Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
diesel115
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby diesel115 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:37 pm

evoluna wrote:Anyone know what "Status: Application Completed" means?

I got that status update on a date that approximately coincides with when I was told during a group interview I would be receiving a decision, but no email or snail mail yet.


+1

CMC88
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CMC88 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:54 pm

diesel115 wrote:
evoluna wrote:Anyone know what "Status: Application Completed" means?

I got that status update on a date that approximately coincides with when I was told during a group interview I would be receiving a decision, but no email or snail mail yet.


+1


Hmm mine says the same thing. What was it before? I can't even remember.

BruCam
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BruCam » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:18 pm

PBateman1 wrote:Got the tiny envelope today. If they can swing a few scholarship dollars my way, there is a very good chance I will be attending in the fall.




Did you're profile update to decision made or anything before receiving the letter?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:20 pm

what happens after application completed?

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moneyball026 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:35 pm

az21833 wrote:what happens after application completed?


After application completed, you are gonna get accepted, then you are gonna choose a higher ranked school.

KingFish
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KingFish » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Went complete for the 3rd time today and I also got an interview request. I was hoping I wouldn't have to interview but it'll be good practice I guess.

BigZuck
Posts: 10875
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BigZuck » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:50 pm

moneyball026 wrote:
az21833 wrote:what happens after application completed?


After application completed, you are gonna get accepted, then you are gonna choose a higher ranked school.


:lol: dat UVA fully

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TripTrip » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:06 pm

In today via tiny letter. How do we find out about $$$ offers?

User avatar
StillIll
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby StillIll » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Ok does someone (or could someone kindly) want to explain to me how all of this UR1, UR2, various acronym lingo work, and what it all means? I'm confused. Sorry.

User avatar
hhockberger
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hhockberger » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:16 pm

StillIll wrote:Ok does someone (or could someone kindly) want to explain to me how all of this UR1, UR2, various acronym lingo work, and what it all means? I'm confused. Sorry.


You might find this useful:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18478

Not sure if UR is on there, but it means under review. The application status field on your status checker will have a date next to it, and when the date changes for the first time after going complete, that means UR1 and so on. It sometimes corresponds to when you can expect a decision.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LRGhost » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:16 pm

StillIll wrote:Ok does someone (or could someone kindly) want to explain to me how all of this UR1, UR2, various acronym lingo work, and what it all means? I'm confused. Sorry.


UR means under review. The 1 and 2 means the updates which is signified by a change in date in the status checker. :)

evoluna
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby evoluna » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 am

To those wondering if "Application Completed" means anything, I did some searching and it seems to mean nothing. Some people from previous cycles had had that status for months before being notified of a rejection or acceptance.

djlmjs22
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby djlmjs22 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Deleted
Last edited by djlmjs22 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HankBashir » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:34 pm

In today via snail mail!

Submitted 1/3
I can't remember when I went complete, It's on LSN, but that's down right now
on 2/1 they e-mailed me for an addendum
Letter postmarked 2/4
As of right now, my status checker reads "Application Completed" with a date of 2/5/2013

Stats in profile

vinnnyvincenzo
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vinnnyvincenzo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Preferred waitlist today. Kind of a buzz kill but about what I expected. Does preferred actually mean anything or just a way to keep the fish on the line?

User avatar
Ned Racine
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Ned Racine » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:26 pm

vinnnyvincenzo wrote:Preferred waitlist today. Kind of a buzz kill but about what I expected. Does preferred actually mean anything or just a way to keep the fish on the line?


Well, I just got regular waitlisted, so it probably means something.

Jonathk1
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jonathk1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:29 pm

There's was data somewhere on this forum showing the number of applicants who have been accepted through preferred waitlist & regular waitlist. The difference was substantial though if I recall correctly.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TripTrip » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:30 pm

evoluna wrote:To those wondering if "Application Completed" means anything, I did some searching and it seems to mean nothing. Some people from previous cycles had had that status for months before being notified of a rejection or acceptance.

If you have the auto status checker, you'll see it go completed multiple times before a decision is reached. (At least I did.)

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananapudding88 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:50 pm

WL'd this afternoon via email lulz... withdrew exactly 1 minute later.

User avatar
Bfalcon
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Bfalcon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:38 am

In today via letter.
Status checker had application completed sometime in January, last update was 04 Feb 13. Pretty stoked... I'll see you folks at GULC!
Should also mention that I never did an interview

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moneyball026 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:50 pm

aiaea wrote:WL'd this afternoon via email lulz... withdrew exactly 1 minute later.


Yeah, you're too good for their waitlist. #sarcasm

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LRGhost » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:02 pm

moneyball026 wrote:
aiaea wrote:WL'd this afternoon via email lulz... withdrew exactly 1 minute later.


Yeah, you're too good for their waitlist. #sarcasm


Calm down, dude.

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moneyball026 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:18 pm

LRGhost wrote:
moneyball026 wrote:
aiaea wrote:WL'd this afternoon via email lulz... withdrew exactly 1 minute later.


Yeah, you're too good for their waitlist. #sarcasm


Calm down, dude.


Nah, it's a big pet peeve of mine when people act like they're better than a certain school, no matter how high or low it is ranked. Every school has people that would do almost anything to go there, especially a T14 school. So even if you can get into a better school, you should not act like you're above going to other schools.

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby venus » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:19 pm

moneyball026 wrote:Nah, it's a big pet peeve of mine when people act like they're better than a certain school, no matter how high or low it is ranked. Every school has people that would do almost anything to go there, especially a T14 school. So even if you can get into a better school, you should not act like you're above going to other schools.

That.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LRGhost » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:21 pm

I agree, but he got into other (higher ranked) schools he prefers to go to. Kind of a dick comment but it's a yolo




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Justtrying2help and 12 guests