Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby banjo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:23 pm

No email today

swordking90
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby swordking90 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm

banjo wrote:No email today


Glad to be in good company; no email either :|

User avatar
Jpreece59
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jpreece59 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:49 pm

soych wrote:Checking in.

Submitted application in early January, completion pending since January 15th. It's been five weeks now; starting to be concerned.


You and me both.

User avatar
airbud
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby airbud » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Held. 3.85/167/strong softs. Complete mid-Oct.

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Nothing on my end. Not sure whether a ding or an acceptance is coming at this point.

User avatar
Jpreece59
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jpreece59 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:11 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Nothing on my end. Not sure whether a ding or an acceptance is coming at this point.


+1

andreskicdo
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby andreskicdo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:12 pm

no hold, no ding, no NCE. Ugh, enough already.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby digifly » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:30 pm

In it to win it. No NCE, no hold, no ding. Come at me Brolumbia.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby trojandave » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:32 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Nothing on my end. Not sure whether a ding or an acceptance is coming at this point.
digifly wrote:In it to win it. No NCE, no hold, no ding. Come at me Brolumbia.

Big NCE's for both of you this week. Count it

BigZuck
Posts: 10851
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:36 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Nothing on my end. Not sure whether a ding or an acceptance is coming at this point.


It's an honor to stand alongside you, Digifly, and all the other good numbers.

Guessing the feeling might not be mutual though ;)

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Soon to be admitted: banjo, twinkle, digifly, wisteria, anonymous, spyke et. al.

App was accidentally trashed: bigzuck

HTH

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Pulling for y'all. this shit trickles in all thru april.

Image

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Audeamus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:43 pm

helix23 wrote:Pulling for y'all. this shit trickles in all thru april.

Image


Wonder when that ding spike will hit :?

nanochick
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:05 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nanochick » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Jpreece59 wrote:
nanochick wrote:178, 3.0X, strong softs. Looks like a lot of splitters one direction or the other. Any 3.9X want to pair with me? :)


It's a date. Now I'll trade you .5 GPA points for 3 LSAT points. Deal?
171/4.1+



Are you kidding me? Done!

whyamidoingthis66
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby whyamidoingthis66 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:51 pm

thought for sure i was headed for a rejection after reading all of this today but came home and NCE was waiting for me! i threw away the envelope in a fit of joy so i have no idea when it was postmarked (sorry y'all!!!) but I went complete in December and am at the median LSAT and below the median GPA. there is still hope!

User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pedestrian » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:57 pm

helix23 wrote:Pulling for y'all. this shit trickles in all thru april.



Would this hold wave be included in the first waitlist spike? Or was that the reserve wave and we are the trick of admits + the late april waitlist?

ETA: Congrats whyamidoingthis66!

BigZuck
Posts: 10851
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Crowing wrote:Soon to be admitted: banjo, twinkle, digifly, wisteria, anonymous, spyke et. al.

App was accidentally trashed: bigzuck

HTH


This.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:03 pm

pedestrian wrote:
helix23 wrote:Pulling for y'all. this shit trickles in all thru april.



Would this hold wave be included in the first waitlist spike? Or was that the reserve wave and we are the trick of admits + the late april waitlist?

ETA: Congrats whyamidoingthis66!


I have no idea. That might depend on whether the LSN users decided a hold was a waitlist and marked it as such on their profile.

User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby banjo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:11 pm

whyamidoingthis66 wrote:thought for sure i was headed for a rejection after reading all of this today but came home and NCE was waiting for me! i threw away the envelope in a fit of joy so i have no idea when it was postmarked (sorry y'all!!!) but I went complete in December and am at the median LSAT and below the median GPA. there is still hope!


Congrats!! Quickly -- before you go off drinking -- when is the letter dated? And do you live in Manhattan, tristate, or beyond?

While I would love an offer, I think http://lawschoolnumbers.com/sabanist is way ahead of me in line...eta: whoa, you withdrew from Chicago already? Those are Rubious numbers!

whyamidoingthis66
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby whyamidoingthis66 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:14 pm

banjo wrote:
whyamidoingthis66 wrote:thought for sure i was headed for a rejection after reading all of this today but came home and NCE was waiting for me! i threw away the envelope in a fit of joy so i have no idea when it was postmarked (sorry y'all!!!) but I went complete in December and am at the median LSAT and below the median GPA. there is still hope!


Congrats!! Quickly -- before you go off drinking -- when is the letter dated? And do you live in Manhattan, tristate, or beyond?

While I would love an offer, I think http://lawschoolnumbers.com/sabanist is way ahead of me in line...eta: whoa, you withdrew from Chicago already? Those are Rubious numbers!


The letter is dated February 14th and I live in the "beyond" (southeast).

Azariel
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Azariel » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Got my big envelope today :D I'm in!!

If it helps, here are my stats/info:
174/3.89
Applied around Jan 7th
Not sure when complete but it was like a week or two after
I'm in SoCal; the letter's dated Feb 13th

Congrats to everyone who's heard back, and good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Azariel wrote:Got my big envelope today :D I'm in!!

If it helps, here are my stats/info:
174/3.89
Applied around Jan 7th
Not sure when complete but it was like a week or two after
I'm in SoCal; the letter's dated Feb 13th

Congrats to everyone who's heard back, and good luck to everyone else!


Congrats!! I'm from SoCal so hopefully mine is waiting in my mailbox too!!

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:38 pm

I think I have a NCE here in DC...stand by for confirmation.

J90
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby J90 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:49 pm

ph5354a wrote:I think I have a NCE here in DC...stand by for confirmation.


Holy shit. Props!

And congrats to the other SoCalers!

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ph5354a » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:55 pm

J90 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:I think I have a NCE here in DC...stand by for confirmation.


Holy shit. Props!

And congrats to the other SoCalers!


Confirmed!! Postmarked and letter dated 2/15! Applied 1/4 and went complete 1/15.

:D :D :D :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, curry1, Majestic-12 [Bot], malysh and 15 guests