Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
duck90
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby duck90 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:55 pm

That makes more sense...regardless, well done!

enjoyddyy
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby enjoyddyy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:23 am

efresh88 wrote:
enjoyddyy wrote:For those who got snail mails already, will GULC email new admits later? If so, how long after you got the snail mail? I'm international, so it might take forever for the snail mail to get here. Thanks.


Yes GULC will email you later, but it took about two weeks after I got my snail mail.


Thanks. Got three updates after interview, and last update Nov.26. Hope it's good news, but I guess I won't know for another two weeks...

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby xjustyoursmile » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:45 am

Just found out via snail mail!!!

I'm soo happy. this was a reach for me.
LSAT: 168
GPA: 3.1

non-URM Hispanic

EDIT: I read something about interviews? I never did one. I submitted Nov 2, went complete Nov 5, and then the letter I received was dated Nov 26. Also, I have a previous LSAT of 153. I don't know if my information helps anyone. I hope so.

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:51 am

xjustyoursmile wrote:Just found out via snail mail!!!

I'm soo happy. this was a reach for me.
LSAT: 168
GPA: 3.1

non-URM Hispanic

EDIT: I read something about interviews? I never did one. I submitted Nov 2, went complete Nov 5, and then the letter I received was dated Nov 26. Also, I have a previous LSAT of 153. I don't know if my information helps anyone. I hope so.


3.1/168/non-URM? And this early in cycle? Wow. Well done. What are your softs?

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby xjustyoursmile » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:12 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:Just found out via snail mail!!!

I'm soo happy. this was a reach for me.
LSAT: 168
GPA: 3.1

non-URM Hispanic

EDIT: I read something about interviews? I never did one. I submitted Nov 2, went complete Nov 5, and then the letter I received was dated Nov 26. Also, I have a previous LSAT of 153. I don't know if my information helps anyone. I hope so.


3.1/168/non-URM? And this early in cycle? Wow. Well done. What are your softs?


Apparently they really liked my Mock Trial experience since the handwritten note the Dean wrote mentioned it. I've done Mock Trial in high school, college, and now coach a high school team. I was also an officer in Chess Club. I had an internship at an independent news source for a while. I also sell my paintings on the side. I volunteered at an elementary school for a little while too... Hm... That's about it on my resume other than the retail job I recently picked up. Maybe my diversity statement and recs helped too. My recs were two from lawyers and one from a prof.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I graduated in 3 years and I had leadership positions in Mock Trial. My grades also had an upward trend.

wannagotolaw
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wannagotolaw » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:28 am

I submitted 11/9 and haven't received a status checker or anything from GULC-- is this unusual?

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:08 am

xjustyoursmile wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:Just found out via snail mail!!!

I'm soo happy. this was a reach for me.
LSAT: 168
GPA: 3.1

non-URM Hispanic

EDIT: I read something about interviews? I never did one. I submitted Nov 2, went complete Nov 5, and then the letter I received was dated Nov 26. Also, I have a previous LSAT of 153. I don't know if my information helps anyone. I hope so.


3.1/168/non-URM? And this early in cycle? Wow. Well done. What are your softs?


Apparently they really liked my Mock Trial experience since the handwritten note the Dean wrote mentioned it. I've done Mock Trial in high school, college, and now coach a high school team. I was also an officer in Chess Club. I had an internship at an independent news source for a while. I also sell my paintings on the side. I volunteered at an elementary school for a little while too... Hm... That's about it on my resume other than the retail job I recently picked up. Maybe my diversity statement and recs helped too. My recs were two from lawyers and one from a prof.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I graduated in 3 years and I had leadership positions in Mock Trial. My grades also had an upward trend.


Those are pretty standard softs for T14. First, huge congrats on your acceptance, well deserved. Two, your admittance, in conjunction with a bunch of other numbers that have thus far come out show the true nature of the drop in applications. (Read: great for everyone applying this year and next, at the very least)

lawschoolboundfuture
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:38 am

I was wondering when we should expect to hear about scholarship offers from GT (I got in awhile ago)

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ssanonymous » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:53 pm

In! Last complete 11/26. Submitted on 11/06. :)

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:58 pm

ssanonymous wrote:In! Last complete 11/26. Submitted on 11/06. :)



Did you get the news today? I always wonder if I should check status checkers on the weekend or let my neurotic brain have a rest.

