Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lavitz

Gold

Re: Michigan (AKA Hogwarts) c/o 2016 Applicants Thread 2012-2013

Post by Lavitz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:30 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:
az21833 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:still no $ at all on ASW :cry: :evil: even 5k would help, mich! LET ME LOVE YOU
what about darrow twinkle?

I don't think my numbers are high enough

ETA- someone PM me and correct me if I'm wrong. If lavitz didn't get a Darrow invite I don't see why I would.
It's definitely not just numbers-based; you also have to have the right softs. For example, ColeWorld didn't get a Darrow invite either and he has a 180/4.0

So I do think it's possible with your numbers if they really liked your app.

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:44 am

Lavitz wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
az21833 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:still no $ at all on ASW :cry: :evil: even 5k would help, mich! LET ME LOVE YOU
what about darrow twinkle?

I don't think my numbers are high enough

ETA- someone PM me and correct me if I'm wrong. If lavitz didn't get a Darrow invite I don't see why I would.
It's definitely not just numbers-based; you also have to have the right softs. For example, ColeWorld didn't get a Darrow invite either and he has a 180/4.0

So I do think it's possible with your numbers if they really liked your app.
It COULD be numbers-based, and there could just be a low-point cutoff AND a high-point cutoff- as in, Mich saw your and ColeWorld's numbers and went "lol they won't attend because they'll both be busy at YHS." Just my .02

Also ColeWorld is probably a robot so he has that going against him

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:45 am

UnamSanctam wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
shntn wrote: w00t! Not entirely sure what that entails, but it sounds good!
Dat full scholly.
Long time no see brother. :)
(Remember when you were stoked to finally surpass my post count? LOLOLOL)
You missed my last post where I asked you how your cycle is going.
Oops inadvertent cold shoulder. :oops: <3 I guess I don't check TLS as often as I used to. It's going well! I've got a couple options so far and U of M offered me 30k per year, so that is obviously tempting. But...it's very cold in the mitten. :lol: But I'm over the moon to have gotten so much. Wasn't expecting that!

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 am

Omg that's awesome, eich. On top of instate, too!

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:00 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:It COULD be numbers-based, and there could just be a low-point cutoff AND a high-point cutoff- as in, Mich saw your and ColeWorld's numbers and went "lol they won't attend because they'll both be busy at YHS." Just my .02

Not possible since elterrible got a Darrow with 178/3.95.

Wishing I were a robot right now 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

elterrible78

Silver

Post by elterrible78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:13 am

Lavitz wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:It COULD be numbers-based, and there could just be a low-point cutoff AND a high-point cutoff- as in, Mich saw your and ColeWorld's numbers and went "lol they won't attend because they'll both be busy at YHS." Just my .02

They knew Harvard didn't like my face, Lavitz.

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:26 am

elterrible78 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:

They knew Harvard didn't like my face, Lavitz.

Harvard probably won't even know my face with all this JS0 nonsense.

After some LSN creeping, I think I found someone with my identical #s who received a Darrow. :shock:

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:36 am

elterrible78 wrote: They knew Harvard didn't like my face, Lavitz.
Of course they knew. Who do you think told them, "Harvard didn't like the 178/3.95 guy's face; you can totally snatch him up by offering enough money"? :wink:

By the way, I think it's time you reciprocated that favor 8)
twinkletoes16 wrote: After some LSN creeping, I think I found someone with my identical #s who received a Darrow. :shock:
In before twinkletoes Darrow invite.

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:39 am

Lavitz wrote:
Of course they knew. Who do you think told them, "Harvard didn't like the 178/3.95 guy's face; you can totally snatch him up by offering enough money"? :wink:

twinkletoes16 wrote: After some LSN creeping, I think I found someone with my identical #s who received a Darrow. :shock:
In before twinkletoes Darrow invite.

I very much doubt it, but I thank you for the vote of confidence. That person is probably a secret URM or that Mckayla Maroney or Miss America or something. Or all 3.

ETA also let's not talk about how we are all on TLS on a Saturday night. FML.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

elterrible78

Silver

Post by elterrible78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:45 am

Lavitz wrote:

Call is already into Chicago, Lavitz. Or should I call you Mr. Rubenstein?

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:03 pm

soj wrote:Omg that's awesome, eich. On top of instate, too!
Thanks! I was pretty excited. If I go to U of M, I will need to find ways to sneak to your school to absorb your weather

and have a Project Runway marathon with you.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:Oops inadvertent cold shoulder. :oops: <3 I guess I don't check TLS as often as I used to. It's going well! I've got a couple options so far and U of M offered me 30k per year, so that is obviously tempting. But...it's very cold in the mitten. :lol: But I'm over the moon to have gotten so much. Wasn't expecting that!
No worries brosephina. It's been a couple mild winters here. I'm just saying. I'd kill for a 90k scholarship here. Any better options?

