Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
j-select
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby j-select » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:11 am

applied ed part-time on 11/1 and was deferred yesterday. is a deferral the kiss of death? doesn't seem as bad as being waitlisted... anyone have any thoughts?

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:14 pm

I've been stuck at complete since 11/8 (RD). Is this normal?

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KanyeShrug » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:16 pm

I've been stuck on complete since 11/14 with zero mail. It's been after a few updates while "complete" as well. Dat anxiety.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Status change today to 11/29. Hopefully that means that my decision is in the mail. I believe that this is about my third or fourth status update.

muskies970
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby muskies970 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:07 pm

danitt wrote:Status change today to 11/29. Hopefully that means that my decision is in the mail. I believe that this is about my third or fourth status update.


Good luck!

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby slawww » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:07 pm

danitt wrote:Status change today to 11/29. Hopefully that means that my decision is in the mail. I believe that this is about my third or fourth status update.


+1.

This was my 3rd update, too. This is a big reach for me, so I'm not too confident about this decision, but good luck!

Fitz51
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Fitz51 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Is Georgetown by mail only?

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby slawww » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Fitz51 wrote:Is Georgetown by mail only?


I know acceptances are, are dings snail mail, too?

danitt wrote:Status change today to 11/29. Hopefully that means that my decision is in the mail. I believe that this is about my third or fourth status update.


Just saw your LSN page & that you were in at UVA, so I feel a little better that maybe I'm in the same batch of acceptances as you 8)

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Paraflam » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Held today. Is this the same as a WL?
Thank you for applying to the Juris Doctor program at Georgetown University Law Center. The record you present is a strong one, and the Committee on Admissions has chosen to postpone your final decision.

Each year, a large number of candidates submit applications to Georgetown Law early in the process. The high quality of this group makes the Committee's decisions extremely difficult. Please be aware that only a small number of early applicants have had their applications held, and a number of those applicants in past years have subsequently been admitted.

Once we have a better sense of the entire applicant pool, the Committee on Admissions will review your application again. No additional information is necessary, and the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) will continue to send us updates, which we will add to your file. A final decision will be mailed no later than Thursday, February 28, 2013.

On behalf of the Committee, we appreciate your patience and continued interest in Georgetown.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby AlanShore » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Paraflam wrote:Held today. Is this the same as a WL?
Thank you for applying to the Juris Doctor program at Georgetown University Law Center. The record you present is a strong one, and the Committee on Admissions has chosen to postpone your final decision.

Each year, a large number of candidates submit applications to Georgetown Law early in the process. The high quality of this group makes the Committee's decisions extremely difficult. Please be aware that only a small number of early applicants have had their applications held, and a number of those applicants in past years have subsequently been admitted.

Once we have a better sense of the entire applicant pool, the Committee on Admissions will review your application again. No additional information is necessary, and the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) will continue to send us updates, which we will add to your file. A final decision will be mailed no later than Thursday, February 28, 2013.

On behalf of the Committee, we appreciate your patience and continued interest in Georgetown.

I got the same. I was expecting a rejection though.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:26 pm

AlanShore wrote:
Paraflam wrote:Held today. Is this the same as a WL?
Thank you for applying to the Juris Doctor program at Georgetown University Law Center. The record you present is a strong one, and the Committee on Admissions has chosen to postpone your final decision.

Each year, a large number of candidates submit applications to Georgetown Law early in the process. The high quality of this group makes the Committee's decisions extremely difficult. Please be aware that only a small number of early applicants have had their applications held, and a number of those applicants in past years have subsequently been admitted.

Once we have a better sense of the entire applicant pool, the Committee on Admissions will review your application again. No additional information is necessary, and the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) will continue to send us updates, which we will add to your file. A final decision will be mailed no later than Thursday, February 28, 2013.

On behalf of the Committee, we appreciate your patience and continued interest in Georgetown.

I got the same. I was expecting a rejection though.

So the general consensus is that rejections are emailed as well?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Same, too. Sounds better than wait list since they're promising to look at it by the end of February.

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Paraflam » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 pm

AlanShore wrote:I got the same. I was expecting a rejection though.

So was I. Slightly below both medians.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KanyeShrug » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Foot in mouth. Just got another "complete" update from 11/14 to 11/29. Decision looming?


Image

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 pm

If you updated today and didn't get an email, I'd bet you're in

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby slawww » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:32 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If you updated today and didn't get an email, I'd bet you're in


Really hope you're right.

Also gonna reiterate Dannitt's question:

Are rejections done via e-mail or snail mail?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:33 pm

slawww wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If you updated today and didn't get an email, I'd bet you're in


Really hope you're right.

Also gonna reiterate Dannitt's question:

Are rejections done via e-mail or snail mail?

I wanna say I remember them being e-mail. I'm sure it's in this thread if you go back far enough.

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twenty » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Held @ 11/29 via email.

:|

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KanyeShrug » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:54 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If you updated today and didn't get an email, I'd bet you're in


God I hope you're right...

User avatar
DJT
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DJT » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:01 pm

shntn wrote:
slawww wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If you updated today and didn't get an email, I'd bet you're in


Really hope you're right.

Also gonna reiterate Dannitt's question:

Are rejections done via e-mail or snail mail?

I wanna say I remember them being e-mail. I'm sure it's in this thread if you go back far enough.


People on LSN said they were rejected by mail.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:03 pm

DJT wrote:
shntn wrote:
slawww wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If you updated today and didn't get an email, I'd bet you're in


Really hope you're right.

Also gonna reiterate Dannitt's question:

Are rejections done via e-mail or snail mail?

I wanna say I remember them being e-mail. I'm sure it's in this thread if you go back far enough.


People on LSN said they were rejected by mail.

That's just a waste of paper! I'm sure they could use that money for scholarships!

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby slawww » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:07 pm

danitt wrote:That's just a waste of paper! I'm sure they could use that money for scholarships!


Seriously! Sending out dings via snail mail is kind of cruel.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KanyeShrug » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Ding by Snail Mail = Death by Stoning

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby slawww » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:15 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:Ding by Snail Mail = Death by Stoning


I concur. I'm curious, was this the third update for everyone who updated today?

I was complete 11/2. Updates: 11/6, 11/14, 11/29.

I know most schools, it seems, send out acceptances in one batch one day, usually separate from the dings. Then again, I'm just anxiously speculating.

florida1949
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby florida1949 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Complete 11/12
Updates 11/16, 11/29

Expecting one more update then decision.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], laowhynot109 and 9 guests