Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lilMiao

New

Re: Georgetown c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Post by lilMiao » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 pm

swordking90 wrote: Check your status checker - does it show your country of citizenship already (I'm assuming it'll say USA). If it does, then it is most likely that you're already in!
I'm international applicant... and as I remembered my country of citizenship had always been there........
well...... so nervous.. gotta wait on.......

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Rory19 wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:If I had my in-person alumni interview back on 3/15 and still haven't heard anything, do you guys think it'd be reasonable to shoot GULC a LOCI?
Has your review date changed at least? To me 10 days seems a little impatient but it is later in the cycle. i do know the reviewer has to submit their form and when they do that your review date changes. If this has not happened yet it could be your alumni is slow sending it in.
Nah, my review date hasn't changed. I'll probably just hold off altogether on the LOCI.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Another question I just thought of: it looks like GULC's seat deposit date is 4/1. They're not obligated to render a decision before then, are they? If not, should I take their silence as a ding?

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:12 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:Another question I just thought of: it looks like GULC's seat deposit date is 4/1. They're not obligated to render a decision before then, are they? If not, should I take their silence as a ding?
You should not take their silence as a ding, but you should be concerned about the lack of update after your interview. I would contact the alumnus to make sure he/she has submitted the paperwork and just mention that you hadn't seen movement on your status checker, so you just wanted to make sure. If the alum has submitted it, I would send a LOCI just because you have nothing to lose either way.

HankBashir

Silver

Post by HankBashir » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:24 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:Another question I just thought of: it looks like GULC's seat deposit date is 4/1. They're not obligated to render a decision before then, are they? If not, should I take their silence as a ding?
The 4/1 is for those that've been offered merit scholarships. The "regular" deadline is in May. You're definitely not dinged yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 pm

LRGhost wrote:
You should not take their silence as a ding, but you should be concerned about the lack of update after your interview. I would contact the alumnus to make sure he/she has submitted the paperwork and just mention that you hadn't seen movement on your status checker, so you just wanted to make sure. If the alum has submitted it, I would send a LOCI just because you have nothing to lose either way.
Good call. The alumnus I met with was a really nice guy but seemed awfully busy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he forgot to submit the paperwork. I went ahead and contacted him to give a reminder.
HankBashir wrote:
The 4/1 is for those that've been offered merit scholarships. The "regular" deadline is in May. You're definitely not dinged yet.
Thanks for the reassurance!

fallingup

Bronze

Post by fallingup » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Had my alumni interview 3/21, my application complete date changed today.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:52 pm

fallingup wrote:Had my alumni interview 3/21, my application complete date changed today.
Whelp... FML. I haven't heard anything from the alumnus I emailed on Monday and my status hasn't changed. I think I'm going to email GULC admissions and explain my situation, because I've done literally everything I can (aside from finding the alumnus's phone number and calling him).

lovemunich

New

Post by lovemunich » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Created an account after months of lurking in order to ask a question...

I was waitlisted (non-preferred) without an interview in early February. I applied Early Decision and I'm a reverse splitter with a very high GPA and below 25% LSAT score. Yesterday, I received an offer for an group interview with the dean for next week. The email indicated that it was for a select group of candidates who live in the area.

I didn't see anyone else with a similar experience in this thread, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Could it mean they're considering me further? GULC is my dream school! Fingers crossed... :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:35 pm

lovemunich wrote:Created an account after months of lurking in order to ask a question...

I was waitlisted (non-preferred) without an interview in early February. I applied Early Decision and I'm a reverse splitter with a very high GPA and below 25% LSAT score. Yesterday, I received an offer for an group interview with the dean for next week. The email indicated that it was for a select group of candidates who live in the area.

I didn't see anyone else with a similar experience in this thread, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Could it mean they're considering me further? GULC is my dream school! Fingers crossed... :)
Yes. There's definitely similar anecdotes earlier in the thread.

d330

Bronze

Post by d330 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:38 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
fallingup wrote:Had my alumni interview 3/21, my application complete date changed today.
Whelp... FML. I haven't heard anything from the alumnus I emailed on Monday and my status hasn't changed. I think I'm going to email GULC admissions and explain my situation, because I've done literally everything I can (aside from finding the alumnus's phone number and calling him).
I'd definitely call the admissions office. I wouldn't email. They get calls all the time, and if you are having concerns just call and be frank about it.

account1

New

Post by account1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:42 pm

To those who got scholarship increases, was this before or after you accepted ur original scholarship? Has anyone gotten a scholarship increase after submitting their intent to enroll form? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by account1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovemunich

New

Post by lovemunich » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:09 pm

TripTrip wrote:
lovemunich wrote:Created an account after months of lurking in order to ask a question...

