Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Anonymous4444 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 am

They email me asking to apply then never send me a status checker.... So annoying

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby NoodleyOne » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:37 am

Just checked ASW..

25k a year scholly!

User avatar
MustacheMarshall
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby MustacheMarshall » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:42 am

Anonimo wrote:If someone receives new financial offers, please let everyone know. ty


Received a dean's scholarship via ASW this morning!

Does anyone know how this is distributed for summer starters? It says "2014" but technically my first year would be over by 2013? Does it still get distributed over two semesters or does it spread that $22,500 over the first three semesters?

User avatar
domori
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby domori » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:03 am

Received dean's scholarship via ASW also.

It says $22500 for 2014 - does this mean 22500 per year or 22500 for 3 years?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby shntn » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 am

domori wrote:Received dean's scholarship via ASW also.

It says $22500 for 2014 - does this mean 22500 per year or 22500 for 3 years?

I would assume that's per year.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:52 am

Dean's scholly - 30,000. Is this real life? :shock:

ip_law_app
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby ip_law_app » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:03 am

Does anyone with a Darrow invite also already have financial awards listed on the ASW?

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 am

Does anybody know if Michigan is decent with need-based aid? I think I read they don't take your parents information into account which is making me hopeful that I can get some money from them because I have nothing.

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby vzapana » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:31 am

ip_law_app wrote:Does anyone with a Darrow invite also already have financial awards listed on the ASW?


I don't :( not sure why

LSP12
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby LSP12 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Does anyone know/remember what message the fin aid section displays before awards are processed? Is it simply no awards found? Does it display something different if you've been invited for a Darrow?

Anonimo
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Anonimo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:08 pm

francesfarmer wrote:Does anybody know if Michigan is decent with need-based aid? I think I read they don't take your parents information into account which is making me hopeful that I can get some money from them because I have nothing.


I was wondering the same thing. I don't think I'll receive the Dean's Scholarship, so my last hope to receive financial aid is the one need-based. I'm poor but my parents aren't.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:55 pm

LSP12 wrote:Does anyone know/remember what message the fin aid section displays before awards are processed? Is it simply no awards found? Does it display something different if you've been invited for a Darrow?

Mine used to say "zero awards" I believe

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby 02889 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:58 pm

I also received a dean's scholarship today of $22,500/year. In case it's helpful for future admits: I was accepted on 12/4, so the scholarship came just over a week later.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby trojandave » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Accepted 11/29 and the scholly just showed up on the ASW today. Also: WOOHOO!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby dproduct » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Paraflam wrote:Dean Z tweeted last night that all ED decisions will be finalized by Friday; everyone who is no-offered will be rolled into regular decision. I'm guessing I'm part of the latter since I haven't heard back yet.


Right there with ya.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:53 pm

dproduct wrote:
Paraflam wrote:Dean Z tweeted last night that all ED decisions will be finalized by Friday; everyone who is no-offered will be rolled into regular decision. I'm guessing I'm part of the latter since I haven't heard back yet.


Right there with ya.

User avatar
jwthurman
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby jwthurman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Same boat here. Was the year listed as 2014 on the the financial aid page? I guess the award is per year, but I wish the site stated it explicitly.
Eichörnchen wrote:Dean's scholly - 30,000. Is this real life? :shock:

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:04 pm

jwthurman wrote:Same boat here. Was the year listed as 2014 on the the financial aid page? I guess the award is per year, but I wish the site stated it explicitly.
Eichörnchen wrote:Dean's scholly - 30,000. Is this real life? :shock:

Yes it says 2014, soo basically I'm telling nobody and checking the mailbox compulsively until I know exactly what it means...

bailey8078
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby bailey8078 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:08 am

The follow up letter says per year. Just FYI

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Paraflam » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:27 am

Well, all ED decisions are supposed to be finalized today, and my update for the day is still "complete". Guess that means I'm getting rolled into RD?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:29 am

Paraflam wrote:Well, all ED decisions are supposed to be finalized today, and my update for the day is still "complete". Guess that means I'm getting rolled into RD?

Just checked, same. If we want to be optimists, we could hope for good news tomorrow morning...

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Paraflam » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:35 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Paraflam wrote:Well, all ED decisions are supposed to be finalized today, and my update for the day is still "complete". Guess that means I'm getting rolled into RD?

Just checked, same. If we want to be optimists, we could hope for good news tomorrow morning...

I guess, but:
@UMichLaw wrote:all early d's will be finalized by this Fri.; all no-offers will then be considered for reg decision

Looking like a no-offer.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:36 am

If it's finalized by their office today, it'll be posted tomorrow morning.

(Totally not expecting great news, though)

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Paraflam » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:40 am

Ah, gotcha. You're in better shape than me; good luck, man!

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby UMich11 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:58 am

so how does it work if we get rolled? Are we completely re-considered? If not, what if we submit some additional information now, how does that impact the review process?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 0LawSchool, 20171lhopeful, Aquinas, freekick, genjustice, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], katthegreat11, Keardus, Keilz, neptunian, nslaw123, okf731, phelpsy, stewhan, ThorB, unrelated and 33 guests