Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
duck90
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby duck90 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:38 am

I know people will hate me for asking this because I am sure someone already has, but I looked through the thread and could not find the answer...what are the interviews like? A 1L told me that last year they gave mock applications and asked you to argue for/against them. Are they still doing that this year or is it more of a why Georgetown type thing?

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Gisney » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:23 am

slawww wrote:
Gisney wrote:Just got my letter today! I am in!!

Sent 11/1
Complete 11/05
Updates: 11/9, 11/19, 11/26

So excited!!

Had group interview with Dean Cornblatt and he personalized my letter about it. Nice touch :)



Congrats! That 3 update rule is looking more and more reliable!


Thanks! I actually wasn't expecting anything because I didn't realize the 11/26 was my 3rd

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Gisney » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:23 am

housebro13 wrote:
Gisney wrote:Just got my letter today! I am in!!

Sent 11/1
Complete 11/05
Updates: 11/9, 11/19, 11/26

So excited!!

Had group interview with Dean Cornblatt and he personalized my letter about it. Nice touch :)


I have the same dates. If you don't mind me asking... in which region are you located?!


I live in the South

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Gisney » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:25 am

duck90 wrote:I know people will hate me for asking this because I am sure someone already has, but I looked through the thread and could not find the answer...what are the interviews like? A 1L told me that last year they gave mock applications and asked you to argue for/against them. Are they still doing that this year or is it more of a why Georgetown type thing?



In my interview he split us into two groups and asked us to present ideas about how the application process should work.

It was not bad at all. No worries

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elblufer » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:13 am

How many updates did people get before they were held or asked for an interview? I got either my first or second update yesterday. I know that my stats aren't great for GULC, but I think I should be good enough with my softs for at least an interview, and I'm hoping I don't have to do it in the middle of finals...

EDIT: Looking at this year's graph, I take back my stats comment...looks like I have a decent shot...

User avatar
bumblebeetuna
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bumblebeetuna » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:26 am

Got an interview request yesterday. My stats are 3.0/172. I think I'll be talking with an alumnus because not very close to DC. Should be interesting.

jen1park
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jen1park » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:24 am

Nickg415 wrote:
jen1park wrote:
Nickg415 wrote:
jen1park wrote:I can hardly breathe, got my acceptance letter today.

Interview: 11/16
Updates: 11/19, 11/20, 11/26

I live in California. The USPS did me such a solid. :D :D


Not feeling too good about this. I came home to no letter in the mail. I have the exact same updates.


Where are you located?


Utah


:? USPS still delivers Saturday right? Hope they bring you great news!

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KanyeShrug » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Held at Georgetown. Ugh.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KanyeShrug » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:49 pm

shntn wrote:Akron is my law school stalker. They're downright PROLIFIC.


I feel violated by Akron at this point.

User avatar
Nickg415
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Nickg415 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:02 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:Held at Georgetown. Ugh.


Sorry to hear. I guess that destroys the three updates theory which doesn't bode well for me :( .

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby slawww » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:06 pm

Nickg415 wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:Held at Georgetown. Ugh.


Sorry to hear. I guess that destroys the three updates theory which doesn't bode well for me :( .


I was also held, but I think the 3 updates theory is still pretty sound. I got my hold e-mail a day after my 3rd update.

Aloyicious
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Aloyicious » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Been following this thread for a while but am just now posting...I sent my app 11/2 and went complete 11/5 (RD) but have only had one status update on 11/14. Is there anyone in this boat as well? I am inclined to think my app is being held through until after December LSAT takers submit applications, but see that others on here who are RD have already been notified of their apps being held.

I'm Hispanic but don't classify as a traditional URM for law school purposes. Median GPA but below 25th percentile on LSAT.

enjoyddyy
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby enjoyddyy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:18 pm

For those who got snail mails already, will GULC email new admits later? If so, how long after you got the snail mail? I'm international, so it might take forever for the snail mail to get here. Thanks.

User avatar
efresh88
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby efresh88 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:31 pm

enjoyddyy wrote:For those who got snail mails already, will GULC email new admits later? If so, how long after you got the snail mail? I'm international, so it might take forever for the snail mail to get here. Thanks.


Yes GULC will email you later, but it took about two weeks after I got my snail mail.

