Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pedestrian » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:49 pm

BSC wrote:FYI, I'm held and they told me not to send in additional LORs


Did you call and ask or did I somehow miss that in the letter? Held too and I was thinking of rounding up another LOR, but maybe not... :(

BSC
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BSC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:02 pm

pedestrian wrote:
BSC wrote:FYI, I'm held and they told me not to send in additional LORs


Did you call and ask or did I somehow miss that in the letter? Held too and I was thinking of rounding up another LOR, but maybe not... :(


I asked via email.

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spyke123 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:12 pm

nothing today. boooooo

User avatar
Jpreece59
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jpreece59 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:19 pm

BSC wrote:
pedestrian wrote:
BSC wrote:FYI, I'm held and they told me not to send in additional LORs


Did you call and ask or did I somehow miss that in the letter? Held too and I was thinking of rounding up another LOR, but maybe not... :(


I asked via email.


What did you do exactly? I have very similar numbers so I'm curious.

BSC
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BSC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Jpreece59 wrote:
BSC wrote:
pedestrian wrote:
BSC wrote:FYI, I'm held and they told me not to send in additional LORs


Did you call and ask or did I somehow miss that in the letter? Held too and I was thinking of rounding up another LOR, but maybe not... :(


I asked via email.


What did you do exactly? I have very similar numbers so I'm curious.


I said that their letter mentioned that I could send in transcript updates and asked if I could send another LOR. They said nope. Just Transcripts, updated resume's, and LOCI

User avatar
Jpreece59
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jpreece59 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 pm

I asked via email.[/quote]

What did you do exactly? I have very similar numbers so I'm curious.[/quote]

I said that their letter mentioned that I could send in transcript updates and asked if I could send another LOR. They said nope. Just Transcripts, updated resume's, and LOCI[/quote]

So you didn't find out that you were held by emailing them yourself, did you? They sent out the initial "your held" email, right?

BSC
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BSC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Jpreece59 wrote:I asked via email.


What did you do exactly? I have very similar numbers so I'm curious.[/quote]

I said that their letter mentioned that I could send in transcript updates and asked if I could send another LOR. They said nope. Just Transcripts, updated resume's, and LOCI[/quote]

So you didn't find out that you were held by emailing them yourself, did you? They sent out the initial "your held" email, right?[/quote]

Correct

dukie4
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dukie4 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 pm

I know financial aid decisions won't be made until late March, but I have read that some people have received scholarships. Was this included with acceptance letters?

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby carboncopyx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:42 pm

dukie4 wrote:I know financial aid decisions won't be made until late March, but I have read that some people have received scholarships. Was this included with acceptance letters?

Yeah, they have merit half and full scholarship notification included with the initial acceptance letters.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 pm

dukie4 wrote:I know financial aid decisions won't be made until late March, but I have read that some people have received scholarships. Was this included with acceptance letters?


If you are referring to Butler/Hamilton, then yes, they come with the initial NCE.

On that note, since they do recycle the named scholarships, does anyone know how a butler might come back around to an already admitted student if its initial owner withdrew from CLS?

dukie4
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dukie4 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Thanks. Hope I get some $$$ in March!

User avatar
battlerifle13
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby battlerifle13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Accepted today! Pleasant surprise to find it sitting in my mailbox. Dated 2/14.

I guess if I didn't get Butler/Hamilton, I have to just sit tight until end of March to see what's up with the financial situation?

LLLPLLL
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LLLPLLL » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:19 am

^

Congrats!!

I'm officially giving up hope. That'll at least make me happier.

wildcat12
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:31 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wildcat12 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:04 am

.
Last edited by wildcat12 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
yodamiked
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:07 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby yodamiked » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 pm

wildcat12 wrote:Longtime lurker here...just got in via email (abroad), complete 1/8, 173, 3.8.


Congrats!

Got an email this morning saying application went complete. Any idea how long after complete for decision this cycle?

BigZuck
Posts: 10851
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BigZuck » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:08 pm

yodamiked wrote:
wildcat12 wrote:Longtime lurker here...just got in via email (abroad), complete 1/8, 173, 3.8.


Congrats!

Got an email this morning saying application went complete. Any idea how long after complete for decision this cycle?


Depends if they decide to forget about you or not.

User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby banjo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:12 pm

BigZuck wrote:
yodamiked wrote:
wildcat12 wrote:Longtime lurker here...just got in via email (abroad), complete 1/8, 173, 3.8.


Congrats!

Got an email this morning saying application went complete. Any idea how long after complete for decision this cycle?


Depends if they decide to forget about you or not.


Yeah, judging by my experience at least 5 months, possibly longer.

User avatar
Sevenkingdoms
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Sevenkingdoms » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:10 pm

battlerifle13 wrote:Accepted today! Pleasant surprise to find it sitting in my mailbox. Dated 2/14.

I guess if I didn't get Butler/Hamilton, I have to just sit tight until end of March to see what's up with the financial situation?



submit/complete dates?

senorhosh
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:45 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby senorhosh » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Is there a way to tell online if your decision has been mailed?

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:20 pm

senorhosh wrote:Is there a way to tell online if your decision has been mailed?


nope

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 04102014 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Crowing wrote:
senorhosh wrote:Is there a way to tell online if your decision has been mailed?


nope


I find this simultaneously liberating and infuriating.

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby txdude45 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 pm

NCE today! Frat brothers damn near threw it away before I saw it.

Postmarked 2/19 and I'm in New England.
Submitted 11/27. AA male, 3.2/167
Last edited by txdude45 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
bob loblaw11
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bob loblaw11 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:19 pm

txdude45 wrote:NCE today!

There's life in Columbia yet!! Congrats man!

Edit: Cause of RC fail

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby domino » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:36 pm

Anybody know the deal for the admitted student days in early March? RSVPed and saw the schedule online, but was wondering if any details had been sent out.

Goodman
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Goodman » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Still nothing. Getting nervous. Happy for new admits, though.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Baidu [Spider], carlos_danger, Cfitz, christinaxcarrie, curry1, guybourdin, hammy393, hellohalo, joezze, lawschool2017712, Nobiggie, Photomike2, pleaseclassof2020, ssolli, Torres1893 and 25 guests