UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby trojandave » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Just wrote:
Gisney wrote:
Just wrote:
Gisney wrote:Just got an email from Jason Dugas (director of admissions) wanting to update me on my application and get to know me!

Excited for some movement!


This means you are in, right?


Um I don't know. I think sometimes it is just a tiny phone interview. Or I could be getting my threads mixed up.


Sorry that I didn't quite follow up the thread, but how did it go for people who received such an email-- "getting to know you better"? I just received one too.


It should mean you're in. A lot of us got the same one.

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Gisney » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:12 pm

trojandave wrote:
Just wrote:
Gisney wrote:
Um I don't know. I think sometimes it is just a tiny phone interview. Or I could be getting my threads mixed up.


Sorry that I didn't quite follow up the thread, but how did it go for people who received such an email-- "getting to know you better"? I just received one too.


It should mean you're in. A lot of us got the same one.


Oh well crud monkey.

I told him I wouldn't be available past 4:30 because I have work at 5. Thought it would be a phone interview and I wanted at least 30 min.

Guess now I will be waiting till tomorrow to see what it is....

:evil: Stupid me trying to be responsible concerning a job I don't even like.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 06102016 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:14 pm

..

Just
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Just » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:15 pm

But could it still be possible that it would be a phone interview? Has that happened before?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Just wrote:But could it still be possible that it would be a phone interview? Has that happened before?

I vaguely remember someone mentioning a call without an offer, but don't be too pissed if I'm wrong. My memory occasionally fails me.

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Gisney » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:19 pm

Just wrote:But could it still be possible that it would be a phone interview? Has that happened before?


I think it is possible because I swear it was this thread where some people just had phone interviews. I am pretty sure the got accepted eventually though.

Let me know what happens if he calls you back!

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 06102016 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:19 pm

..

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Jaqen » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:20 pm

pedestrian wrote:
Jaqen wrote:1) page 2 is unacceptable

2) PSA: another newsletter this morning :evil:



Honestly, I only signed up for the damned thing because I was afraid that they might be insulted if I didn't.


Ofc.

Grats, monkeyball!

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Jaqen » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:22 pm

slack_academic wrote:
shntn wrote:
Just wrote:But could it still be possible that it would be a phone interview? Has that happened before?

I vaguely remember someone mentioning a call without an offer, but don't be too pissed if I'm wrong. My memory occasionally fails me.


That would be utterly deflating. Hope it doesn't happen to me.


+1... Eh who am I kidding, I just way to hear something at this point.

Why so trollsy, UVA?

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby danitt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:41 pm

This popped into my inbox today. It's an interesting read. --LinkRemoved--

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:43 pm

danitt wrote:This popped into my inbox today. It's an interesting read. --LinkRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:45 pm

:|

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby danitt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:46 pm

I love how she gives her number and is basically like, call me up if you have questions. Yeah. Ok.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Rahviveh » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:52 pm

danitt wrote:This popped into my inbox today. It's an interesting read. --LinkRemoved--


She knows how to BS her way through an interview. LOL. Why did they mention LST and not ask her why UVA refuses to release its NALP report?

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=uva&show=NALP

And the interviewer was lazy with the follow-up questions. He could have asked her more detailed questions about employment beyond the fact that the FBI director is a UVA Law grad.

Whatever. Can't expect much from these I guess.

User avatar
sl5uw13
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sl5uw13 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:04 pm

It should mean you're in. A lot of us got the same one.



should we be worried if we didn't get this email?

User avatar
Nala7892
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Nala7892 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:48 pm

I got this email today too, and our "chat" is scheduled for 12:30 tomorrow. I hope it actually is a "chat" and not an interview, although I guess I'll make sure to be ready for an interview if that's what's happening!

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby trojandave » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:03 pm

sl5uw13 wrote:
It should mean you're in. A lot of us got the same one.



should we be worried if we didn't get this email?


