didnt even know they did that.


Interview... for admissions, or are you already in and this is for a scholarship?


No, this is for admission. No decision made.



Interview invite for admission as well. They sold it pretty well. Makes me think they really want to admit the candidates they interview. We'll see.... gl.

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby timeandspace11 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:30 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:3rd complete today...but not admit email....

Complete 1 12/21
Complete 2 1/10
Complete 3 1/29


I didnt get an email immediately after my third complete. I was admitted today and had my third complete 6 days ago. Good luck!!

User avatar
whosonfirst
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:48 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby whosonfirst » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Does the 3rd update rule include the initial complete? I also got an email update in Jan that was basically like - we'll get to your app soon, don't worry - is that one also included? Just wondering because I had an update today and I'm trying to figure out if it means a decision this week or not!

12/6 - initial complete
1/7 - email update
1/29 - status update

User avatar
postard
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby postard » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:33 pm

First complete: 12/20
Second: 1/10
Email: 1/25
Third: 1/29

Should I expect something soon...?

jfrasch
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:14 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jfrasch » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Invited for an interview today... possibly a tactic on their part to see who is really interested? My numbers are a little above their 75ths...

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:39 pm

jfrasch wrote:Invited for an interview today... possibly a tactic on their part to see who is really interested? My numbers are a little above their 75ths...


alumni? phone? skype? on campus?

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Manhattanman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Can only speak to my e mail.... It's with admissions. They prefer on campus, but will Skype if you can't make it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”