UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:09 pm

elblufer wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:
elblufer wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:First DING of the cycle! It was a reach anyway. Good luck to the rest of you!


Sorry to hear that. When did you submit/what are your stats? So that the rest of us can know what to expect (if you're willing to tell).


I submitted early in the cycle and anticipated my first decision would be from UVA. Above 25% on GPA, below 25% on LSAT. Like I said, it was a reach.


Sounds about where I am (except I didn't submit early and I'm AT the 25th). Thanks, I appreciate it. Again, sorry to hear about your ding. I'm sure another great school will take you.


Thanks! :) Me too. 8)

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:34 am

IN With 105K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:36 am

NoodleyOne wrote:IN With 105K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Congrats Noodley! That is awesome!

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby elblufer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 am

NoodleyOne wrote:IN With 105K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Congrats. How'd you find out so early in the morning!?!?

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 am

NoodleyOne wrote:IN With 105K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Congrats, man! That's great news!

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:47 am

elblufer wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:IN With 105K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Congrats. How'd you find out so early in the morning!?!?

She sent me an e-mail asking me to call, which I get on my phone. I called. We talked. I danced.

User avatar
bumblebeetuna
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bumblebeetuna » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:55 am

NoodleyOne wrote:
elblufer wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:IN With 105K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Congrats. How'd you find out so early in the morning!?!?

She sent me an e-mail asking me to call, which I get on my phone. I called. We talked. I danced.


Nice, so with residency that is basically a free ride right?

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:58 am

I think that leaves about 7k a year tuition or something.

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby elblufer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:02 am

NoodleyOne wrote:I think that leaves about 7k a year tuition or something.


Sounds like a fantastic deal to me!

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5690
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Easy-E » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 am

NoodleyOne wrote:I think that leaves about 7k a year tuition or something.


Holy shit, congrats. That's pretty awesome. What were your numbers?

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 am

emarxnj wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:I think that leaves about 7k a year tuition or something.


Holy shit, congrats. That's pretty awesome. What were your numbers?

3.5/179

User avatar
2012Split177
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 2012Split177 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 am

NoodleyOne wrote:I think that leaves about 7k a year tuition or something.


I got the same offer. It feels slightly more real when the package comes in the mail (which could be tomorrow - they overnight it!), but the idea of a top 10 law school with next-to-nothing debt is still taking a while to sink in.

Congratulations - enjoy your victory!

User avatar
defdef
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:11 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby defdef » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:21 am

105k is very nice - congrats guys!

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Br3v » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:22 am

Congrats Noodles

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:24 am

Congrats Noods

yiruri83
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby yiruri83 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi all,

I submitted my Residency Form via e-mail attaching as pdf file two weeks ago and it still says "residency pending" on their application status website. Based on their instruction on the form, ED applications are under review after the residency has been determined. Should I contact them to find out any particular reason for hold up or does it usually take this long to determine VA residency??

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 pm

yiruri83 wrote:Hi all,

I submitted my Residency Form via e-mail attaching as pdf file two weeks ago and it still says "residency pending" on their application status website. Based on their instruction on the form, ED applications are under review after the residency has been determined. Should I contact them to find out any particular reason for hold up or does it usually take this long to determine VA residency??

I would call. It took me less than six hours to hear back about residency.

yiruri83
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby yiruri83 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:59 pm

thanks for your response and by the way, congrats!!

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Rahviveh » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:00 pm

2012Split177 wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:I think that leaves about 7k a year tuition or something.


I got the same offer. It feels slightly more real when the package comes in the mail (which could be tomorrow - they overnight it!), but the idea of a top 10 law school with next-to-nothing debt is still taking a while to sink in.

Congratulations - enjoy your victory!


I got the same offer too a couple weeks ago, also a super-splitter (but not a VA resident). Good to see fellow splitters getting that skrilla

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby helix23 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:09 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:IN With 105K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


congrats! you're lookin like wealth time to get a new avatar

florida1949
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby florida1949 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:24 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:IN With 105K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


congrats!

florida1949
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby florida1949 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:26 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
I got the same offer too a couple weeks ago, also a super-splitter (but not a VA resident). Good to see fellow splitters getting that skrilla


this makes me feel great

176/3.5

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby timeandspace11 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Congrats to all those accepted so far!!

User avatar
2012Split177
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 2012Split177 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:38 pm

florida1949 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
I got the same offer too a couple weeks ago, also a super-splitter (but not a VA resident). Good to see fellow splitters getting that skrilla


this makes me feel great

176/3.5


Yeah dude you should be good.

Try to beat our highscore.

zabava
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby zabava » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Got a call this morning! So happy, I was also offered $105. (3.92/171/non resident)

He was really nice - he talked about my recommenders and stuff I wrote on my app. :-)

Good luck to everyone!!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: potterotter and 2 guests