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:15 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:Oops inadvertent cold shoulder. :oops: <3 I guess I don't check TLS as often as I used to. It's going well! I've got a couple options so far and U of M offered me 30k per year, so that is obviously tempting. But...it's very cold in the mitten. :lol: But I'm over the moon to have gotten so much. Wasn't expecting that!
No worries brosephina. It's been a couple mild winters here. I'm just saying. I'd kill for a 90k scholarship here. Any better options?
This is actually true. I'm thinking I should invest in some lakefront property ASAP for when MI is the next Thailand. Thanks climate change. And if my cycle abruptly ended today, I would almost certainly be at U of M. I have Duke, Gtown, Cornell, and UPenn but haven't heard anything money-wise so I guess we'll see as the cycle continues.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:46 pm

How long did it take for most people to get complete? I sent my app 12/21 and I am still incomplete. They did send me an email 1/2 to give me their status checker info. Most schools on my list are already complete for a week or more. Cornell and Mich and the only one left I believe.

Also, anyone here has any advice with visiting prior to a decision. I that hat you can schedule a visit this will include a meeting with someone from the admission office. I am wondering though if it can have any impact on the decision (For perspective I'll be coming in from Seattle just for them as there's no other school in the area I can visit) by showing real interest etc?

Michigan is a huge reach for me but I am a non-trad URM with good softs and an interesting story. I don't mind spending some money and get to AA if it will help me to actually GET to AA.

Thanks for any advice or thought and good luck everyone!!

Edit: if some people here visit my LSN page just know that I cannot retake until dec of next year and that I also can't wait another cycle :D

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:and have a Project Runway marathon with you.
This is the most important. Let me know how your cycle goes. :mrgreen:

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:20 pm

soj wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:and have a Project Runway marathon with you.
This is the most important. Let me know how your cycle goes. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: I'll definitely let you know how it goes!

ashockofpink

Bronze

Post by ashockofpink » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:16 pm

JayJones78 wrote:How long did it take for most people to get complete? I sent my app 12/21 and I am still incomplete. They did send me an email 1/2 to give me their status checker info. Most schools on my list are already complete for a week or more. Cornell and Mich and the only one left I believe.

Also, anyone here has any advice with visiting prior to a decision. I that hat you can schedule a visit this will include a meeting with someone from the admission office. I am wondering though if it can have any impact on the decision (For perspective I'll be coming in from Seattle just for them as there's no other school in the area I can visit) by showing real interest etc?

Michigan is a huge reach for me but I am a non-trad URM with good softs and an interesting story. I don't mind spending some money and get to AA if it will help me to actually GET to AA.

Edit: if some people here visit my LSN page just know that I cannot retake until dec of next year and that I also can't wait another cycle :D
I submitted ~12/2, went complete ~12/21, about a week or two after I got status check info. If you're still "incomplete" in another week or two, give them a ring. They're super nice.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:24 pm

ashockofpink wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:How long did it take for most people to get complete? I sent my app 12/21 and I am still incomplete. They did send me an email 1/2 to give me their status checker info. Most schools on my list are already complete for a week or more. Cornell and Mich and the only one left I believe.

I submitted ~12/2, went complete ~12/21, about a week or two after I got status check info. If you're still "incomplete" in another week or two, give them a ring. They're super nice.
Thanks. What is your opinion about heading there to visit before a decision? Can it make any impact in your opinion?

b123

Bronze

Post by b123 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Don't worry about it. They took the longest by far for my app. I think it was about 3.5-4 weeks to go from incomplete to complete.

woolfiot

New

Post by woolfiot » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Accepted yesterday. Got my online status checker email on 12/4 if that helps anyone.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:39 am

Eichörnchen wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
This is actually true. I'm thinking I should invest in some lakefront property ASAP for when MI is the next Thailand. Thanks climate change. And if my cycle abruptly ended today, I would almost certainly be at U of M. I have Duke, Gtown, Cornell, and UPenn but haven't heard anything money-wise so I guess we'll see as the cycle continues.
I like to hear this. I know you wanted to get out of Michigan but it'd be fun if you were here next year, too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bobr

New

Post by bobr » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:02 am

I got the "we haven't decided on your application" letter this past Thursday. As I am out of school, I have no change in my GPA or LSAT score to update Michigan on. Is it worth it to send Michigan an email stating something along the lines of I'm still very interested, or it would serve no purpose? Moreover, I can also send them another (5th) lor, but not sure if that would have any effect or not.

Thank you in advance to all.

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:18 am

UnamSanctam wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote: This is actually true. I'm thinking I should invest in some lakefront property ASAP for when MI is the next Thailand. Thanks climate change. And if my cycle abruptly ended today, I would almost certainly be at U of M. I have Duke, Gtown, Cornell, and UPenn but haven't heard anything money-wise so I guess we'll see as the cycle continues.
I like to hear this. I know you wanted to get out of Michigan but it'd be fun if you were here next year, too.
You guys would be a major pro to going there. You would get to enjoy hearing me bitch about the cold and we could hang out together. :D

goden

Gold

Post by goden » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:11 am

Rejected via status checker this morning. Below both medians.

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:21 am

goden wrote:Rejected via status checker this morning. Below both medians.

Sorry man ): hoping USC/UCLA shows you lots of love.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”