Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:42 pm

Lavitz wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:When you say you need a pin number... do you mean you enter that on the admitted students website page? Because on my page there's no place to enter a pin...

https://web.law.columbia.edu/admissions ... d/activate

Yea :? on that page there's no place for me to enter a pin. It just says "You are not authorized to access this page."

If you're seeing something asking you to enter a pin, I'd imagine it means you've been admitted...

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:46 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:When you say you need a pin number... do you mean you enter that on the admitted students website page? Because on my page there's no place to enter a pin...

https://web.law.columbia.edu/admissions ... d/activate

Yea :? on that page there's no place for me to enter a pin. It just says "You are not authorized to access this page."

If you're seeing something asking you to enter a pin, I'd imagine it means you've been admitted...

:shock:

Or...did you create a "My Columbia Law" account or whatever it's called? I just created mine because I was blindly trying to find the right page.

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spyke123 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:46 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:When you say you need a pin number... do you mean you enter that on the admitted students website page? Because on my page there's no place to enter a pin...

https://web.law.columbia.edu/admissions ... d/activate

Yea :? on that page there's no place for me to enter a pin. It just says "You are not authorized to access this page."

If you're seeing something asking you to enter a pin, I'd imagine it means you've been admitted...


Are you logged into "my columbia law"? if you are, you might want to log off first

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

If I log off, it does give me the option to enter a pin. Does it give you the option to enter a pin when you're logged in, Lavitz? Or were you logged out?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:50 pm

spyke123 wrote:Are you logged into "my columbia law"? if you are, you might want to log off first

Yeah, I was actually wrong. You need to be logged out first. I logged in and tried and got the same message.

ETA: And while I suppose we could spend the rest of the night trying to get people with auto-admit numbers to try and get to that screen while logged into My Columbia Law, the whole point of the new PIN system is to make sure people don't find out their status via loopholes. I highly doubt Columbia would create another glitch for us to exploit. I don't think we should read into anything; let's just sit tight.
Last edited by Lavitz on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby trojandave » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Lavitz wrote:
spyke123 wrote:Are you logged into "my columbia law"? if you are, you might want to log off first

Yeah, I was actually wrong. You need to be logged out first. I logged in and tried and got the same message.


Same. The pin thing must be what gives you access under your account. These guys are good...

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:56 pm

Okay, sorry for the false alarm. :oops:

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Yukos » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:03 am

I love the lengths Columbia goes to to make sure people can only find out if they were accepted in the slowest manner possible.

J90
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby J90 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:23 am

I thought I'd try to scope it out for you guys, but the ED admissions letters don't include a PIN.

One interesting excerpt from the ED letter, though:
"We anticipate that almost 7,000 students will apply for the approximately 365 spaces in our entering class."
As far as I know, that's a smaller class size than in past years... wasn't it above 400?

Outside of that, the ED admits shouldn't have any other material until early February, so you guys may have a packet/VCE long before I do haha.

bbsg
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bbsg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:30 am

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:When you say you need a pin number... do you mean you enter that on the admitted students website page? Because on my page there's no place to enter a pin...

https://web.law.columbia.edu/admissions ... d/activate

Yea :? on that page there's no place for me to enter a pin. It just says "You are not authorized to access this page."

If you're seeing something asking you to enter a pin, I'd imagine it means you've been admitted...


It asks me to enter a pin and I haven't gone complete yet. Definitely just has to do with whether you're logged in to MyColumbia or not.

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HankBashir » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:36 am

J90 wrote:I thought I'd try to scope it out for you guys, but the ED admissions letters don't include a PIN.

One interesting excerpt from the ED letter, though:
"We anticipate that almost 7,000 students will apply for the approximately 365 spaces in our entering class."
As far as I know, that's a smaller class size than in past years... wasn't it above 400?

Outside of that, the ED admits shouldn't have any other material until early February, so you guys may have a packet/VCE long before I do haha.


