Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WhatOurBodiesAreFor
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby WhatOurBodiesAreFor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 pm

(crickets)

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7169
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 pm

boomlawyered wrote:Question re: complete v. UR. Does Michigan ever change the status to UR, or will I just keep getting complete status updates? I think so far it's 1/24, 1/29, and 1/30...


You will be complete until decision, unless this cycle changed (doubtful).

User avatar
TexasAggie13
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby TexasAggie13 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Question for those already admitted: I got my official decision letter today via snail mail, but there was no scholarship info included. Should I expect something at a later date or am I SOL? Thanks!

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby nsideirish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:18 pm

TexasAggie13 wrote:Question for those already admitted: I got my official decision letter today via snail mail, but there was no scholarship info included. Should I expect something at a later date or am I SOL? Thanks!


I am in the same boat. From what I gathered, scholarship info becomes available on the admitted students' website under "Mail and Money" approximately 10 days after the decision is rendered.

Hopefully someone can confirm.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:20 pm

nsideirish wrote:
TexasAggie13 wrote:Question for those already admitted: I got my official decision letter today via snail mail, but there was no scholarship info included. Should I expect something at a later date or am I SOL? Thanks!


I am in the same boat. From what I gathered, scholarship info becomes available on the admitted students' website under "Mail and Money" approximately 10 days after the decision is rendered.

Hopefully someone can confirm.


Yeah, I got my Dean's scholarship via Mail and Money about a week after the decision showed up on status checker. It appears they do scholarships in batches though, and I don't think anyone's posted new scholly info since I heard on 1/17.

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby djwjddl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:21 pm

nsideirish wrote:
TexasAggie13 wrote:Question for those already admitted: I got my official decision letter today via snail mail, but there was no scholarship info included. Should I expect something at a later date or am I SOL? Thanks!


I am in the same boat. From what I gathered, scholarship info becomes available on the admitted students' website under "Mail and Money" approximately 10 days after the decision is rendered.

Hopefully someone can confirm.


Timeline varies. Use the search function to check this thread. Tons of info on this. But to sum it up, there is no real consensus on timeline. Just wait and you'll either get in in the mail or see it via ASW first.

User avatar
TexasAggie13
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby TexasAggie13 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:22 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
nsideirish wrote:
TexasAggie13 wrote:Question for those already admitted: I got my official decision letter today via snail mail, but there was no scholarship info included. Should I expect something at a later date or am I SOL? Thanks!


I am in the same boat. From what I gathered, scholarship info becomes available on the admitted students' website under "Mail and Money" approximately 10 days after the decision is rendered.

Hopefully someone can confirm.


Yeah, I got my Dean's scholarship via Mail and Money about a week after the decision showed up on status checker. It appears they do scholarships in batches though, and I don't think anyone's posted new scholly info since I heard on 1/17.


Gotcha, thanks for the info. I will keep up hope then!

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Gisney » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:09 am

Email today from Zearfoss asking a question about my application.


Someone is looking!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby dproduct » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:11 am

Gisney wrote:Email today from Zearfoss asking a question about my application.


Someone is looking!


:shock: :shock: hopefully it's good news!

cslouisck
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:59 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby cslouisck » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:16 am

TexasAggie13 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
nsideirish wrote:
TexasAggie13 wrote:Question for those already admitted: I got my official decision letter today via snail mail, but there was no scholarship info included. Should I expect something at a later date or am I SOL? Thanks!


I am in the same boat. From what I gathered, scholarship info becomes available on the admitted students' website under "Mail and Money" approximately 10 days after the decision is rendered.

Hopefully someone can confirm.


Yeah, I got my Dean's scholarship via Mail and Money about a week after the decision showed up on status checker. It appears they do scholarships in batches though, and I don't think anyone's posted new scholly info since I heard on 1/17.


Gotcha, thanks for the info. I will keep up hope then!


FWIW, mine appeared on ASW about a week after getting admitted, so... 1/21, I think.

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5708
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Easy-E » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 am

I've written an essay I guess could be considered as both a LOCI/Why Michigan addendum. Just some dumb formatting questions because I'm nervous as shit, header with my name, LSAC #, and title, size 12 Times New Roman, single spaced. Sound right?

cslouisck
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:59 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby cslouisck » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:57 am

emarxnj wrote:I've written an essay I guess could be considered as both a LOCI/Why Michigan addendum. Just some dumb formatting questions because I'm nervous as shit, header with my name, LSAC #, and title, size 12 Times New Roman, single spaced. Sound right?


I believe it's double-spaced--and I didn't title mine, but I wrote it as an optional essay, not a LOCI. And because I'm a sans-serif kinda guy, I went with Calibri. Pretty sure you'll be okay with whatever isn't Papyrus, Comic Sans or Wingdings.

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby JXander » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:00 pm

How long did it take for y'all to receive your status-checker email after your application was received?

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby nsideirish » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 pm

JXander wrote:How long did it take for y'all to receive your status-checker email after your application was received?


5 days

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5708
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Easy-E » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 pm

cslouisck wrote:
emarxnj wrote:I've written an essay I guess could be considered as both a LOCI/Why Michigan addendum. Just some dumb formatting questions because I'm nervous as shit, header with my name, LSAC #, and title, size 12 Times New Roman, single spaced. Sound right?


