Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby carboncopyx » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:45 pm

I love so many things about California--the proximity to both snow and beaches, the weather, the vast array of good food, and how chill/friendly the people naturally are. But when it comes to dressing well and architecture, the east coast wins. :|

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:01 pm

carboncopyx wrote:I love so many things about California--the proximity to both snow and beaches, the weather, the vast array of good food, and how chill/friendly the people naturally are. But when it comes to dressing well and architecture, the east coast wins. :|


Don't hate on flip-flops and tank tops! Just think, if you came to SLS, you would be the best dressed person there... a sort of goddess of fashion

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9646
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:04 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:I love so many things about California--the proximity to both snow and beaches, the weather, the vast array of good food, and how chill/friendly the people naturally are. But when it comes to dressing well and architecture, the east coast wins. :|


Don't hate on flip-flops and tank tops! Just think, if you came to SLS, you would be the best dressed person there... a sort of goddess of fashion


if by best dressed => preppiest dressed

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby carboncopyx » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:Don't hate on flip-flops and tank tops! Just think, if you came to SLS, you would be the best dressed person there... a sort of goddess of fashion


if by best dressed => preppiest dressed

Four years in New England has made that my aesthetic! I wore a peacoat and scarf over winter break in California, and everyone just kind of stared at me weirdly...

(SLS also has been ignoring me ever since I submitted, so I'm not expecting too much at this point, haha.)

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:Don't hate on flip-flops and tank tops! Just think, if you came to SLS, you would be the best dressed person there... a sort of goddess of fashion


if by best dressed => preppiest dressed

Four years in New England has made that my aesthetic! I wore a peacoat and scarf over winter break in California, and everyone just kind of stared at me weirdly...

(SLS also has been ignoring me ever since I submitted, so I'm not expecting too much at this point, haha.)


It sounds like you'll fit in nicely in New Haven :D

MAHamlin
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MAHamlin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:58 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:Don't hate on flip-flops and tank tops! Just think, if you came to SLS, you would be the best dressed person there... a sort of goddess of fashion


if by best dressed => preppiest dressed

Four years in New England has made that my aesthetic! I wore a peacoat and scarf over winter break in California, and everyone just kind of stared at me weirdly...

(SLS also has been ignoring me ever since I submitted, so I'm not expecting too much at this point, haha.)


You're not alone!

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby uconjak » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:19 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
az21833 wrote:its the ugliest t14.

by far


debatably true, but Columbia is a beautiful university overall so I think net attractiveness of the the campus ranks pretty high


The worst one I visited was USC...the concrete pillbox.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:00 pm

az21833 wrote:its the ugliest t14.

by far



.....have you seen UChicago?

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby cwid1391 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:03 pm

applemaroon wrote:
az21833 wrote:its the ugliest t14.

by far



.....have you seen UChicago?


Aree you kidding? That building is gorgeous.

Image

Especially compared to Columbia:

Image

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:04 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:07 pm

^^^^ Clearly Columbia needs to release financial aid decisions so that these topics don't come up...

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9646
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:09 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:^^^^ Clearly Columbia needs to release financial aid decisions so that these topics don't come up...


+1 lets see some $

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:09 pm

TBH, having been there last week... that is a very flattering picture of Chicago's building IMO.

It is not an ugly law school and I didn't mind the rest of the campus either, but I don't think anyone is going to choose Chicago law because of its beauty. Just my .02.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:11 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:^^^^ Clearly Columbia needs to release financial aid decisions so that these topics don't come up...



haha don't get me wrong, UChicago is an amazing, amazing school. I just think they have been....very strategic in what pictures they use to promote the image of the school.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:17 pm

applemaroon wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:^^^^ Clearly Columbia needs to release financial aid decisions so that these topics don't come up...



haha don't get me wrong, UChicago is an amazing, amazing school. I just think they have been....very strategic in what pictures they use to promote the image of the school.


no news there

hockeyguy22
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hockeyguy22 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:16 pm

For anyone who went to the last ASW, what were the faculty chats on Thursday all about? Did they have like different panels to go to or was it more seeking out individual professors? Trying to decide what time I need to get there on Thursday.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:17 pm

While we're eagerly awaiting Columbia's financial aid news ...if anything wants to chime in on my decision, I would be much obliged :D

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=206760

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:21 pm

just give us $$$ CLS!!1

orbotop
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby orbotop » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:28 pm

and for uchi, a picture of the library is a picture of the school/law bldg...faculty offices and lounge there, classrooms connected, etc. its a totally flattering picture, but i think uchi/hyde park is quite nice, its the area immediately off campus that sucks.

WhiteyCakes wrote:
applemaroon wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:^^^^ Clearly Columbia needs to release financial aid decisions so that these topics don't come up...



haha don't get me wrong, UChicago is an amazing, amazing school. I just think they have been....very strategic in what pictures they use to promote the image of the school.


no news there

User avatar
bob loblaw11
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bob loblaw11 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm

az21833 wrote:just give us $$$ decisions CLS!!1

FTFY.

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:34 pm

Is there any way to tell if my ding letter got lost in the mail or something? Seriously, it's been almost six months since I applied to CLS with not one word. :roll:

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:36 pm

MacB wrote:Is there any way to tell if my ding letter got lost in the mail or something? Seriously, it's been almost six months since I applied to CLS with not one word. :roll:


Someone called... and they were told that their letter was in the mail. No idea how that turned out though

mambar
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mambar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:39 pm

MacB wrote:Is there any way to tell if my ding letter got lost in the mail or something? Seriously, it's been almost six months since I applied to CLS with not one word. :roll:

+1

User avatar
d330
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby d330 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:36 am

Does CLS send word of the Hamilton and Butler with that first letter you receive? Can it come later?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 pm

d330 wrote:Does CLS send word of the Hamilton and Butler with that first letter you receive? Can it come later?


Yes. No.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, bleakchimera2, crimsonknight, dala77, Giro423, Google [Bot], guybourdin, JoshLyman13, jtawil, jtn123, lawnerd87, mcmand, nume2016, pandaaa, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., urbanist11 and 39 guests