Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby curious66 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:55 pm

pmd49 wrote:
lollipop555 wrote:have any ED deferrals been accepted?


Bringing this back up in the thread. I'm in this boat. Haven't heard anything since December...definitely hoping for something this week.


Have not heard a peep -- but they said they would review in April. So, probably WL at best for us given the fact that most of the spots would be taken by then and deposits paid.

User avatar
jubee
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jubee » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:15 pm

if anyones interested, The Kojo Nnamdi Show on WAMU has GULC dean and IU Dean discussing law school sitch: http://tunein.com/radio/WAMU-885-s27111/

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:48 pm

jubee wrote:if anyones interested, The Kojo Nnamdi Show on WAMU has GULC dean and IU Dean discussing law school sitch: http://tunein.com/radio/WAMU-885-s27111/


Thanks so much. Listening now.

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ht2988 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:48 pm

curious66 wrote:
pmd49 wrote:
lollipop555 wrote:have any ED deferrals been accepted?


Bringing this back up in the thread. I'm in this boat. Haven't heard anything since December...definitely hoping for something this week.


Have not heard a peep -- but they said they would review in April. So, probably WL at best for us given the fact that most of the spots would be taken by then and deposits paid.


Just called the office to confirm that they received the LOCI I submitted via the form on their website. Deferred ED->RD applicants won't hear anything until April. I looked through last year's thread and there were a handful of ED->RD admits scattered throughout the last 3 weeks of April. Most were reserved. All hope is not lost - it looks like some of us still have a shot. Next month is going to be fun.

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby uconjak » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:13 pm

I have been put on Hold. Any idea when they started dipping into the holds for us not-so-special snowflakes?

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 02889 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:48 pm

uconjak wrote:I have been put on Hold. Any idea when they started dipping into the holds for us not-so-special snowflakes?

A few people discussed this very topic on the same page of this thread. Scroll up to see some of the data that Anonymous4444 collected.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:26 pm

02889 wrote:
uconjak wrote:I have been put on Hold. Any idea when they started dipping into the holds for us not-so-special snowflakes?

A few people discussed this very topic on the same page of this thread. Scroll up to see some of the data that Anonymous4444 collected.


Lol I'd say decisions after the first week of April if ur lucky

And maybe a request for info in early April

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 pm

how many people are sitting complete from mid January with no news? maybe we're holds who dont get told we're being held because we applied so late...

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HankBashir » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:how many people are sitting complete from mid January with no news? maybe we're holds who dont get told we're being held because we applied so late...


1/15 complete. Still waiting.

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spyke123 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 pm

HankBashir wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:how many people are sitting complete from mid January with no news? maybe we're holds who dont get told we're being held because we applied so late...


1/15 complete. Still waiting.


still here....

User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby banjo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm still here....submitted in september. I think mambar is around as well. I think they're going in reverse chronological order in terms of holding/reserving us early submitters.

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:27 am

Complete in mid-October and still no word.

mambar
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mambar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:20 am

banjo wrote:I'm still here....submitted in september. I think mambar is around as well. I think they're going in reverse chronological order in terms of holding/reserving us early submitters.

Checking in, sir! :?

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananapudding88 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:21 pm

OMG I JUST GOT THE EMAIL AND I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
bosmer88
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bosmer88 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:23 pm

aiaea wrote:OMG I JUST GOT THE EMAIL AND I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Congrats! Maybe I will see you at ASD. Also, your avatar + that quote = lulz on my part!

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:25 pm

congrats!!! are you international at all?

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananapudding88 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:27 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:congrats!!! are you international at all?


Nope, from the DC area!!

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:43 pm

aiaea wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:congrats!!! are you international at all?


Nope, from the DC area!!



im guessing you were never held right?

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananapudding88 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:
im guessing you were never held right?


No was never held. Complete 1/9

cheymao
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby cheymao » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Just got the email acceptance!!!! I'M IN! :D

submitted first week of January, complete on 1/15

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9646
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:16 pm

cheymao wrote:Just got the email acceptance!!!! I'M IN! :D

submitted first week of January, complete on 1/15


congrats!! URM?

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:49 pm

cheymao wrote:Just got the email acceptance!!!! I'M IN! :D

submitted first week of January, complete on 1/15



wow nice congrats

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 pm

So after three months of radio silence, I emailed Columbia last week asking why the completion of my app was still pending. They told me that I needed to contact a previous educational institution and have them send in a Dean's Certification for a minor C&F issue (for distributing a proxy site in a dorm so we could access Facebook... gotta love BYU-Idaho) during my freshman year. Now that I've cleared up that problem, I literally just went complete today, haha. FML. If I had any chance of sneaking onto Columbia's wait list before, it's completely gone now.

Congrats to all the recent admits, though! :)

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Audeamus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:48 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:So after three months of radio silence, I emailed Columbia last week asking why the completion of my app was still pending. They told me that I needed to contact a previous educational institution and have them send in a Dean's Certification for a minor C&F issue (for distributing a proxy site in a dorm so we could access Facebook... gotta love BYU-Idaho) during my freshman year. Now that I've cleared up that problem, I literally just went complete today, haha. FML. If I had any chance of sneaking onto Columbia's wait list before, it's completely gone now.

Congrats to all the recent admits, though! :)


This made me laugh, and I bet some members of Columbia AdComm will laugh (or at least crack a smile) too. Laughter --> good mood. Good Mood --> ACCEPTANCE!! congrats :D

User avatar
d330
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby d330 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 pm

Just got in today too. Been lurking on this thread, but nice to be able to speak of some movement happening. Congrats to the other folks who got in.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: christinaxcarrie, Giro423, NavyNuke and 27 guests