I believe it's double-spaced--and I didn't title mine, but I wrote it as an optional essay, not a LOCI. And because I'm a sans-serif kinda guy, I went with Calibri. Pretty sure you'll be okay with whatever isn't Papyrus, Comic Sans or Wingdings.


Yeah I'm going with Calibri too. And double spaced is what I went with, my bad. I'm calling it a Why Micigan essay, because that's basically what is, it just serves the LOCI function since it's late in the process. Do I just send it as an attachment to admissions?

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby KanyeShrug » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:26 pm

Still complete. This is worse than Chinese water torture.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby az21833 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:33 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:Still complete. This is worse than Chinese water torture.


Since when

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby LRGhost » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:39 pm

emarxnj wrote:
cslouisck wrote:
emarxnj wrote:I've written an essay I guess could be considered as both a LOCI/Why Michigan addendum. Just some dumb formatting questions because I'm nervous as shit, header with my name, LSAC #, and title, size 12 Times New Roman, single spaced. Sound right?


I believe it's double-spaced--and I didn't title mine, but I wrote it as an optional essay, not a LOCI. And because I'm a sans-serif kinda guy, I went with Calibri. Pretty sure you'll be okay with whatever isn't Papyrus, Comic Sans or Wingdings.


Yeah I'm going with Calibri too. And double spaced is what I went with, my bad. I'm calling it a Why Micigan essay, because that's basically what is, it just serves the LOCI function since it's late in the process. Do I just send it as an attachment to admissions?


Call them and ask for the appropriate email to send it to.

JUburton
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby JUburton » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 pm

And if you do, please post it...I may be sending one in myself. I was going to ask them today or tomorrow.

BigZuck
Posts: 10874
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 pm

I wonder what the what I did to make my above medians numbers so distasteful to Michigan. Their admissions strategy this cycle seems to be to accept virtually everyone with a GPA, an LSAT score, and a pulse. Unless they deem you one of the Forgotten.

Anyway, I'm done checking the status checker. I like you a lot Michigan but its almost February and I need to start focusing on the schools that have actually accepted me. And if you are just going to ding or WL us then please show some mercy and do it soon.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby KanyeShrug » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:54 pm

az21833 wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:Still complete. This is worse than Chinese water torture.


Since when


Early November

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5708
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Easy-E » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:09 pm

LRGhost wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
cslouisck wrote:
emarxnj wrote:I've written an essay I guess could be considered as both a LOCI/Why Michigan addendum. Just some dumb formatting questions because I'm nervous as shit, header with my name, LSAC #, and title, size 12 Times New Roman, single spaced. Sound right?


I believe it's double-spaced--and I didn't title mine, but I wrote it as an optional essay, not a LOCI. And because I'm a sans-serif kinda guy, I went with Calibri. Pretty sure you'll be okay with whatever isn't Papyrus, Comic Sans or Wingdings.


Yeah I'm going with Calibri too. And double spaced is what I went with, my bad. I'm calling it a Why Micigan essay, because that's basically what is, it just serves the LOCI function since it's late in the process. Do I just send it as an attachment to admissions?


Call them and ask for the appropriate email to send it to.


I actually already e-mailed admissions asking what was the best way to have it included. Would it be annoying to also call?

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5708
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Easy-E » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:10 pm

BigZuck wrote:I wonder what the what I did to make my above medians numbers so distasteful to Michigan. Their admissions strategy this cycle seems to be to accept virtually everyone with a GPA, an LSAT score, and a pulse. Unless they deem you one of the Forgotten.

Anyway, I'm done checking the status checker. I like you a lot Michigan but its almost February and I need to start focusing on the schools that have actually accepted me. And if you are just going to ding or WL us then please show some mercy and do it soon.


You're above both medians? Probably YP?

Edit: A 3.4 isn't above median, is it?
Last edited by Easy-E on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BigZuck
Posts: 10874
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:11 pm

emarxnj wrote:
BigZuck wrote:I wonder what the what I did to make my above medians numbers so distasteful to Michigan. Their admissions strategy this cycle seems to be to accept virtually everyone with a GPA, an LSAT score, and a pulse. Unless they deem you one of the Forgotten.

Anyway, I'm done checking the status checker. I like you a lot Michigan but its almost February and I need to start focusing on the schools that have actually accepted me. And if you are just going to ding or WL us then please show some mercy and do it soon.


You're above both medians? Probably YP?


Above but barely. No where in that range. There are a decent amount of us forgotten who fall well within their number range. Oh well.

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5708
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Easy-E » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:13 pm

BigZuck wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
BigZuck wrote:I wonder what the what I did to make my above medians numbers so distasteful to Michigan. Their admissions strategy this cycle seems to be to accept virtually everyone with a GPA, an LSAT score, and a pulse. Unless they deem you one of the Forgotten.

Anyway, I'm done checking the status checker. I like you a lot Michigan but its almost February and I need to start focusing on the schools that have actually accepted me. And if you are just going to ding or WL us then please show some mercy and do it soon.


You're above both medians? Probably YP?


Above but barely. No where in that range. There are a decent amount of us forgotten who fall well within their number range. Oh well.


Sorry I did some ninja editing to my post, didn't realize you responded. Have you tried the LOCI route?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, bleakchimera2, BodieBroadus, cnjcrow, Ferrisjso, Google [Bot], jprath2, Long shot hero, potterotter, StopLawying, tlee13 and 40 guests