Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TexasAggie13
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TexasAggie13 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:04 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:
Audeamus wrote:How long does it usually take after being accepted to receive fin aid info? I submitted need access and FAFSA, but is there an additional CLS specific form I'll have to fill out? Thanks!


A really long time. I don't have mine still, and I submitted everything relatively on-time (early March).

There is a specific CLS questionnaire on the admitted students site. Do you have credentials yet for that? If not let me know and I can email the pdf.



I literally just got mine and I submitted my info FOREVER ago. Give them a call. They will shoot you straight and will tell you when to expect an award decision.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby carboncopyx » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Withdrew; declined the Hamilton. Good luck to all those still waiting!

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Tekrul » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:32 pm

No movement!?

SIGH CLS

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby gbelle » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Tekrul wrote:No movement!?

SIGH CLS


Le sigh, is right. Please let us in?

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:22 pm

Was at admitted students event today. Lol @ all the cls students playing solitaire and facebooking during class. So serious.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby PRgradBYU » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Still nothing from CLS. Not that it matters at the point, but geez.

User avatar
untar614
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby untar614 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:00 am

jbagelboy wrote:Was at admitted students event today. Lol @ all the cls students playing solitaire and facebooking during class. So serious.

Other than the clear lack of concern of class (obv due to awesome job placement), what was your impression of the school?


Also, this may have been answered already, but for anyone who goes here or is familiar with the area, how's the fitness center? is it decent for serious weight lifting? And how about groceries - good places to buy lots of food nearby?

User avatar
smdpnp
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby smdpnp » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:57 am

untar614 wrote:And how about groceries - good places to buy lots of food nearby?

My guides were not excited about the grocery/food options by Lenfest.

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Tekrul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:15 am

Morton Williams is a small grocery on the broadway side on 116.

Milano is a snobby deli/grocery that has high price tags on cheese you've never heard of.

Fairway is on 125th and is not a bad walk. This is your best bet if you cook your meals as I did in UG.


As for the fitness center. It's a zhoke. As a student athlete, I preferred to schedule 7 am weight training even though I am inclined to sleep till noon rather than use that god awful facility open to the general student body. The athlete training room is dope. The general room is not.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby gbelle » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:41 am

untar614 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:Was at admitted students event today. Lol @ all the cls students playing solitaire and facebooking during class. So serious.

Other than the clear lack of concern of class (obv due to awesome job placement), what was your impression of the school?


Also, this may have been answered already, but for anyone who goes here or is familiar with the area, how's the fitness center? is it decent for serious weight lifting? And how about groceries - good places to buy lots of food nearby?


You have lots of options for groceries. West side market at 110th and broadway is always good. Trader Joe's is a few stops away on the 1 line (it's at 72nd and broadway). I THINK there's a whole foods at 96th and amsterdam. There's also a lovely store called garden of eden near by.

You also have farmers markets that come up to Columbia a few times a week.

This girl knows her food, and I can assure you, you will have plenty of options :)

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ht2988 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 am

Called again just now to see if they had mailed my ding, and they said they hadn't made a decision yet. My false hope is building. Are there any other deferred EDers still waiting?

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nba101790 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:43 am

gbelle wrote:
untar614 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:Was at admitted students event today. Lol @ all the cls students playing solitaire and facebooking during class. So serious.

Other than the clear lack of concern of class (obv due to awesome job placement), what was your impression of the school?


Also, this may have been answered already, but for anyone who goes here or is familiar with the area, how's the fitness center? is it decent for serious weight lifting? And how about groceries - good places to buy lots of food nearby?


You have lots of options for groceries. West side market at 110th and broadway is always good. Trader Joe's is a few stops away on the 1 line (it's at 72nd and broadway). I THINK there's a whole foods at 96th and amsterdam. There's also a lovely store called garden of eden near by.

You also have farmers markets that come up to Columbia a few times a week.

This girl knows her food, and I can assure you, you will have plenty of options :)



You can also use FreshDirect and have basic staples delivered. Pretty convenient if you don't want to lug 12 packs of paper towels on the subway.

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Tekrul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 am

ht2988 wrote:Called again just now to see if they had mailed my ding, and they said they hadn't made a decision yet. My false hope is building. Are there any other deferred EDers still waiting?


Me

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ht2988 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:37 am

Tekrul wrote:
ht2988 wrote:Called again just now to see if they had mailed my ding, and they said they hadn't made a decision yet. My false hope is building. Are there any other deferred EDers still waiting?


Me


and with very similar stats - best of luck to you!

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby gbelle » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:38 am

ht2988 wrote:Called again just now to see if they had mailed my ding, and they said they hadn't made a decision yet. My false hope is building. Are there any other deferred EDers still waiting?


I was held in March, still nothing on my end. I emailed them yesterday and they told me the same thing as you. GOOD LUCK.

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Tekrul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:39 am

GL to you all too.

sd1234
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sd1234 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 pm

omg in absolute shock. hold --> accept just now. held late march.
170/3.93
now i actually have a decision to make and i have noooo idea where im going. ahhhh

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ht2988 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 pm

sd1234 wrote:omg in absolute shock. hold --> accept just now. held late march.
170/3.93
now i actually have a decision to make and i have noooo idea where im going. ahhhh


congratulations!

gravitygravity
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby gravitygravity » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:54 pm

sd1234 wrote:omg in absolute shock. hold --> accept just now. held late march.
170/3.93
now i actually have a decision to make and i have noooo idea where im going. ahhhh


Congratulations! It doesn't sound like you have a bad decision to make!

On the other hand, I have heard legitimately nothing for over 6 months. No hold or reserve or wait list... literally nothing. But if I get an acceptance on the last day that they render decisions, it'll all be worth it! Here's to hoping :wink:

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Tekrul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:58 pm

sd1234 wrote:omg in absolute shock. hold --> accept just now. held late march.
170/3.93
now i actually have a decision to make and i have noooo idea where im going. ahhhh


via e-mail?

lovelyx09
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lovelyx09 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:02 pm

I also just got in after being held in late February. It came via email! 170/3.8

sd1234
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sd1234 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Tekrul wrote:
sd1234 wrote:omg in absolute shock. hold --> accept just now. held late march.
170/3.93
now i actually have a decision to make and i have noooo idea where im going. ahhhh


via e-mail?


yeah, but i'm abroad so i wouldn't draw any conclusions from that.

and thanks for the congrats all...im pulling for the rest of you!

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Tekrul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Grats to you both.

Not looking good for me if they are taking above median GPA and below median LSAT. I'm not that kind of splitter :cry:

KingFish
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KingFish » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:27 pm

In!!!! Stoked unreal

I had a 10 minute phone interview last week. Complete 1/29. Never held.
3.4/177

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Tekrul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:33 pm

I would do so many things for a phone interview. So many things.

Edit: Grats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”