UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
boblawlob
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)u

Postby boblawlob » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 pm

sinfiery wrote:Just withdrew. It was the best financial option I had but it came down to me being a silly kid whose wanted to live in NYC for the last 9 year's of my life.


Goodluck everyone.

Good Luck at NYU! You'll kill it there (academically and socially).



*fingers crossed for Stanford*

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)u

Postby Jaqen » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 pm

sinfiery wrote:Just withdrew. It was the best financial option I had but it came down to me being a silly kid whose wanted to live in NYC for the last 9 year's of my life.


Goodluck everyone.


Have fun in NYC and good luck to you too!

User avatar
Mack12
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Mack12 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Wondering about the waitlist situation as well. Sent in ap four days before deadline and received waitlist on 4-1. (LSAT 161 GPA 3.97).
Does anyone know how much they weigh LOCIs etc. when considering making acceptances from the waitlist? Or just what the chances are in general of being offered acceptance? I've heard they usually have a pretty lengthy list each year...

User avatar
Mack12
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Mack12 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:34 pm

jdnumbersgame wrote:Already posted on the UVA Waitlist thread, but I wanted to let my presence be known in this group too. :mrgreen:

Officially checking in.

Waitlisted via email today. UVA is definitely my top choice.


Can you send link to this thread pretty please?!

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Jaqen » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Mack12 wrote:
jdnumbersgame wrote:Already posted on the UVA Waitlist thread, but I wanted to let my presence be known in this group too. :mrgreen:

Officially checking in.

Waitlisted via email today. UVA is definitely my top choice.


Can you send link to this thread pretty please?!


viewtopic.php?f=7&t=198605

User avatar
Lighthouseman
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Lighthouseman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Wait listed. Going to withdraw. GL everybody!

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Waitlisted.

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Jaqen » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Wormfather wrote:Just withdrew, sending about $150K back into the pool. Good luck to you guys still waiting for acceptances and scholies.


<3 <3 <3

Have fun in Palo Alto/Cambridge Worm. :)

bruin91
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bruin91 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Does everyone get an invitation to the UVA newsletter after applying?

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Jaqen » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:16 pm

bruin91 wrote:Does everyone get an invitation to the UVA newsletter after applying?


I think so, yeah.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 pm

checking out due to deposit deadline. enjoy c-ville guys stay in touch

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby digifly » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:06 pm

az21833 wrote:checking out due to deposit deadline. enjoy c-ville guys stay in touch


Enjoy Harvard!

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby FlowBro » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Does anyone know what sizes the recycled scollys are expected to be? Will they start making new offers this week since the deposit deadline was last Friday for merit recipients?

User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Vincent » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Withdrawn. Good luck to whomever they give my spot to!

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby whereskyle » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:29 pm

FlowBro wrote:Does anyone know what sizes the recycled scollys are expected to be? Will they start making new offers this week since the deposit deadline was last Friday for merit recipients?


One particularly negative tidbit I heard at ASW was that they give out more merit awards on the front end than they actually have money to distribute. I don't know if you should pay the above credence, but I am under the impression that they're not going to be giving out very much. But, hey, let's see.

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby FlowBro » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:38 pm

whereskyle wrote:
FlowBro wrote:Does anyone know what sizes the recycled scollys are expected to be? Will they start making new offers this week since the deposit deadline was last Friday for merit recipients?


One particularly negative tidbit I heard at ASW was that they give out more merit awards on the front end than they actually have money to distribute. I don't know if you should pay the above credence, but I am under the impression that they're not going to be giving out very much. But, hey, let's see.


That would be weak sauce.

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Jaqen » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:45 pm

FlowBro wrote:
whereskyle wrote:
FlowBro wrote:Does anyone know what sizes the recycled scollys are expected to be? Will they start making new offers this week since the deposit deadline was last Friday for merit recipients?


One particularly negative tidbit I heard at ASW was that they give out more merit awards on the front end than they actually have money to distribute. I don't know if you should pay the above credence, but I am under the impression that they're not going to be giving out very much. But, hey, let's see.


That would be weak sauce.

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Yardbird » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:03 am

FlowBro wrote:
whereskyle wrote:
FlowBro wrote:Does anyone know what sizes the recycled scollys are expected to be? Will they start making new offers this week since the deposit deadline was last Friday for merit recipients?


One particularly negative tidbit I heard at ASW was that they give out more merit awards on the front end than they actually have money to distribute. I don't know if you should pay the above credence, but I am under the impression that they're not going to be giving out very much. But, hey, let's see.


That would be weak sauce.
I talked to Dean Richard about this at ASW and she confirmed they may have overspent and needed to wait until the deposit deadline to see where they stand. All we can do is hope for the best!

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 02889 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Hey all. I withdrew, so hopefully my $20k/year makes its way to some of you (rather than just being a credit against their "overspending")!

JVK
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JVK » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Withdrew as well. Another $75,000's now open.

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Yardbird » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:51 pm

JVK wrote:Withdrew as well. Another $75,000's now open.
Have fun at Columbia!

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edamame » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:31 pm

I didn't accept my offer on Friday. I hope it frees up a spot for one of you -- and potentially some scholarship money. :-)

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Double-posting this (posted in the c/o 2016 thread already).

Just got this email from UVA re: schollies:

Good afternoon. I write to update you on where we are in our scholarship awarding process.

The deadline for those awarded scholarships in the first round has now passed and we are in the process of evaluating where we stand with available funds for a possible second round of scholarship offers. We hope to complete this process by the end of the week and will let you know early next week, via email, if we are able to offer you an award.

While we certainly appreciate that every admitted student would like to receive scholarship aid -- and we would love to be able to award scholarships to all the outstanding candidates to whom we offer admission -- we, like all other law schools, have limited resources.

If you have not already done so, please be sure to submit your completed FAFSA and NeedAccess forms so that our Financial Aid Office can provide you with a student loan package. For information about the financial aid process, please go to:

--LinkRemoved-- ... /apply.htm

Thank you for your patience.

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby FlowBro » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:05 pm

This could get interesting. But I think the days of 105's, 120's, and 150's is likely over. Now we are all probably looking at that 5 digit $$

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 am

FlowBro wrote:This could get interesting. But I think the days of 105's, 120's, and 150's is likely over. Now we are all probably looking at that 5 digit $$


That's what I was thinking. Although I'd be perfectly happy with $90,000.00, UVA! 8)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”