Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Rahviveh » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:12 pm

venus wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:Is anyone actually going to the admitted students day for G-town? I got the email today...

Not sure. Do they fly us in/ provide housing? My email didn't say anything about that.


There's no travel subsidy, but they do have a program where you can find housing with current students

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:14 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
venus wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:Is anyone actually going to the admitted students day for G-town? I got the email today...

Not sure. Do they fly us in/ provide housing? My email didn't say anything about that.


There's no travel subsidy, but they do have a program where you can find housing with current students

Vandy is the only school I know of that will fly admitted students down.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Rahviveh » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:14 pm

shntn wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
venus wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:Is anyone actually going to the admitted students day for G-town? I got the email today...

Not sure. Do they fly us in/ provide housing? My email didn't say anything about that.


There's no travel subsidy, but they do have a program where you can find housing with current students

Vandy is the only school I know of that will fly admitted students down.


By fly students down do you mean offer a subsidy? Plenty of T14's do this. Off the top of my head UVA, Cornell, CLS, and Penn all offer substantial travel subsidies

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:18 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:By fly students down do you mean offer a subsidy? Plenty of T14's do this. Off the top of my head UVA, Cornell, CLS, and Penn all offer substantial travel subsidies

Yes, and I wasn't aware.

User avatar
oaken
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby oaken » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:21 pm

shntn wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
venus wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:Is anyone actually going to the admitted students day for G-town? I got the email today...

Not sure. Do they fly us in/ provide housing? My email didn't say anything about that.


There's no travel subsidy, but they do have a program where you can find housing with current students

Vandy is the only school I know of that will fly admitted students down.


Minnesota flew admitted students last year too, I would assume this year as well.

User avatar
zoidberg86
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby zoidberg86 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Updated to 12/6 - was stuck around 10/23. This was the 3rd update, but haven't received any emails yet.

Any thoughts?

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Eichörnchen » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:50 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:Is anyone actually going to the admitted students day for G-town? I got the email today...

Open bar? Just kidding. ;) There's a good chance I'll go in January.

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby djwjddl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:06 pm

anyone figure out the difference between the group interview and alumni interview? what type of applicants get what, or is there no difference?

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby edamame » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:16 pm

djwjddl wrote:anyone figure out the difference between the group interview and alumni interview? what type of applicants get what, or is there no difference?


I got the group interview and my stats are 172+ / 4+.

A lot of borderline candidates are also getting group interview invites.

For alumni interviews, I think that's just borderline candidates. I haven't read otherwise yet, and I've followed this forum somewhat regularly.

abtky
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby abtky » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Checking back in, third update after interview was 12/3 no mail or emails yet...

Looks like the 12/3 crew hasn't heard anything yet?

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby chickpea » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:24 pm

abtky wrote:Checking back in, third update after interview was 12/3 no mail or emails yet...

Looks like the 12/3 crew hasn't heard anything yet?


I'm part of the 12/3 crew and haven't heard anything either :(

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elblufer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Updated last Friday (11/30) and not since. I'm pretty sure it was my second update. Looks like I'm not going to see any movement this week...

CMC88
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CMC88 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 pm

edamame wrote:
djwjddl wrote:anyone figure out the difference between the group interview and alumni interview? what type of applicants get what, or is there no difference?


I got the group interview and my stats are 172+ / 4+.

A lot of borderline candidates are also getting group interview invites.

For alumni interviews, I think that's just borderline candidates. I haven't read otherwise yet, and I've followed this forum somewhat regularly.



I also got the group interview and my stats are 170/3.92, so we will have to see!

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby djwjddl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:36 pm

CMC88 wrote:
edamame wrote:
djwjddl wrote:anyone figure out the difference between the group interview and alumni interview? what type of applicants get what, or is there no difference?


I got the group interview and my stats are 172+ / 4+.

A lot of borderline candidates are also getting group interview invites.

For alumni interviews, I think that's just borderline candidates. I haven't read otherwise yet, and I've followed this forum somewhat regularly.



I also got the group interview and my stats are 170/3.92, so we will have to see!


thanks. seems like the group interview might be more geared towards those right below or at the YP range.

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby venus » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:40 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:By fly students down do you mean offer a subsidy? Plenty of T14's do this. Off the top of my head UVA, Cornell, CLS, and Penn all offer substantial travel subsidies

Yeah, Berkeley also offered to pay for my travel costs. Ahh Gtown...

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elblufer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Georgetown also has a LOT more students that they'd have to pay to travel. Big class.

LSP12
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LSP12 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:57 pm

vzapana wrote:i didn't get the ASW e-mail, and i was admitted... is anyone else in the same boat?


I am! I was admitted last week though, so maybe the emails are sent out in batches based on admit date?

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jaqen » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:14 am

LSP12 wrote:
vzapana wrote:i didn't get the ASW e-mail, and i was admitted... is anyone else in the same boat?


I am! I was admitted last week though, so maybe the emails are sent out in batches based on admit date?


Same here.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:20 am

vzapana wrote:i didn't get the ASW e-mail, and i was admitted... is anyone else in the same boat?


Lulz I got 2 ASW e-mails - mebbe I got one of yours

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby megagnarley » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Apologies if this has been spelled out early, but with the optional essay video response....where on earth are you supposed to list the hyperlink to the video?

Thanks in advance

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:19 pm

megagnarley wrote:Apologies if this has been spelled out early, but with the optional essay video response....where on earth are you supposed to list the hyperlink to the video?

Thanks in advance


Image

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:21 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
megagnarley wrote:Apologies if this has been spelled out early, but with the optional essay video response....where on earth are you supposed to list the hyperlink to the video?

Thanks in advance


Image

:lol: :lol:

User avatar
bobr
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:42 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bobr » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:51 am

ChampagnePapi wrote:There's two, one in January and one in March


Where did you read about the one in March?

Thanks in advance

enjoyddyy
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby enjoyddyy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:06 am

Crowing wrote:
vzapana wrote:i didn't get the ASW e-mail, and i was admitted... is anyone else in the same boat?


Lulz I got 2 ASW e-mails - mebbe I got one of yours


haha. In the email, any word on when the admitted students website will be up?

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby risa » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:57 am

bobr wrote:Where did you read about the one in March?


dates?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, bleakchimera2, Exabot [Bot], fazzvm56, jer0689, mccracal, mmorrell94, nynina, StopLawying, taxman14, thg1870 and 24 guests