Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
housebro13
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby housebro13 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Ok I'm just going to conclude from all of this High-numbered holds that being held is not a negative sign.

LLLPLLL
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LLLPLLL » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Held as well. 171/3.82 :/

User avatar
broadstreet11
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby broadstreet11 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:18 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
broadstreet11 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Also held 3.7/174. This makes me think the rest of my app is on the weak side.


I'm shocked twinkle. So sorry to hear that. Don't worry though, there's still hope...it really is a crazy cycle. Are you K-JD?



Nope 2 years WE. Thank goodness for Berkeley, I got in where no one else seems to and vice versa with my friends on here haha. Ah well.


I really can't see how you won't be admitted with them begging for forgiveness with a nice big scholly.

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:20 pm

broadstreet11 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
broadstreet11 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Also held 3.7/174. This makes me think the rest of my app is on the weak side.


I'm shocked twinkle. So sorry to hear that. Don't worry though, there's still hope...it really is a crazy cycle. Are you K-JD?



Nope 2 years WE. Thank goodness for Berkeley, I got in where no one else seems to and vice versa with my friends on here haha. Ah well.


I really can't see how you won't be admitted with them begging for forgiveness with a nice big scholly.



Hah my #s are DEFINITELY not high enough for any $, but I thank you for the vote of confidence. :lol:


April 26 is so late- no ASW and missing lots of other deadlines. Yikes.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:22 pm

im curious where lavitz stands after this bloodbqath. hope hes ok

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Sorry to hear about all the holds (congrats to those who expected dings).

Seeing numbers equivalent or greater than mine getting held makes me think the date of submitting the app played a huge part (I submitted/went complete in September). or my PS was just that dope.

sd1234
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sd1234 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 pm

So is there any consensus if it means anything at all not to hear anything at all? I know there are a few much earlier completes than me, but I'm 170/3.9 sitting at early/mid January complete. Eek. Sorry to hear about all these holds/reserves.

User avatar
hohenheim
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hohenheim » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Sorry for all those held/reserved.

Consolation:
Last year there were 222 admits reported on LSN. So far we're only at 143, or 64%. So a lot of people who are waiting right now will probably end up with NCEs.

Demos22
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Demos22 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Submitted 9/22. Held a few weeks ago. 172/4.1

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 pm

ph5354a wrote:Is it possible CLS is looking to decrease it's class size? Most of these holds are pretty clear admits. Maybe they're just moving more slowly this year and want to give you guys a heads up that they haven't made a decision yet, a la Harvard?


Harvard hold seems like a dead-end or WL at best for almost everyone except those with numbers that should have been JS1 in the first place. I'm betting this held group will see a lot more motion, but I'm not familiar with CLS's practice.

As for class size, its possible.. if they want to keep ahead of Chicago, reduction in class size might be deemed necessary. Nevertheless, I don't think this held pile should be too discouraged just yet.

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby djwjddl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 pm

sd1234 wrote:So is there any consensus if it means anything at all not to hear anything at all? I know there are a few much earlier completes than me, but I'm 170/3.9 sitting at early/mid January complete. Eek. Sorry to hear about all these holds/reserves.


who knows, but i'd keep an eye out on your mailbox just in case.

J90
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby J90 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:37 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
ph5354a wrote:Is it possible CLS is looking to decrease it's class size? Most of these holds are pretty clear admits. Maybe they're just moving more slowly this year and want to give you guys a heads up that they haven't made a decision yet, a la Harvard?


Harvard hold seems like a dead-end or WL at best for almost everyone except those with numbers that should have been JS1 in the first place. I'm betting this held group will see a lot more motion, but I'm not familiar with CLS's practice.

As for class size, its possible.. if they want to keep ahead of Chicago, reduction in class size might be deemed necessary. Nevertheless, I don't think this held pile should be too discouraged just yet.


If it means anything, the ED acceptance letter reads that they were anticipating a class of ~365 this year, which is roughly on par with the one before it. That said, they certainly might have changed their mind on that.

User avatar
stone_fox
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby stone_fox » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Reserve. 162/3.65 MA URM. I think they are just fucking with me.

User avatar
Ramius
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Ramius » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Image

Thanks CLS. Feels awesome.

jym_dawg
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jym_dawg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:40 pm

Would anyone be interested in putting up a spreadsheet for Held/Reserves just to keep track of things? I'd volunteer if I weren't technologically challenged..

CaliforniaBear
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CaliforniaBear » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:47 pm

jym_dawg wrote:Would anyone be interested in putting up a spreadsheet for Held/Reserves just to keep track of things? I'd volunteer if I weren't technologically challenged..


I was going through the facebook page and almost everybody seems to be from elite UG with few exceptions.
For those Held/Reserves, can you share your UG type (i.e., Ivy, Top Public etc)

mustached
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mustached » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Held 173/3.9. Unknown liberal arts college. 5 years work experience, including college teaching.

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby VeeD101 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:51 pm

CaliforniaBear wrote:
jym_dawg wrote:Would anyone be interested in putting up a spreadsheet for Held/Reserves just to keep track of things? I'd volunteer if I weren't technologically challenged..


I was going through the facebook page and almost everybody seems to be from elite UG with few exceptions.
For those Held/Reserves, can you share your UG type (i.e., Ivy, Top Public etc)


This can be tracked in the spreadsheet with gpas and lsat scores.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:51 pm

I went to a Big 10 UG (can probably guess which one), 2 years WE in IBanking

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:54 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:I went to a Big 10 UG (can probably guess which one), 2 years WE in IBanking


penn state?

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:56 pm

helix23 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:I went to a Big 10 UG (can probably guess which one), 2 years WE in IBanking


penn state?


Nope.. Then I'd be called "NittanyLionGirl"

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:58 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
helix23 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:I went to a Big 10 UG (can probably guess which one), 2 years WE in IBanking


penn state?


Nope.. Then I'd be called "NittanyLionGirl"


**Insert inappropriate Sandusky joke here**

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:58 pm

helix23 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:I went to a Big 10 UG (can probably guess which one), 2 years WE in IBanking


penn state?



trololololol

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
helix23 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:I went to a Big 10 UG (can probably guess which one), 2 years WE in IBanking


penn state?



trololololol


:lol: too obvious?

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:01 pm

helix23 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
helix23 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:I went to a Big 10 UG (can probably guess which one), 2 years WE in IBanking


penn state?



trololololol


:lol: too obvious?



i think i just get your humor. :mrgreen: and appreciate it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”