Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
No, they won't take a GW offer seriously. You'll need a peer or better.

LOL @ Georgetown putting on airs.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 pm

shntn wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
No, they won't take a GW offer seriously. You'll need a peer or better.

LOL @ Georgetown putting on airs.

A Vanderbilt alum I spoke with was telling me how she got into GT but she looked at that massive class size and was like "LOL, no."

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

danitt wrote:
shntn wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
No, they won't take a GW offer seriously. You'll need a peer or better.

LOL @ Georgetown putting on airs.

A Vanderbilt alum I spoke with was telling me how she got into GT but she looked at that massive class size and was like "LOL, no."

Take a gander at the employment stats on Law School Transparency sometime. They're a bucket of lulz.

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby feralinfant » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Realized too late i should have posted the scholly question somewhere else. Here's a link to where it should be so this can stay on topic w/r/t acceptances etc.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=196505&p=5988204#p5988204

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TheThriller » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Another day without an update

User avatar
soccer88
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby soccer88 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Anyone get a letter today?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:55 pm

soccer88 wrote:Anyone get a letter today?

NO BUT MY DATE CHANGED!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moneyball026 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:44 pm

shntn wrote:
soccer88 wrote:Anyone get a letter today?

NO BUT MY DATE CHANGED!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


samesies. time to overanalyze what this means for decision time table...

tim.janitor
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby tim.janitor » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

.
Last edited by tim.janitor on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby venus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:54 pm

My status also updated today. I think I've had 9/27, 10/12, 10/23 so far. I'm not sure if I should count the 9/27 for the three updates theory but I hope if they mail decisions once a week maybe I'll get a letter by Monday.

PBJones
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby PBJones » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:26 pm

I have to ask for one quick clarification on the "3 updates theory": does that mean three total updates (e.g. 1=application received; 2=application complete; 3=application complete)? Or does that mean three updates excluding the "application received" update occuring before your application goes complete (e.g. 1=GULC application complete 2= GULC application complete ... and so forth)?

User avatar
mtrrw
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:05 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mtrrw » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:44 pm

So I've completed an interview and have now had four updates (9/23, 10/12, 10/22, 10/23). Any idea what that means? I was questioning the applicability of the three update rule in my situation because of the interview. New four update corollary to the three update rule for interviewees?!?!


EDIT: All updates are complete updates.
Last edited by mtrrw on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:47 pm

PBJones wrote:I have to ask for one quick clarification on the "3 updates theory": does that mean three total updates (e.g. 1=application received; 2=application complete; 3=application complete)? Or does that mean three updates excluding the "application received" update occuring before your application goes complete (e.g. 1=GULC application complete 2= GULC application complete ... and so forth)?


It's 3 after the first application complete status - so 4 total completes if you will.

hunter.d
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hunter.d » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Crowing wrote:
PBJones wrote:I have to ask for one quick clarification on the "3 updates theory": does that mean three total updates (e.g. 1=application received; 2=application complete; 3=application complete)? Or does that mean three updates excluding the "application received" update occuring before your application goes complete (e.g. 1=GULC application complete 2= GULC application complete ... and so forth)?


It's 3 after the first application complete status - so 4 total completes if you will.


+1

It should be called the 3 complete update theory. Start counting once you go complete.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:59 pm

hunter.d wrote:
Crowing wrote:
PBJones wrote:I have to ask for one quick clarification on the "3 updates theory": does that mean three total updates (e.g. 1=application received; 2=application complete; 3=application complete)? Or does that mean three updates excluding the "application received" update occuring before your application goes complete (e.g. 1=GULC application complete 2= GULC application complete ... and so forth)?


It's 3 after the first application complete status - so 4 total completes if you will.


+1

It should be called the 3 complete update theory. Start counting once you go complete.

Never kept count. Oops.

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby venus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:08 pm

From what I've read earlier in this thread it seems like the long wait is between the 1st and 2nd updates, and then it takes a day or two for the 3rd and last complete. I'm hopeful!!!

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TheThriller » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:23 pm

venus wrote:From what I've read earlier in this thread it seems like the long wait is between the 1st and 2nd updates, and then it takes a day or two for the 3rd and last complete. I'm hopeful!!!


i've been waiting since the 11th for my 3rd update

newyorklove
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby newyorklove » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Congrats to everyone that has been admitted! So exciting!!!

Has anyone's status not changed at all since the very first Application Complete status?

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby danitt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:47 pm

hunter.d wrote:
Crowing wrote:
PBJones wrote:I have to ask for one quick clarification on the "3 updates theory": does that mean three total updates (e.g. 1=application received; 2=application complete; 3=application complete)? Or does that mean three updates excluding the "application received" update occuring before your application goes complete (e.g. 1=GULC application complete 2= GULC application complete ... and so forth)?


It's 3 after the first application complete status - so 4 total completes if you will.


+1

It should be called the 3 complete update theory. Start counting once you go complete.

Ok so first complete is one and then 3 after? This is super confusing and super unnecessary Georgetown!

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Yeah. Speculation says:

Complete 1 - app complete
Complete 2 - UR date 1
Complete 3 - UR date 2
Complete 4 - decision made/letter drafted

User avatar
SaintsTheMetal
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:08 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby SaintsTheMetal » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 pm

mtrrw wrote:So I've completed an interview and have now had four updates (9/23, 10/12, 10/22, 10/23). Any idea what that means? I was questioning the applicability of the three update rule in my situation because of the interview. New four update corollary to the three update rule for interviewees?!?!


EDIT: All updates are complete updates.


How long did it take them to schedule you an interview, after they emailed you asking if you'll do one?

Or anyone that can answer this...

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dsn32 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Just received the acceptance letter today, dated for my third status update (10/15). Unfortunately, I believe its going to remain a mystery as to whether it takes three or four status updates to receive a decision!

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:23 pm

dsn32 wrote:Just received the acceptance letter today, dated for my third status update (10/15). Unfortunately, I believe its going to remain a mystery as to whether it takes three or four status updates to receive a decision!


Congrats!

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Br3v » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:27 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
dsn32 wrote:Just received the acceptance letter today, dated for my third status update (10/15). Unfortunately, I believe its going to remain a mystery as to whether it takes three or four status updates to receive a decision!


Congrats!

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dsn32 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 pm

Thanks Whitey and Br3v.... was starting to get nervous with all those 10/15's receiving their letters in days past! Good to see that those with less than consistent status updates/mailing times can rest assured..... there is still hope!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”