For the class of 2015, 368 matriculated. However, on the official LSAC data sheet (not sure which year that's from), they have a matriculating class of 406, so it seems like class sizes are shrinking. Not too much of a surprise with the decreasing number of applicants.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Yukos » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:36 am

J90 wrote:I thought I'd try to scope it out for you guys, but the ED admissions letters don't include a PIN.

One interesting excerpt from the ED letter, though:
"We anticipate that almost 7,000 students will apply for the approximately 365 spaces in our entering class."
As far as I know, that's a smaller class size than in past years... wasn't it above 400?

Outside of that, the ED admits shouldn't have any other material until early February, so you guys may have a packet/VCE long before I do haha.


According to the app super spreadsheet thing that ShadowofJazz made, Class of 2014 was over 400 but Class of 2015 was down to 368.

J90
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby J90 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:39 am

Yukos wrote:
J90 wrote:I thought I'd try to scope it out for you guys, but the ED admissions letters don't include a PIN.

One interesting excerpt from the ED letter, though:
"We anticipate that almost 7,000 students will apply for the approximately 365 spaces in our entering class."
As far as I know, that's a smaller class size than in past years... wasn't it above 400?

Outside of that, the ED admits shouldn't have any other material until early February, so you guys may have a packet/VCE long before I do haha.


According to the app super spreadsheet thing that ShadowofJazz made, Class of 2014 was over 400 but Class of 2015 was down to 368.


Got it. So it's staying fairly steady, then! Cool!

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby spyke123 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:58 am

Woah, for some reason I thought cls had a much bigger class.. 368 just sounds awfully small..

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:42 am

spyke123 wrote:Woah, for some reason I thought cls had a much bigger class.. 368 just sounds awfully small..

Really? I think it sounds just right: roughly 180 more than Chicago and 180 less than Harvard.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:56 pm

No NCEs so far today?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:58 pm

elterrible78 wrote:No NCEs so far today?

I was hoping you were reporting one lol.

My mail doesn't usually come until after 2, but the first one last year was reported at 12:19. We should know soon.

Unfortunately, I'll be at the gym :x

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby grapefruits » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:14 pm

If lavitz doesn't get a NCE today, it's confirmed he drew a penis instead of writing the essay at the end of the LSAT.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:17 pm

grapefruits wrote:If lavitz doesn't get a NCE today, it's confirmed he drew a penis instead of writing the essay at the end of the LSAT.

Lol. I was actually the last person to leave my classroom because I took the writing sample seriously. And that was because I heard one of the faculty reviewers at Yale may pay attention to it.

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby amsong » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:22 pm

grapefruits wrote:If lavitz doesn't get a NCE today, it's confirmed he drew a penis instead of writing the essay at the end of the LSAT.


:?: Are you saying that a penis was not the credit response for this section?

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby grapefruits » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Lavitz wrote:
grapefruits wrote:If lavitz doesn't get a NCE today, it's confirmed he drew a penis instead of writing the essay at the end of the LSAT.

Lol. I was actually the last person to leave my classroom because I took the writing sample seriously. And that was because I heard one of the faculty reviewers at Yale may pay attention to it.



Wait, they let people leave early if they finished the writing sample early at your testing center, or am I missing something?
Last edited by grapefruits on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vzapana » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:29 pm

amsong wrote:
grapefruits wrote:If lavitz doesn't get a NCE today, it's confirmed he drew a penis instead of writing the essay at the end of the LSAT.


:?: Are you saying that a penis was not the credit response for this section?


It was if you wanted a 180

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Teflon_Don » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:31 pm

The VCEs will come early next week.

User avatar
broadstreet11
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby broadstreet11 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Teflon_Don wrote:The VCEs will come early next week.


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:38 pm

grapefruits wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
grapefruits wrote:If lavitz doesn't get a NCE today, it's confirmed he drew a penis instead of writing the essay at the end of the LSAT.

Lol. I was actually the last person to leave my classroom because I took the writing sample seriously. And that was because I heard one of the faculty reviewers at Yale may pay attention to it.



Wait, they let people leave early if they finished the writing sample early at your testing center, or am I missing something?

Yes, they did...

Never even realized that was unusual until now :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: proteinshake, sethnoorzad and 24 guests