Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby jcan91 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:
jym_dawg wrote:Have any of y'all who got the still deciding email had any movement since?


Got the email and have had no movement since November


I got it too. Still nothing. Maybe it was code for "brb, talk to you in April".

BigZuck
Posts: 10852
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby BigZuck » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 pm

jym_dawg wrote:Have any of y'all who got the still deciding email had any movement since?


They are still deciding on when the best day to waitlist us all is.

hcaddis
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby hcaddis » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:08 pm

checking in, good luck everyone

User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby jcan91 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Wormfather wrote:
jcan91 wrote:Another day....another complete.....

Like sand through the hourglass, so are the infinite days of our waiting lives....


I appreciated this.


Colour me honoured :).

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby dproduct » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Could tomorrow be a bloodbath and golden shower? Don't ruin my Saturday Michigan. Please.

User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby pedestrian » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:32 pm

dproduct wrote:Could tomorrow be a bloodbath and golden shower? Don't ruin my Saturday Michigan. Please.


I read all of your posts in Jerri Blank's voice. You do your 'tar proud.

WhatOurBodiesAreFor
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby WhatOurBodiesAreFor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:42 pm

dproduct wrote:Could tomorrow be a bloodbath and golden shower? Don't ruin my Saturday Michigan. Please.


By looking at last year's LSN, there does seem to be a wave of rejections due. Is this the only reason why you think it could be tmrw?

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby dproduct » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:48 pm

pedestrian wrote:
dproduct wrote:Could tomorrow be a bloodbath and golden shower? Don't ruin my Saturday Michigan. Please.


I read all of your posts in Jerri Blank's voice. You do your 'tar proud.


TYTY

WhatOurBodiesAreFor wrote:
dproduct wrote:Could tomorrow be a bloodbath and golden shower? Don't ruin my Saturday Michigan. Please.


By looking at last year's LSN, there does seem to be a wave of rejections due. Is this the only reason why you think it could be tmrw?


Yes. It seems they are about due soon... My LSN profile is not ready for the red or yellow yet.

User avatar
MCFC
Posts: 8488
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby MCFC » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:50 am

dproduct wrote:Could tomorrow be a bloodbath and golden shower? Don't ruin my Saturday Michigan. Please.


Still complete, updated to 1/26 this morning for me.

zbenson
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:08 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby zbenson » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:06 am

MCFC wrote:
dproduct wrote:Could tomorrow be a bloodbath and golden shower? Don't ruin my Saturday Michigan. Please.


Still complete, updated to 1/26 this morning for me.


+1

WhatOurBodiesAreFor
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby WhatOurBodiesAreFor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:14 am

Nothing for me either.

I really want the round of doom to come soon so I can know I at least made the first cut

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby Audeamus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Wormfather wrote:
dproduct wrote:Could tomorrow be a bloodbath and golden shower? Don't ruin my Saturday Michigan. Please.


:shock:
Image


+1 for posting a perfect illustration of my thoughts when I read this.

patspats
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby patspats » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:12 pm

anyone accepted people here start looking for housing yet?

i hear ann arbor is weird in that most housing leases are signed the year before...

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby dproduct » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:52 pm

SURVIVED.

User avatar
FortunaGubernans
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby FortunaGubernans » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Well I'm out. Got the letter today. Best of luck to the rest of you!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby dproduct » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 pm

FortunaGubernans wrote:Well I'm out. Got the letter today. Best of luck to the rest of you!


:shock: I'm so sorry! Did your status checker say the same, or was it a complete surprise? Best of luck with the rest of your cycle!

User avatar
calverna
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:15 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby calverna » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:14 pm

patspats wrote:anyone accepted people here start looking for housing yet?

i hear ann arbor is weird in that most housing leases are signed the year before...


I'm a deferred summer starter, went up last month and locked something down (I recommend Nob Hill Apartments!). Options were already getting limited, so I recommend looking sooner rather than later.

User avatar
FortunaGubernans
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby FortunaGubernans » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:23 pm

dproduct wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Well I'm out. Got the letter today. Best of luck to the rest of you!


:shock: I'm so sorry! Did your status checker say the same, or was it a complete surprise? Best of luck with the rest of your cycle!


Nope! Status checker didn't change. Thanks for the good wishes, though. I appreciate that.

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby UMich11 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:27 pm

calverna wrote:
patspats wrote:anyone accepted people here start looking for housing yet?

i hear ann arbor is weird in that most housing leases are signed the year before...


I'm a deferred summer starter, went up last month and locked something down (I recommend Nob Hill Apartments!). Options were already getting limited, so I recommend looking sooner rather than later.



I was an UG at UMich. Finding housing if you have people to live with isn't hard. you can fairly easily find it. IDK about single bedroom apartments though. Might check out craigslist and see if there is anything, or take a risk subletting.

I'm still waiting for a decision but what's the deal with the Law Quad? Will it not be open by this fall?

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby KanyeShrug » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:47 pm

BigZuck wrote:
jym_dawg wrote:Have any of y'all who got the still deciding email had any movement since?


They are still deciding on when the best day to waitlist us all is.


Image

User avatar
calverna
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:15 am

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby calverna » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:50 pm

UMich11 wrote:
calverna wrote:
patspats wrote:anyone accepted people here start looking for housing yet?

i hear ann arbor is weird in that most housing leases are signed the year before...


I'm a deferred summer starter, went up last month and locked something down (I recommend Nob Hill Apartments!). Options were already getting limited, so I recommend looking sooner rather than later.



I was an UG at UMich. Finding housing if you have people to live with isn't hard. you can fairly easily find it. IDK about single bedroom apartments though. Might check out craigslist and see if there is anything, or take a risk subletting.

I'm still waiting for a decision but what's the deal with the Law Quad? Will it not be open by this fall?


I was looking for something pretty specific (1 bedroom, within walking distance, allows cats, etc.) and it wasn't easy--especially for a May lease--but I'm sure it's easier if you're looking for roommates or for fall term.

And I assume you mean the Lawyer's Club--it's scheduled to open fall term. More details here http://www.law.umich.edu/prospectivestu ... using.aspx (and on the ASW).

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:59 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
jym_dawg wrote:Have any of y'all who got the still deciding email had any movement since?


They are still deciding on when the best day to waitlist us all is.


Image



You're giving me a run for my money for best GIFS man

patspats
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby patspats » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 pm

thanks for the tips everyone! i'm still debating about what to do. the lawyer's club does sound really nice! I think i might do that if its not to expensive.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:11 pm

No one ever wins best gifs. They're pretty universally obnoxious.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Postby shntn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:13 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:No one ever wins best gifs. They're pretty universally obnoxious.

Image




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, amberb94, fscow1022, JosefK, Motionsinlemons and 20 guests