Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sitwaitwish
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby sitwaitwish » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:13 pm

djwjddl wrote:
sitwaitwish wrote:Checking in! Submitted my application Dec 2. Haven't received a log-in ID email. The email said about a week. Did anyone else have to wait a little extra longer for a log-in?

Thanks! And Congrats to all admits!


usually takes a bit for your app to go complete. took about 10 days for me to receive mine.



Thanks! And hopefully you'll hear back soon!

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby ht2988 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:17 pm

sitwaitwish wrote:Checking in! Submitted my application Dec 2. Haven't received a log-in ID email. The email said about a week. Did anyone else have to wait a little extra longer for a log-in?

Thanks! And Congrats to all admits!


I waited 12 days.

User avatar
gate08
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby gate08 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:59 pm

I've been complete since 10/29, should I be expecting a ding or holding out some hope?

User avatar
ashockofpink
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby ashockofpink » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:16 pm

Still waiting for status checker :'(... whyyyy did I not submit until 12/3... WHYYYY?!

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Anonymous4444 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:18 pm

ashockofpink wrote:Still waiting for status checker :'(... whyyyy did I not submit until 12/3... WHYYYY?!



+1

User avatar
ashockofpink
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby ashockofpink » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:
ashockofpink wrote:Still waiting for status checker :'(... whyyyy did I not submit until 12/3... WHYYYY?!



+1


-infinity D:

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby wisteria » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:40 pm

ashockofpink wrote:Still waiting for status checker :'(... whyyyy did I not submit until 12/3... WHYYYY?!


I submitted 11/16, and I'm stilling waiting for status checker. Michigan and Harvard are two schools that seem to have completely ignored me.

I emailed Michigan a few days ago though, and they told me that my file is actually complete and in queue for review and that the status checker email will be coming my way this week. It's Tuesday today, so I guess I'll wait and see. At least they actually got my file.

Sigh....

User avatar
ashockofpink
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby ashockofpink » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:43 pm

wisteria wrote:
ashockofpink wrote:Still waiting for status checker :'(... whyyyy did I not submit until 12/3... WHYYYY?!


I submitted 11/16, and I'm stilling waiting for status checker. Michigan and Harvard are two schools that seem to have completely ignored me.

I emailed Michigan a few days ago though, and they told me that my file is actually complete and in queue for review and that the status checker email will be coming my way this week. It's Tuesday today, so I guess I'll wait and see. At least they actually got my file.

Sigh....


If you don't get it by the end of this week, CALL. I called them yesterday and they told me if I didn't get my checker by the end of next week to call them again. They also mentioned that they generally give out status checkers on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, so hopefully this week you'll get yours. The admission staff is ridiculously nice and helpful so don't hesitate to call if you don't see any movement :)

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby wisteria » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:45 pm

ashockofpink wrote:
wisteria wrote:
ashockofpink wrote:Still waiting for status checker :'(... whyyyy did I not submit until 12/3... WHYYYY?!


I submitted 11/16, and I'm stilling waiting for status checker. Michigan and Harvard are two schools that seem to have completely ignored me.

I emailed Michigan a few days ago though, and they told me that my file is actually complete and in queue for review and that the status checker email will be coming my way this week. It's Tuesday today, so I guess I'll wait and see. At least they actually got my file.

Sigh....


If you don't get it by the end of this week, CALL. I called them yesterday and they told me if I didn't get my checker by the end of next week to call them again. They also mentioned that they generally give out status checkers on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, so hopefully this week you'll get yours. The admission staff is ridiculously nice and helpful so don't hesitate to call if you don't see any movement :)


Thanks! I'm definitely going to call this Friday. :)

User avatar
FortunaGubernans
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby FortunaGubernans » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:48 pm

UMich11 wrote:
LSP12 wrote:Accepted via status checker this morning! Regular decision received about a 4.5 weeks after app went complete

At one median, above the other 75th

Heres hoping a few more RD applicants hear some good news today


Cograts! Makes me nervous though. I'm ED and i still haven't heard. I'm thinking of doing an email to the admin com just to reaffirm my reasons for UMich. Almost like a waitlist letter, before i hit the waitlist.

anyone else in my position?


Right here. But they have to tell us something in the next four days, right?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby shntn » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:50 pm

FortunaGubernans wrote:Right here. But they have to tell us something in the next four days, right?

You'd think. Michigan seems to be really dragging its feet this year. :|

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby UMich11 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:00 pm

shntn wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Right here. But they have to tell us something in the next four days, right?

You'd think. Michigan seems to be really dragging its feet this year. :|


It makes me nervous, that is for sure.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Got my packet today. 2 gig flash drive? PSSSSSSH!

Had a nice handwritten note on my acceptance letter, but no scholly info. Did Darrow invites come in the packet, too?

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby vzapana » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:35 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Got my packet today. 2 gig flash drive? PSSSSSSH!

Had a nice handwritten note on my acceptance letter, but no scholly info. Did Darrow invites come in the packet, too?


No you get emailed. There was a first round already, but I imagine they'll do one more round for those admitted this month. There's an extra essay due next month.

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby M458 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:37 pm

vzapana wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:Got my packet today. 2 gig flash drive? PSSSSSSH!

Had a nice handwritten note on my acceptance letter, but no scholly info. Did Darrow invites come in the packet, too?


No you get emailed. I was in the first round, but I imagine they'll do one more round for those admitted this month. There's an extra essay due next month.



:( Any chance a December re-taker could still get invited for the Darrow you think? My app's in and completed, just waiting for that score to get released.

User avatar
polareagle
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby polareagle » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:54 pm

...
Last edited by polareagle on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Mdenis1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 pm

I haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I just wanted to let everyone know I got Dean Scholarships in the mail. 10 000$ x 3. (168 3.92).

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby megagnarley » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Hey guys.

Looking for advice based on those who have been following this cycle at Mich.

I have a 169/3.64 on file right now, but I also retook the Dec LSAT. There is a chance I did better on the Dec test but also a chance that I did worse as I am awful at judging post LSAT performance, and so for many schools (USC/UCLA/Cornell etc.) I've submitted my apps and asked them to flag it for review now rather than waiting for the Dec score (most have obliged), thereby mitigating the risk of a lower score and getting my app in earlier.

With my numbers, am I an auto-ding for Mich? And if you were me, would you submit now and tell them to mark it complete or wait and hope for a better score?

Graciasssss amigos

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby comeonletsgo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:57 pm

megagnarley wrote:Hey guys.

Looking for advice based on those who have been following this cycle at Mich.

I have a 169/3.64 on file right now, but I also retook the Dec LSAT. There is a chance I did better on the Dec test but also a chance that I did worse as I am awful at judging post LSAT performance, and so for many schools (USC/UCLA/Cornell etc.) I've submitted my apps and asked them to flag it for review now rather than waiting for the Dec score (most have obliged), thereby mitigating the risk of a lower score and getting my app in earlier.

With my numbers, am I an auto-ding for Mich? And if you were me, would you submit now and tell them to mark it complete or wait and hope for a better score?

Graciasssss amigos


You're by no means an auto-ding. People with similar and some with lower numbers (I think) have gotten in. It is later in the cycle though so I don't know how that will affect your numbers. I applied with very similar numbers in mid-November and am getting nervous because they've sent out so many acceptances already. So this wasn't all that helpful, but I hope it gives some insight, anyway.

User avatar
MCFC
Posts: 8516
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby MCFC » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:31 pm

polareagle wrote:Just checked, and I'm in! 174 / 3.83.
Sent 10/27, complete 11/08.

Sad thing is I checked this morning when I got to work at 6:20am, and it hadn't changed yet.
Law school cannot come soon enough! Congrats to everyone else admitted!


Congrats!

Do you happen to remember what the "Last Updated" message was this morning?

User avatar
polareagle
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby polareagle » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

MCFC wrote:
Congrats!

Do you happen to remember what the "Last Updated" message was this morning?


I'm sorry I honestly don't. I assumed it was dated today, but I didn't check very closely.
Last edited by polareagle on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby UMich11 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:43 pm

think the rest of the ED decisions will fall tonight?

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby DaRascal » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Desperately need this. Cycle's been bad so far. Have decisions been coming out every Tuesday night for sure?

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Paraflam » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Dean Z tweeted last night that all ED decisions will be finalized by Friday; everyone who is no-offered will be rolled into regular decision. I'm guessing I'm part of the latter since I haven't heard back yet.

Anonimo
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Anonimo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:28 am

If someone receives new financial offers, please let everyone know. ty




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackAndOrange84, guybourdin, Justtrying2help and 12 guests