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ssanonymous » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:07 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:In! Last complete 11/26. Submitted on 11/06. :)



Did you get the news today? I always wonder if I should check status checkers on the weekend or let my neurotic brain have a rest.


I checked my campus mailbox last night. I don't think the status checker says whether or not you've been admitted.
Last edited by ssanonymous on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:09 pm

ssanonymous wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:In! Last complete 11/26. Submitted on 11/06. :)



Did you get the news today? I always wonder if I should check status checkers on the weekend or let my neurotic brain have a rest.


I checked my campus mailbox last night. I don't think the status checked says whether or not you've been admitted.



Ah gotcha. congrats!

I'm concerned all my mail will go to my parents' house and not to my temporary address. Oh well.

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby xjustyoursmile » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:18 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:Just found out via snail mail!!!

I'm soo happy. this was a reach for me.
LSAT: 168
GPA: 3.1

non-URM Hispanic

EDIT: I read something about interviews? I never did one. I submitted Nov 2, went complete Nov 5, and then the letter I received was dated Nov 26. Also, I have a previous LSAT of 153. I don't know if my information helps anyone. I hope so.


3.1/168/non-URM? And this early in cycle? Wow. Well done. What are your softs?


Apparently they really liked my Mock Trial experience since the handwritten note the Dean wrote mentioned it. I've done Mock Trial in high school, college, and now coach a high school team. I was also an officer in Chess Club. I had an internship at an independent news source for a while. I also sell my paintings on the side. I volunteered at an elementary school for a little while too... Hm... That's about it on my resume other than the retail job I recently picked up. Maybe my diversity statement and recs helped too. My recs were two from lawyers and one from a prof.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I graduated in 3 years and I had leadership positions in Mock Trial. My grades also had an upward trend.


Those are pretty standard softs for T14. First, huge congrats on your acceptance, well deserved. Two, your admittance, in conjunction with a bunch of other numbers that have thus far come out show the true nature of the drop in applications. (Read: great for everyone applying this year and next, at the very least)


Thanks for the congrats. (: It def came as a total and pleasant surprise!

By drop in applications, you mean less people applying or applicants are having lower numbers?

KingsCup
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KingsCup » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:27 pm

xjustyoursmile wrote:
By drop in applications, you mean less people applying or applicants are having lower numbers?


Because less people are applying, to keep up the class size, applicants with lower numbers are getting in

User avatar
lsacqueen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lsacqueen » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Anyone know when the admitted students website will be up? The email said late Nov, but so far no dice :/

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elblufer » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Sorry for asking twice, but I never got a response: How many updates did people get before being asked for an interview? I've had either 2 or 3 updates (I was away from a computer for a few days) and haven't heard anything, yet I have the stats that would have made me expect an interview if I have a chance. Trying to figure out if I should expect a ding or if maybe I'm just not being asked because one of my LOR writers graduated from Georgetown Law...

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananasplit19 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:47 pm

elblufer wrote:Sorry for asking twice, but I never got a response: How many updates did people get before being asked for an interview? I've had either 2 or 3 updates (I was away from a computer for a few days) and haven't heard anything, yet I have the stats that would have made me expect an interview if I have a chance. Trying to figure out if I should expect a ding or if maybe I'm just not being asked because one of my LOR writers graduated from Georgetown Law...


I went complete 11/14, update 11/16, got interview request 11/27 (with simultaneous update). So 2 updates. I have it scheduled for this Tuesday. All these exciting acceptances on TLS are making me antsy!

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby xjustyoursmile » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:48 pm

bgoodrick wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:
By drop in applications, you mean less people applying or applicants are having lower numbers?


Because less people are applying, to keep up the class size, applicants with lower numbers are getting in

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby xjustyoursmile » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:49 pm

lsacqueen wrote:Anyone know when the admitted students website will be up? The email said late Nov, but so far no dice :/


My letter said early December... so maybe this or next week?

