Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JedBartlett » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Mine updated as well. Prediction: They made decisions, are mailing them today, and we will receive 'em Monday or Tuesday?

karich
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby karich » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:47 pm

.
Last edited by karich on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TheThriller » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:00 pm

10/11 update as well.

But still no other listings on the SC:

Nothing listed under mailings
No Country of CtZ
No Residency
Only the App Fee showing up in "Fees" Section

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 pm

+1 on the date update. Hopefully the mailed-out prediction holds true

Jose Reyes
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jose Reyes » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 pm

TheThriller wrote:10/11 update as well.

But still no other listings on the SC:

Nothing listed under mailings
No Country of CtZ
No Residency
Only the App Fee showing up in "Fees" Section


Same here. 10/11 update, and no country of citizen, no residency, only app fee in "fees" section.

hunter.d
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hunter.d » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:09 pm

helix23 wrote:
hunter.d wrote:Status date updated to 10/11/12 today. Looks like there was a pattern of updates last year with date 1 being complete, date 2 being either an under review or decision made, and date 3 being when they mailed it out. Hopefully my decision is made and my decision is coming soon! Anybody else have a new date?


John Adams would be proud of your attention to detail.


I am sure that angry bastard enjoyed excruciating details.

I am thinking the status date means it is under review now. The third status date will be the mailing date, even though I would like to think it is going in the mail today.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:15 pm

hunter.d wrote:
I am sure that angry bastard enjoyed excruciating details.

I am thinking the status date means it is under review now. The third status date will be the mailing date, even though I would like to think it is going in the mail today.


speaking of angry bastards why the heck hasn't my status changed!

hunter.d
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hunter.d » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:30 pm

helix23 wrote:
hunter.d wrote:
I am sure that angry bastard enjoyed excruciating details.

I am thinking the status date means it is under review now. The third status date will be the mailing date, even though I would like to think it is going in the mail today.


speaking of angry bastards why the heck hasn't my status changed!


They're probably trying to calculate your ridiculous scholarship. Only logical explanation.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:31 pm

hunter.d wrote:
helix23 wrote:
hunter.d wrote:
I am sure that angry bastard enjoyed excruciating details.

I am thinking the status date means it is under review now. The third status date will be the mailing date, even though I would like to think it is going in the mail today.


speaking of angry bastards why the heck hasn't my status changed!


They're probably trying to calculate your ridiculous scholarship. Only logical explanation.


This.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TheThriller » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Georgetown doesn't normally give scholarships, but when they do, they give them to helix

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:44 pm

I want the gold

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:44 pm

give me the gold

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TheThriller » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:49 pm

where da gold at?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:51 pm


User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:07 pm

they call me the thread killer. See you all on the Elysian plains.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:23 pm

9/24 -> 10/1 -> 10/11 for me. Let's hope we're all getting good news soon!

Just
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Just » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:56 am

JedBartlett wrote:Mine updated as well. Prediction: They made decisions, are mailing them today, and we will receive 'em Monday or Tuesday?


what about the acceptance email?

User avatar
Nickg415
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Nickg415 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Just sent my app in. Would love to be in D.C. for the next three years we'll see if I can get some splitter love: 3.24 GPA 170 LSAT.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Just wrote:
JedBartlett wrote:Mine updated as well. Prediction: They made decisions, are mailing them today, and we will receive 'em Monday or Tuesday?


what about the acceptance email?


It was my understanding that they only did snail-mail

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Is there anyone who went complete in September but didn't get a 10/11 update?

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TheThriller » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:10 pm

My app may be a bit after yours:

Just got a call from LSAC saying that they lost an LOR but for some reason still indicated on all my applications that I had 4 (for the schools that accepted 4). Now all these schools are requesting the final LOR.

I thought I was done with this stuff. This has been just a miserable cycle.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Crowing wrote:Is there anyone who went complete in September but didn't get a 10/11 update?

Just for you, I checked. No change.

User avatar
geary86
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby geary86 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:16 pm

TheThriller wrote:My app may be a bit after yours:

Just got a call from LSAC saying that they lost an LOR but for some reason still indicated on all my applications that I had 4 (for the schools that accepted 4). Now all these schools are requesting the final LOR.

I thought I was done with this stuff. This has been just a miserable cycle.


OMG... :shock:
They lost an LOR?????
Sorry to hear that... Can't believe how unprofessional LSAC is..

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TheThriller » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 pm

geary86 wrote:
TheThriller wrote:My app may be a bit after yours:

Just got a call from LSAC saying that they lost an LOR but for some reason still indicated on all my applications that I had 4 (for the schools that accepted 4). Now all these schools are requesting the final LOR.

I thought I was done with this stuff. This has been just a miserable cycle.


OMG... :shock:
They lost an LOR?????
Sorry to hear that... Can't believe how unprofessional LSAC is..


I mean things happen, they are human, just frustrating because I can't help but think these schools (like GULC) will view my application negatively in light of this.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:22 pm

TheThriller wrote:
geary86 wrote:
TheThriller wrote:My app may be a bit after yours:

Just got a call from LSAC saying that they lost an LOR but for some reason still indicated on all my applications that I had 4 (for the schools that accepted 4). Now all these schools are requesting the final LOR.

I thought I was done with this stuff. This has been just a miserable cycle.


OMG... :shock:
They lost an LOR?????
Sorry to hear that... Can't believe how unprofessional LSAC is..


I mean things happen, they are human, just frustrating because I can't help but think these schools (like GULC) will view my application negatively in light of this.


That's a crappy situation, but I kind of doubt the schools hold it against you. I mean, it's clearly not your fault...if the LSAC indicated that you had all four, and all four did not show up, it's clearly some kind of problem on their end. I wouldn't worry about it too much!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Long shot hero, mccracal, Pomegranate27 and 18 guests