Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
elterrible78

Silver
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 pm

danitt wrote:
Jaqen wrote:
danitt wrote:Got my ding today.


Sorry, danitt. <3

LBR, my cycle has already been pretty much a dream. I guess I'll be going to UVA is I don't take money over T-10 prestige.


Maybe we can form some sort of LAS organization at UVA. Sorry about the Columbia ding, anyway.

User avatar
Jaqen

Silver
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jaqen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
danitt wrote:
Jaqen wrote:
danitt wrote:Got my ding today.


Sorry, danitt. <3

LBR, my cycle has already been pretty much a dream. I guess I'll be going to UVA is I don't take money over T-10 prestige.


Maybe we can form some sort of LAS organization at UVA. Sorry about the Columbia ding, anyway.


LAS?

User avatar
elterrible78

Silver
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Jaqen wrote:
LAS?


Oh, sorry. Latin American Studies...we both have degrees in it. I'm so used to acronyms being thrown around this site that I forgot nobody would know wtf LAS meant.

User avatar
Jaqen

Silver
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jaqen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
Jaqen wrote:
LAS?


Oh, sorry. Latin American Studies...we both have degrees in it. I'm so used to acronyms being thrown around this site that I forgot nobody would know wtf LAS meant.


Haha, np. I googled it but duh, a search for "las" is gonna bring up millions of results.

User avatar
TripTrip

Gold
Posts: 2762
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TripTrip » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:19 am

Damn you Georgetown for sending me a Columbia-sized envelope!

MacB

Bronze
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:46 am

TripTrip wrote:Damn you Georgetown for sending me a Columbia-sized envelope!


May god damn UVA and Michigan for the same!!!!!!! :P

BSC

Bronze
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BSC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:46 pm

So I was held and wanna update my transcript. Do I just send it to lsac and sit back? I did that and they say they sent it everywhere. Do I need to confirm columbia has it, or am I good?

jym_dawg

Bronze
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jym_dawg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:54 pm

BSC wrote:So I was held and wanna update my transcript. Do I just send it to lsac and sit back? I did that and they say they sent it everywhere. Do I need to confirm columbia has it, or am I good?


You can just send it to LSAC and they will update all the schools to which you applied.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute

Gold
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:04 pm

BSC wrote:So I was held and wanna update my transcript. Do I just send it to lsac and sit back? I did that and they say they sent it everywhere. Do I need to confirm columbia has it, or am I good?


You're good. You should be able to check LSAT under reports sent or whatnot and see that LSAC send all your schools a report more recently than you applied (it might take a couple days I remember hearing though, but im not sure)

akaimogene

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby akaimogene » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Admitted, I think? Very odd though, because it was sent by email and hard copy. Letter dated 2/25. I can log into the admitted student website though.

User avatar
banjo

Silver
Posts: 1351
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby banjo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:52 pm

akaimogene wrote:Admitted, I think? Very odd though, because it was sent by email and hard copy. Letter dated 2/25. I can log into the admitted student website though.


Congrats - when did you go complete

akaimogene

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby akaimogene » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:59 pm

banjo wrote:
Congrats - when did you go complete


1/10 - I'm 173/3.7

User avatar
twinkletoes16

Silver
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:02 pm

akaimogene wrote:
banjo wrote:
Congrats - when did you go complete


1/10 - I'm 173/3.7



WHERE IS MY LETTER THIS IS LIKE SOME HOGWARTS SHIT RIGHT HERE. almost identical stats but mine are sliiiightly higher. still absolutely nothing from columbia.

User avatar
bob loblaw11

Bronze
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bob loblaw11 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:48 pm


User avatar
Anon2008

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anon2008 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm

Is there a way to snag a butler/hammy if it doesn't come in the NCE? Haven't gotten one yet, but tryin' to prepare for the inevitable (assuming I even get in).

If I were to weasel into H (currently held), or S, would that make a difference...

Stats: male, AA, 3.3, 165, former HYP basketball player, crap WE (won't say how many years so I can stay anon)

User avatar
sinfiery

Gold
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sinfiery » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:19 am

Anon2008 wrote:Is there a way to snag a butler/hammy if it doesn't come in the NCE? Haven't gotten one yet, but tryin' to prepare for the inevitable (assuming I even get in).

If I were to weasel into H (currently held), or S, would that make a difference...

Stats: male, AA, 3.3, 165, former HYP basketball player, crap WE (won't say how many years so I can stay anon)

Lol, I don't think that's how anonymity works.

I'd pm the user Pacifica. He got all of HYS and has been trying to negotiate with CLS for a hammy last I read.

User avatar
Lavitz

Gold
Posts: 3402
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:27 am

sinfiery wrote:
Anon2008 wrote:Is there a way to snag a butler/hammy if it doesn't come in the NCE? Haven't gotten one yet, but tryin' to prepare for the inevitable (assuming I even get in).

If I were to weasel into H (currently held), or S, would that make a difference...

Stats: male, AA, 3.3, 165, former HYP basketball player, crap WE (won't say how many years so I can stay anon)

Lol, I don't think that's how anonymity works.

I'd pm the user Pacifica. He got all of HYS and has been trying to negotiate with CLS for a hammy last I read.

It didn't work. They pretty much confirmed you can't negotiate for it if it's not included in the acceptance.

chadbrochill

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby chadbrochill » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:01 am

sinfiery wrote:Lol, I don't think that's how anonymity works.


Hahaha, what are you saying? how would they possibly find us without knowing how many yrs of work experience?

User avatar
ksd2138

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ksd2138 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Held.

Applied late October, 175/3.56.

swordking90

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby swordking90 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:52 pm

ksd2138 wrote:Held.

Applied late October, 175/3.56.


Did you just get the email? Oh lordy not another wave of holds...

User avatar
bluecouch

Bronze
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bluecouch » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Held, too. Sadness. Well, that ends the mad dash to the mailbox every night... for now.

Edit: Complete 1/10, stats in profile.
Last edited by bluecouch on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
abcde12345

Bronze
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby abcde12345 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Held. 173/4.0 Pretty disappointed. Email.

04102014

Gold
Posts: 1695
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 04102014 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Safe to assume that all of the hold emails go out simultaneously?

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl

Bronze
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Held... 170 3.67

User avatar
Lighthouseman

New
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lighthouseman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Held.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: surfsup12345 and 12 guests