Could you perhaps point me in the right direction? I've read nearly all the posts back to about page 85 and didn't see anything. Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:22 pm

lovemunich wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

Could you perhaps point me in the right direction? I've read nearly all the posts back to about page 85 and didn't see anything. Thanks!
I can confirm that plenty of people have done a group interview and it was discussed numerous times in this thread. Common sense would dictate that if you got an invite then they are still considering you. I doubt they would invite you if they had already decided to reject you.

But of course the best thing to help your chances would be to retake the LSAT. That is the key to most things law school admissions related.

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:24 pm

lovemunich wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

Just dress well, take the initiative in speaking instead of fading to the background, and do what you can to sell yourself and the school as a great fit. Good luck!

ssanonymous

Silver

Post by ssanonymous » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:52 pm

Rory19 wrote:For all those waiting on PILS, I just received my no thank you e-mail. Decisions are out!
Sorry to hear but thanks for the info. I guess they're notifying applicants in waves because I haven't heard anything.

Goodman

New

Post by Goodman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Just submitted my financial aid application (Yellow Form). Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a response?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

anela00

Bronze

Post by anela00 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Goodman wrote:Just submitted my financial aid application (Yellow Form). Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a response?
Where is the link for the Yellow Form? They said it was on the admitted student website but I'm stupid and I can't find it.

kraffcook

New

Post by kraffcook » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Goodman wrote:Just submitted my financial aid application (Yellow Form). Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a response?
You'll get an award letter in 3-4 weeks, most likely on a Thursday.

lovemunich

New

Post by lovemunich » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:41 pm

BigZuck wrote:
lovemunich wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

I can confirm that plenty of people have done a group interview and it was discussed numerous times in this thread. Common sense would dictate that if you got an invite then they are still considering you. I doubt they would invite you if they had already decided to reject you.

But of course the best thing to help your chances would be to retake the LSAT. That is the key to most things law school admissions related.
Yes, I knew all that already. If you read my question, I was wondering specifically if anyone had a group interview after they had been placed on the waitlist, and what sort of outcome they had from that. If someone else could answer this question for me, I'd really appreciate it. :)

Goodman

New

Post by Goodman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:47 pm

anela00 wrote:
Where is the link for the Yellow Form? They said it was on the admitted student website but I'm stupid and I can't find it.

Go here: https://www.theloanprogram.org/eapp/ You'll have to create an account if it's your first time visiting.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

stone_fox

New

Post by stone_fox » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:50 pm

lovemunich wrote:Yes, I knew all that already. If you read my question, I was wondering specifically if anyone had a group interview after they had been placed on the waitlist, and what sort of outcome they had from that. If someone else could answer this question for me, I'd really appreciate it. :)
I had a group interview in LA after being put on the preferred waitlist. It went pretty well and Dean Cornblatt said we would hear back within a few weeks (pretty sure everyone I interviewed with was also waitlisted). It's been three weeks and I still haven't had any updates or heard anything from them. I'm hoping to see some movement after the first deposits are due.

lovemunich

New

Post by lovemunich » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:53 pm

stone_fox wrote:
lovemunich wrote:Yes, I knew all that already. If you read my question, I was wondering specifically if anyone had a group interview after they had been placed on the waitlist, and what sort of outcome they had from that. If someone else could answer this question for me, I'd really appreciate it. :)
I had a group interview in LA after being put on the preferred waitlist. It went pretty well and Dean Cornblatt said we would hear back within a few weeks (pretty sure everyone I interviewed with was also waitlisted). It's been three weeks and I still haven't had any updates or heard anything from them. I'm hoping to see some movement after the first deposits are due.
Awesome, thanks so much! Just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience with this. Good luck!!

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:04 pm

d330 wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:
I'd definitely call the admissions office. I wouldn't email. They get calls all the time, and if you are having concerns just call and be frank about it.
Great advice. I called them before they closed today and was told that the alumnus member had in fact sent in his paperwork, and that my application was under review again.

Rlabo

Silver

Post by Rlabo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:37 pm

lovemunich wrote:
stone_fox wrote:
Awesome, thanks so much! Just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience with this. Good luck!!
I had my group interview a week after being put into the special group within the preferred waitlist and was admitted a few days after.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”