CalleCataluna
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CalleCataluna » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Hey guys! Were your letters sent to your permanent or school addresses? Seems like all my snail mail communication from law schools so far has been sent to my parents' house abroad instead of my school address in the U.S....
Last edited by CalleCataluna on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:40 pm

CalleCataluna wrote:Hey guys! Were your letters sent to your permanent or school addresses? Seems like all my snail mail communication from law schools so far has been sent to my parents house in Europe instead of my school address in NY...

Well which did you put as your mailing address?

CalleCataluna
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CalleCataluna » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:55 pm

My school address, but they are still sending everything abroad (permanent address)... Maybe because the former is a P.O. Box... doesn't really matter, just thought I'd ask if they've been sending to other people's permanent instead of mailing addresses...
Last edited by CalleCataluna on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shakespeare » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi.
For the three updates theory:

Completed, Oct. 31
Updates: Nov. 7, Nov. 20, Nov. 26 (last one)

No movement since Nov. 26. No phone calls. No interviews.
Accepted today via snail mail (it's a small envelope).

On the other hand, attended Georgetown for undergrad.

User avatar
kmarie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kmarie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:27 pm

email invite to interview yesterday. For those testing the 3 completes theory I got the email the day of my 3rd. Shocked, I thought I was an auto reject with 161/3.8. This might take a while because the email said there are no alumni in my area. I would rather drive for hours than do skype/phone. I feel like it would be less awkward in person.

jym_dawg
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jym_dawg » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:43 pm

shakespeare wrote:Hi.
For the three updates theory:

Completed, Oct. 31
Updates: Nov. 7, Nov. 20, Nov. 26 (last one)

No movement since Nov. 26. No phone calls. No interviews.
Accepted today via snail mail (it's a small envelope).

On the other hand, attended Georgetown for undergrad.


Huh? Doesn't your cycle comport with the theory? You received 3 updates and subsequently got the mail acceptance within a week. If that's not what you were suggesting, then maybe I just misinterpreted.

In any case, congrats on the acceptance!

housebro13
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby housebro13 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Just got my acceptance letter in the mail. I am an extreme splitter so I am in utter shock. I was so worried because I hadn't received it yesterday or Thursday. Also, I am located in GA. This is excellent news after a positive LSAT experience today. Also, I did not have an interview but submitted multiple addenda so they must've concluded that they had all they needed.

Submitted: 11/2

Last update: 11/26 (Don't remember others)

Postmark: 11/28

Received: 12/01

User avatar
Nickg415
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Nickg415 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:33 pm

housebro13 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter in the mail. I am an extreme splitter so I am in utter shock. I was so worried because I hadn't received it yesterday or Thursday. Also, I am located in GA. This is excellent news after a positive LSAT experience today. Also, I did not have an interview but submitted multiple addenda so they must've concluded that they had all they needed.

Submitted: 11/2

Last update: 11/26 (Don't remember others)

Postmark: 11/28

Received: 12/01


170/3.9 does not qualify you as a splitter. Be thankful! you will have a good cycle

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Nickg415 wrote:
housebro13 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter in the mail. I am an extreme splitter so I am in utter shock. I was so worried because I hadn't received it yesterday or Thursday. Also, I am located in GA. This is excellent news after a positive LSAT experience today. Also, I did not have an interview but submitted multiple addenda so they must've concluded that they had all they needed.

Submitted: 11/2

Last update: 11/26 (Don't remember others)

Postmark: 11/28

Received: 12/01


170/3.9 does not qualify you as a splitter. Be thankful! you will have a good cycle


AND a URM... :roll: you'll sweep the T14 if what you've posted is true.

jym_dawg
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jym_dawg » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:44 pm

housebro13 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter in the mail. I am an extreme splitter so I am in utter shock. I was so worried because I hadn't received it yesterday or Thursday. Also, I am located in GA. This is excellent news after a positive LSAT experience today. Also, I did not have an interview but submitted multiple addenda so they must've concluded that they had all they needed.

Submitted: 11/2

Last update: 11/26 (Don't remember others)

Postmark: 11/28

Received: 12/01


Your post makes no sense looking at your profile.

In any case, congrats from a fellow Georgian!

housebro13
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby housebro13 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Hey guys, I changed my numbers for anonymity. The new numbers of 4.0, 160 are more reflective of my actual numbers. I have been accepted into UCLA and now I'm in at GULC. I hope I will continue to climb the list and if not I'm T14!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kaziende, mm2368, potterotter, proteinshake, uhwrestler, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests