Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
PBateman1
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby PBateman1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:57 pm

pedestrian wrote:
curious66 wrote:
PBateman1 wrote:
texas1990 wrote:holy crap. just checked my status checker since i hadn't in a while and i'm in. should probs check more often since it seems people got in thursday lol. stats: 166/3.83 non-urm. congrats to all the other admits! can't wait for asw.


Congratulations on getting in. But to everyone else who was just waitlisted, I think you can see that they probably have a reduced expectation of the students they can pull.


Well, all the schools YP.. which is probably what is happening for those that got WL'd with high numbers at Michigan as well. Your comment about reduced expectations is NOT warranted. For example, both Berkeley and UPenn took folks that were well below their LSAT medians -- and WL's many others that were above 75th percentiles.


I think that it is pretty clear in context that PB was saying that SCHOOLS have reduced expectations, not that applicants should have reduced expectations. Hence, more YP for high numbers and less waitlisting for marginal numbers.

You agree with each other. :roll:


This. I think there are people getting YP'ed who would have been admits in past years. The schools are realizing that there just aren't enough 170+ applicants to go around and it looks like they have resigned themselves to falling medians.

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby megagnarley » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:36 pm

PBateman1 wrote:
pedestrian wrote:
curious66 wrote:
PBateman1 wrote:
Congratulations on getting in. But to everyone else who was just waitlisted, I think you can see that they probably have a reduced expectation of the students they can pull.


Well, all the schools YP.. which is probably what is happening for those that got WL'd with high numbers at Michigan as well. Your comment about reduced expectations is NOT warranted. For example, both Berkeley and UPenn took folks that were well below their LSAT medians -- and WL's many others that were above 75th percentiles.


I think that it is pretty clear in context that PB was saying that SCHOOLS have reduced expectations, not that applicants should have reduced expectations. Hence, more YP for high numbers and less waitlisting for marginal numbers.

You agree with each other. :roll:


This. I think there are people getting YP'ed who would have been admits in past years. The schools are realizing that there just aren't enough 170+ applicants to go around and it looks like they have resigned themselves to falling medians.


Or Mich just saw their c/o 2012 NLJ numbers.

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby curious66 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 pm

PBateman1 wrote:
Or Mich just saw their c/o 2012 NLJ numbers.


By that measure, Yale should be VERY worried :). Seriously though, I do think there is alot of YP going on at all schools, they are trying to figure out the best way to keep the medians while still making sure they can still fill a diverse/dynamic class.

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby bananapudding88 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Fiance got in yesterday. He went complete 2/8 so hella quick turn around!

jimmy_dean
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby jimmy_dean » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:38 pm

aiaea wrote:Fiance got in yesterday. He went complete 2/8 so hella quick turn around!

Numbers?

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby bananapudding88 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:34 am

jimmy_dean wrote:
aiaea wrote:Fiance got in yesterday. He went complete 2/8 so hella quick turn around!

Numbers?


3.83/168; non-URM

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby nsideirish » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:37 am

Damn..the financial aid application on the ASW still isn't available. And after we fill that out, there is a possibility of having to fill out the Need Access form. What a pain.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 am

nsideirish wrote:Damn..the financial aid application on the ASW still isn't available. And after we fill that out, there is a possibility of having to fill out the Need Access form. What a pain.


Some of us aren't in yet, so....

Image





(I'm not really that bitter lol. I just found this GIF and wanted to use it)

User avatar
ALgooner
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby ALgooner » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm in!!! My first t-14 acceptance! Submitted 1/16, Complete 2/6.

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby VeeD101 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:15 pm

ALgooner wrote:I'm in!!! My first t-14 acceptance! Submitted 1/16, Complete 2/6.



Congratulations :) :)

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Audeamus » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:20 pm

ALgooner wrote:I'm in!!! My first t-14 acceptance! Submitted 1/16, Complete 2/6.


Exciting! Congrats!

User avatar
Lighthouseman
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Lighthouseman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:29 pm

In via status checker! Submitted 1/7

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:15 pm

What in the what what? Dinged :(

The first ding is the deepest.

BigZuck
Posts: 10880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:28 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:What in the what what? Dinged :(

The first ding is the deepest.


What the what? Sorry to hear that! But at least you have other good options, including a scholarship at your top choice!

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:34 pm

BigZuck wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:What in the what what? Dinged :(

The first ding is the deepest.


What the what? Sorry to hear that! But at least you have other good options, including a scholarship at your top choice!

Yeah, I'm not too torn up but I do love Ann Arbor and thought I wrote a good Why Mich!!! Also the only application I paid for. :-|

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby mac35352 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Ding! 2/25/13

shoobie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby shoobie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:43 pm

In today via status checker! 3.19/169 non URM Michigan alum (twice- I'm willing to bet this is why I'm in with my numbers).

Submitted 1/22 complete 2/8 ish.

Thrilled about my first T14 acceptance :) good luck to everyone still waiting!
Last edited by shoobie on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby LRGhost » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:44 pm

Dinged. Numbers in LSN linked in profile. Eh. Sort of surprised I wasn't at least WL'ed :/

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:45 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:What in the what what? Dinged :(

The first ding is the deepest.


What the what? Sorry to hear that! But at least you have other good options, including a scholarship at your top choice!

Yeah, I'm not too torn up but I do love Ann Arbor and thought I wrote a good Why Mich!!! Also the only application I paid for. :-|



NOOOOOOOO :(
Luckily you still have great options!

gobears1
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby gobears1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:51 pm

has anyone that has accepted a place on the waitlist seen this reflected in the status checker?

User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby pedestrian » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 pm

So sorry about the dings. Lots of good numbers and great people, so it's a bit shocking. I will be joining you all as soon as I'm done stinking up the waitlist.

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby UMich11 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 pm

gobears1 wrote:has anyone that has accepted a place on the waitlist seen this reflected in the status checker?


i have

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 pm

UMich11 wrote:
gobears1 wrote:has anyone that has accepted a place on the waitlist seen this reflected in the status checker?


i have


Mine still says "Waitlist Offer Extended". I filled out the form or whatever and it hasn't changed to "Waitlisted" yet.

Did anybody check the "willing to start either summer or fall" after originally not wanting summer? I did. I'll even go to dat Ann Arbor art festival, Michigan. For you, anything :wink:

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby UMich11 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:34 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
UMich11 wrote:
gobears1 wrote:has anyone that has accepted a place on the waitlist seen this reflected in the status checker?


i have


Mine still says "Waitlist Offer Extended". I filled out the form or whatever and it hasn't changed to "Waitlisted" yet.

Did anybody check the "willing to start either summer or fall" after originally not wanting summer? I did. I'll even go to dat Ann Arbor art festival, Michigan. For you, anything :wink:



Oh yeah, sorry i think waitlist offer extended means you have accepted the wait list position.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby 04102014 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:17 pm

I wonder why they wait so long to put the financial aid thing up. Lame.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, BrainsyK, dianersg, genjustice, hoy456, JD_Kingfish, lawschoolbound2017, Maaza, ngmlsat, NotAGolfer, oliviaj_j, spursforever, ws120, xn3345 and 54 guests