Having no idea what your numbers are or when you applied, I wouldn't worry until you get an email that says "Thanks but no thanks." There's no clear order to how things are happening with most schools and it doesn't matter if you get in first or last so long as you get in. We're not even into January yet.

husker2012
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby husker2012 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:06 pm

trojandave wrote:
sl5uw13 wrote:
It should mean you're in. A lot of us got the same one.



should we be worried if we didn't get this email?


Having no idea what your numbers are or when you applied, I wouldn't worry until you get an email that says "Thanks but no thanks." There's no clear order to how things are happening with most schools and it doesn't matter if you get in first or last so long as you get in. We're not even into January yet.


Bump. I want to repeat these words on every page of every thread. Sorry but fellow 0L's don't actually know anything.

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Gisney » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Nala7892 wrote:I got this email today too, and our "chat" is scheduled for 12:30 tomorrow. I hope it actually is a "chat" and not an interview, although I guess I'll make sure to be ready for an interview if that's what's happening!


Mine is 11:30 so I will post afterward what kind of "chat" it ends up being :)

Eta: to be fair since we were all scheduled for a time tomorrow so I bet it is a small chat or interview because I doubt they would schedule like that just to let us know we got in.

User avatar
sl5uw13
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sl5uw13 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm

husker2012 wrote:
trojandave wrote:
sl5uw13 wrote:
It should mean you're in. A lot of us got the same one.



should we be worried if we didn't get this email?


Having no idea what your numbers are or when you applied, I wouldn't worry until you get an email that says "Thanks but no thanks." There's no clear order to how things are happening with most schools and it doesn't matter if you get in first or last so long as you get in. We're not even into January yet.


Bump. I want to repeat these words on every page of every thread. Sorry but fellow 0L's don't actually know anything.



thanks! I'm paranoid :( also I visited the school and talked to both jason dugas and dean richards so as far as getting to know me they probably already know what they would from a short interview

Just
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Just » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:42 am

Gisney wrote:
Nala7892 wrote:I got this email today too, and our "chat" is scheduled for 12:30 tomorrow. I hope it actually is a "chat" and not an interview, although I guess I'll make sure to be ready for an interview if that's what's happening!


Mine is 11:30 so I will post afterward what kind of "chat" it ends up being :)

Eta: to be fair since we were all scheduled for a time tomorrow so I bet it is a small chat or interview because I doubt they would schedule like that just to let us know we got in.


Eh, haven't thought about that...It seems that people who got in were called, instead of being asked to call them?

User avatar
joiedevivre18
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby joiedevivre18 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:47 am

Just wrote:
Gisney wrote:
Nala7892 wrote:I got this email today too, and our "chat" is scheduled for 12:30 tomorrow. I hope it actually is a "chat" and not an interview, although I guess I'll make sure to be ready for an interview if that's what's happening!


Mine is 11:30 so I will post afterward what kind of "chat" it ends up being :)

Eta: to be fair since we were all scheduled for a time tomorrow so I bet it is a small chat or interview because I doubt they would schedule like that just to let us know we got in.


Eh, haven't thought about that...It seems that people who got in were called, instead of being asked to call them?


I got an e-mail asking if I could call to "discuss [my] application" last week. I called, he told me he wanted to chat before submitting my application to the committee for final review, talked a bit about UVA, then offered admission with $$. I think your scheduled chat is more of a good thing!!

Just
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Just » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:15 am

.
Last edited by Just on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bananapudding88 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:58 am

Damn, UVA works quickly! I just submitted yesterday and my file is already complete and under consideration! Was this how it worked for everyone, or did they expedite me because i'm in-state?

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bananapudding88 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11 am

Wormfather wrote:
aiaea wrote:Damn, UVA works quickly! I just submitted yesterday and my file is already complete and under consideration! Was this how it worked for everyone, or did they expedite me because i'm in-state?


48 Hours for me and I'm out of state.

Complete and Under Review on 11/20. Decision ???


O HAIIII Worm, didn't recognize you without the Huey tar! Thanks for the response, and I hope you hear soon.. before they run out of the scholly money they're so generously throwing left and right.....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: j431e782, laurlaur2112, lillawyer2, potterotter, proteinshake and 14 guests