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elblufer » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:20 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
elblufer wrote:Sorry for asking twice, but I never got a response: How many updates did people get before being asked for an interview? I've had either 2 or 3 updates (I was away from a computer for a few days) and haven't heard anything, yet I have the stats that would have made me expect an interview if I have a chance. Trying to figure out if I should expect a ding or if maybe I'm just not being asked because one of my LOR writers graduated from Georgetown Law...


I went complete 11/14, update 11/16, got interview request 11/27 (with simultaneous update). So 2 updates. I have it scheduled for this Tuesday. All these exciting acceptances on TLS are making me antsy!


Ok, in that case, I may have bypassed the interview, as I'm pretty sure that I'm already two updates in...or not. Guess we'll see. If I did, hopefully it's because they like me, not the opposite.

User avatar
Nickg415
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Nickg415 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:26 pm

xjustyoursmile wrote:Just found out via snail mail!!!

I'm soo happy. this was a reach for me.
LSAT: 168
GPA: 3.1

non-URM Hispanic

EDIT: I read something about interviews? I never did one. I submitted Nov 2, went complete Nov 5, and then the letter I received was dated Nov 26. Also, I have a previous LSAT of 153. I don't know if my information helps anyone. I hope so.


Smile are you a URM? You posted you were not but on your LSN profile you posted you were not. Just wondering because being below both Medians Georgetown is a definite reach for any non-urm with your numbers and I would be surprised if they extended offers this early into the cycle. If URM not too big of a surprise. Either way Congrats ! :D

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby xjustyoursmile » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Nickg415 wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:Just found out via snail mail!!!

I'm soo happy. this was a reach for me.
LSAT: 168
GPA: 3.1

non-URM Hispanic

EDIT: I read something about interviews? I never did one. I submitted Nov 2, went complete Nov 5, and then the letter I received was dated Nov 26. Also, I have a previous LSAT of 153. I don't know if my information helps anyone. I hope so.


Smile are you a URM? You posted you were not but on your LSN profile you posted you were not. Just wondering because being below both Medians Georgetown is a definite reach for any non-urm with your numbers and I would be surprised if they extended offers this early into the cycle. If URM not too big of a surprise. Either way Congrats ! :D


I know on my LSN profile I put that I am URM because that was back when I thought I was. I'm Chilean and I thought I was URM, but turns out the only Mexicans and PRs get the URM status. So I'm a non-URM Hispanic right?

Would that account for a boost in Georgetown to make the early acceptance more explainable or am I this weird exception to the rule? I keep freaking out it was a mistake because now that I'm researching the school, my numbers seem so low, but the handwritten note confirms the acceptance.

And thanks for the congrats! (: I worked super hard to get into a good school.

Oh! I forgot to say congrats to all that already got in! And good luck to everybody still waiting! At this point GULC is my top until I hear back from other schools so maybe I'll see some of you next fall! (:

User avatar
Elahrairah
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Elahrairah » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:32 pm

In! With a very sweet handwritten note from Dean Cornblatt!

Should I feel special or does everyone get something like that?

User avatar
Ramius
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Ramius » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Below both medians isn't unheard of in this topsy-turvy world, especially for a high volume school like GULC. For instance, I am below both medians and just got in as well, and much to my chagrin, I'm as non-URM as a Fox and Friends news correspondent. It's a whole new world out there right now.

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elblufer » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:44 pm

matthewsean85 wrote:Below both medians isn't unheard of in this topsy-turvy world, especially for a high volume school like GULC. For instance, I am below both medians and just got in as well, and much to my chagrin, I'm as non-URM as a Fox and Friends news correspondent. It's a whole new world out there right now.


That is so nice to hear, especially when I'm only below one median. Also, fantastic choice of a simile.

EDIT: Just looked at your numbers...I'm pretty sure you weren't below either of last year's medians. Not that I congratulate you any less.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, addie1412, AJ1010, AlexanderJordan, canafsa, carlos_danger, Cjozsa242, Cjsanders2, Earlskies, Google Adsense [Bot], Keilz, lazarzhr, Leliana, lillawyer2, Maaza, mcblake, Pomegranate27, sec_undergrad, tinafeyclone and 49 guests