Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:25 pm

cwid1391 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
Aha- WoW. Did you guys put that on your resume? :wink:


Do you think Columbia would count my stint as a guild leader as relevant leadership experience?



is butter a carb? yes.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby trojandave » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:28 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
Aha- WoW. Did you guys put that on your resume? :wink:


Do you think Columbia would count my stint as a guild leader as relevant leadership experience?



is butter a carb? yes.


I love how this is a common sense question to you and I'm scratching my head thinking, "really?? But there's no bread in it..."

Edit: Nevermind, I googled it. Gotta catch up on my chick flicks. Also gotta eat more butter

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 02889 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:38 pm

trojandave wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
Aha- WoW. Did you guys put that on your resume? :wink:


Do you think Columbia would count my stint as a guild leader as relevant leadership experience?



is butter a carb? yes.


I love how this is a common sense question to you and I'm scratching my head thinking, "really?? But there's no bread in it..."

Edit: Nevermind, I googled it. Gotta catch up on my chick flicks. Also gotta eat more butter

Mean Girls is not a chick flick. It's a perfect movie, above classification.

:mrgreen:

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:46 pm

trojandave wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
Aha- WoW. Did you guys put that on your resume? :wink:


Do you think Columbia would count my stint as a guild leader as relevant leadership experience?



is butter a carb? yes.


I love how this is a common sense question to you and I'm scratching my head thinking, "really?? But there's no bread in it..."

Edit: Nevermind, I googled it. Gotta catch up on my chick flicks. Also gotta eat more butter



:roll: :wink:

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby amsong » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Dear Columbia:

Image

User avatar
Emmie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Emmie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:05 pm

So I just got an email requesting me to email my fall term grades and send in an official transcript asap for consideration. Does this mean I won't be hearing back soon? :(

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Emmie wrote:So I just got an email requesting me to email my fall term grades and send in an official transcript asap for consideration. Does this mean I won't be hearing back soon? :(


Definitely will not be hearing back until you send them your official transcript...

User avatar
TexasAggie13
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TexasAggie13 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Emmie wrote:So I just got an email requesting me to email my fall term grades and send in an official transcript asap for consideration. Does this mean I won't be hearing back soon? :(


Just got this as well. I am thinking this means we are going to have a bit of a wait in front of us, but on the plus side I don't think they would have sent the email unless they were at least somewhat interested. I hope anyway ha.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby cwid1391 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:08 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Emmie wrote:So I just got an email requesting me to email my fall term grades and send in an official transcript asap for consideration. Does this mean I won't be hearing back soon? :(


Definitely will not be hearing back until you send them your official transcript...


On the bright side, it means you aren't auto-ding worthy.

User avatar
Lighthouseman
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lighthouseman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:27 pm

Got the same email today. They did say you can send in your grades via email, while subsequently requesting a transcript to LSAC. Do you manually have to send in a new LSAC report in order for them to get the updated grades, or does LSAC send out your new report to all schools regardless?

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby toothbrush » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:29 pm

Emmie wrote:So I just got an email requesting me to email my fall term grades and send in an official transcript asap for consideration. Does this mean I won't be hearing back soon? :(

that's strange w your numbers IMO

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Volforlife » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Lighthouseman wrote:Got the same email today. They did say you can send in your grades via email, while subsequently requesting a transcript to LSAC. Do you manually have to send in a new LSAC report in order for them to get the updated grades, or does LSAC send out your new report to all schools regardless?


I recently updated my transcript with LSAC and called them to asked this same question. They said they automatically update your schools within 24hours of receiving your updated transcript. I received a notification that they had received my transcript yesterday, but I'm still calling Columbia tomorrow to make sure they got an updated transcript from LSAC.

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Volforlife » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks Worm! Turns out LSAC sent Columbia my transcript update yesterday, but I still got the email request for fall grades today.

huh???

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Audeamus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 pm

cwid1391 wrote:
UtilityMonster wrote:
I wonder how many of us were immersed in the lands of the Eastern Kingdom so many years ago...

I hail from Elwynn Forest myself.


I'd still be immersed if I had the time. I wish gold farming were still profitable. I could just skip law school.


+1 from a night elf rogue

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9645
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Audeamus wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:
UtilityMonster wrote:
I wonder how many of us were immersed in the lands of the Eastern Kingdom so many years ago...

I hail from Elwynn Forest myself.


I'd still be immersed if I had the time. I wish gold farming were still profitable. I could just skip law school.


+1 from a night elf rogue


This thread is really going off the deep end. I really do hope playing video games isn't a prerequisite for admission.

EDIT: this is what happens, Columbia, when you are literally the last law school to release RD decisions.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby toothbrush » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:52 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
Audeamus wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:
UtilityMonster wrote:
I wonder how many of us were immersed in the lands of the Eastern Kingdom so many years ago...

I hail from Elwynn Forest myself.


I'd still be immersed if I had the time. I wish gold farming were still profitable. I could just skip law school.


+1 from a night elf rogue


This thread is really going off the deep end. I really do hope playing video games isn't a prerequisite for admission.

EDIT: this is what happens, Columbia, when you are literally the last law school to release RD decisions.

I used to go off the deep end with my female night elf druid and go into the swimming form.

I'm male irl btw.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:00 pm

I've heard from guys who play female characters in games that if they have to stare at one ass for hours they'd rather stare at a chick's ass. I guess that's a pretty compelling argument, but I still find it weird.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:04 pm

I was wondering if anyone here wrote a why CLS with an emphasis on their joint degree with LSE? (3 year for a JD from CLS & LLM from LSE)

Thanks!

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby cwid1391 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:19 pm

JayJones78 wrote:I was wondering if anyone here wrote a why CLS with an emphasis on their joint degree with LSE? (3 year for a JD from CLS & LLM from LSE)

Thanks!


Get out of here with your actual questions. Didn't you get the memo that this was a WoW forum now?

In actuality, I have no idea.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:26 pm

cwid1391 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I was wondering if anyone here wrote a why CLS with an emphasis on their joint degree with LSE? (3 year for a JD from CLS & LLM from LSE)

Thanks!


Get out of here with your actual questions. Didn't you get the memo that this was a WoW forum now?

In actuality, I have no idea.


Thanks 8)
I just found out about this partnership today. It used to be a USC/LSE dual degree

oscar11cheelsea
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:55 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby oscar11cheelsea » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:41 pm

checking in, submitted 1/12, hoping to not wait as long as u guys have been, doesn't appear to be funl. Should I be worried that I haven't gone complete yet or I'm being demanding and stupid? Thanks

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:42 pm

oscar11cheelsea wrote:checking in, submitted 1/12, hoping to not wait as long as u guys have been, doesn't appear to be funl. Should I be worried that I haven't gone complete yet or I'm being demanding and stupid? Thanks


I took 2 months to go complete.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:47 pm

jbagelboy wrote:This thread is really going off the deep end. I really do hope playing video games is a prerequisite for admission.

FTFM

And I hope Banjo and I get bonus points for having video game character TLS usernames.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wert3813 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Lavitz wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:This thread is really going off the deep end. I really do hope playing video games is a prerequisite for admission.

FTFM

And I hope Banjo and I get bonus points for having video game character TLS usernames.


The synergy between Banjo's TLS and LSN names wins.

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:12 pm

wert3813 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:This thread is really going off the deep end. I really do hope playing video games is a prerequisite for admission.

FTFM

And I hope Banjo and I get bonus points for having video game character TLS usernames.


The synergy between Banjo's TLS and LSN names wins.



i agree. i saw it and loved it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, fattsdomino, NorthDragon and 15 guests