UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Nickg415 wrote:
Bucketseat wrote:I'm planning to ED to UVA as soon as I get my October score back

Ah, okay.

As long as we're doing this, then, I also heard that UVA is in Charlotte or something.

User avatar
Bucketseat
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Bucketseat » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm well aware that it's a guaranteed 15 days, but was curious about whether that meant business days and how the Thanksgiving holiday would come into play given my timeline.

Thanks for being so helpful and informative, though! You guys are champs.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Bucketseat wrote:I'm well aware that it's a guaranteed 15 days, but was curious about whether that meant business days and how the Thanksgiving holiday would come into play given my timeline.

Thanks for being so helpful and informative, though! You guys are champs.

There were earlier posts about this, but no one knows for sure. I think that they'd give you an official answer of 15 business days, but I suspect that you'll get a decision back before Thanksgiving if you submit by November 1st just due to how quickly UVA is known for turning around applications.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 02889 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:08 pm

I applied 10/4, and received my status checker on 10/5, but the status box has been blank since then. Has anyone else experienced this, and is it worth a call/email to ask them about it?

Here's what it looks like:

Image

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby helix23 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:25 pm

That's what mine looks like. Personally I don't think it's worth a call/e-mail, but that's me.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:42 pm

02889 wrote:I applied 10/4, and received my status checker on 10/5, but the status box has been blank since then. Has anyone else experienced this, and is it worth a call/email to ask them about it?

Here's what it looks like:

Image


Doesn't it say something at the top of the page? UVA does their status checkers a bit differently

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 02889 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:48 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
02889 wrote:I applied 10/4, and received my status checker on 10/5, but the status box has been blank since then. Has anyone else experienced this, and is it worth a call/email to ask them about it?

Here's what it looks like:

...


Doesn't it say something at the top of the page? UVA does their status checkers a bit differently

OH! I somehow completely missed the giant, bolded text that says my application is complete and under consideration. Thank you for directing my attention to the top.

AdviceSeeker123
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:41 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby AdviceSeeker123 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Have any more ED applicants heard back?

VasaVasori
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

.

Postby VasaVasori » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:54 am

.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby helix23 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:08 pm

website down. this means we have all been accepted RIGHT?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shntn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:09 pm

helix23 wrote:website down. this means we have all been accepted RIGHT?

Georgetown's was down the other day. I think it means we need more Vitamin D in our diets.

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Mdenis1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:26 pm

02889 wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
02889 wrote:I applied 10/4, and received my status checker on 10/5, but the status box has been blank since then. Has anyone else experienced this, and is it worth a call/email to ask them about it?

Here's what it looks like:

...


Doesn't it say something at the top of the page? UVA does their status checkers a bit differently

OH! I somehow completely missed the giant, bolded text that says my application is complete and under consideration. Thank you for directing my attention to the top.



Don't worry you're not the only one the same thing happened to me ;)

husker2012
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby husker2012 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:47 am

Submitted RD after receiving solicitated fee waiver.

Out of curiosity, did anyone actually have to enter the code they gave you after you asked for a fee waiver? When I got to the payment page it said my fee was waived(crs). Not a big deal, but I just thought it was strange especially since I haven't received anything form UVA indicating a crs fee waiver.

good luck everyone!

AdviceSeeker123
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:41 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby AdviceSeeker123 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:34 am

husker2012 wrote:Submitted RD after receiving solicitated fee waiver.

Out of curiosity, did anyone actually have to enter the code they gave you after you asked for a fee waiver? When I got to the payment page it said my fee was waived(crs). Not a big deal, but I just thought it was strange especially since I haven't received anything form UVA indicating a crs fee waiver.

good luck everyone!



Nope. If they tell you the fee is waived, you don't need to enter anything. Good Luck!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shntn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 am

OMG OMG OMG THE STATUS CHECKER IS DOWN!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm guessing maybe they entered so many acceptances this morning that it crashed the server. Thoughts???


But on a serious note, what is with all these websites being dowu? First Georgetown, now UVA...is there some kind of East coast bandwidth shortage spreading out from DC?

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Yukos » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:20 am

shntn wrote:OMG OMG OMG THE STATUS CHECKER IS DOWN!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm guessing maybe they entered so many acceptances this morning that it crashed the server. Thoughts???


But on a serious note, what is with all these websites being dowu? First Georgetown, now UVA...is there some kind of East coast bandwidth shortage spreading out from DC?


In all seriousness we're at least a week away from decisions, right? Please say yes so I'm not obsessively checking every fifteen minutes this week...

PS Status checker is up for me... still complete.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:22 am

Yukos wrote:
shntn wrote:OMG OMG OMG THE STATUS CHECKER IS DOWN!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm guessing maybe they entered so many acceptances this morning that it crashed the server. Thoughts???


But on a serious note, what is with all these websites being dowu? First Georgetown, now UVA...is there some kind of East coast bandwidth shortage spreading out from DC?


In all seriousness we're at least a week away from decisions, right? Please say yes so I'm not obsessively checking every fifteen minutes this week...

PS Status checker is up for me... still complete.


Nothing before November for RDs

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shntn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:30 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:Nothing before November for RDs

lawprospie
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lawprospie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Just got a fee waiver for attending a LSAC forum! Pretty sweet...I didn't know top schools gave fee waivers for attending a forum; I thought they only did merit and need-based.

VasaVasori
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

.

Postby VasaVasori » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 am

.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pandamonium13
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:51 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby pandamonium13 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 am

VasaVasori wrote:Did you guys get an invitation to sign up for UVA's newsletter after you applied? I doubt it means anything... just a unique practice.


I got this as well, don't think it means anything unfortunately.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:24 am

VasaVasori wrote:Did you guys get an invitation to sign up for UVA's newsletter after you applied? I doubt it means anything... just a unique practice.

Got it, subscribed, flipped shit when I saw an e-mail from the University of Virginia School of Law, promptly unsubscribed.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:25 am

shntn wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:Did you guys get an invitation to sign up for UVA's newsletter after you applied? I doubt it means anything... just a unique practice.

Got it, subscribed, flipped shit when I saw an e-mail from the University of Virginia School of Law, promptly unsubscribed.


Samesies

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JedBartlett » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 am

.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:42 am

JedBartlett wrote:.

retake, ED UVA




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Houzy and 6 guests