Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby grapefruits » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Forgive me of this has been addressed already, I only ever use TLS on my phone and I don't have the patience to check through every page. If I'm RD, submitted mid-Nov and haven't gotten so much as a request for an interview, should I expect to just never get one and be dinged, or is this normal?

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:50 pm

i think not getting an interview is not considered enough to imply getting dinged.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:01 pm

grapefruits wrote:Forgive me of this has been addressed already, I only ever use TLS on my phone and I don't have the patience to check through every page. If I'm RD, submitted mid-Nov and haven't gotten so much as a request for an interview, should I expect to just never get one and be dinged, or is this normal?


We have somewhat similar stats; I'm also RD, submitted november, no interview request yet. As of last week I was still operating under the tenuous assumption that they had not reached November applicants yet since only sept and oct applicants had been solicited. however I'm pretty sure at this point this is no longer case. Our numbers are not auto-reject in this cycle, so getting an interview can't be the only sign that one has a shot in my opinion.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:07 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
grapefruits wrote:Forgive me of this has been addressed already, I only ever use TLS on my phone and I don't have the patience to check through every page. If I'm RD, submitted mid-Nov and haven't gotten so much as a request for an interview, should I expect to just never get one and be dinged, or is this normal?


We have somewhat similar stats; I'm also RD, submitted november, no interview request yet. As of last week I was still operating under the tenuous assumption that they had not reached November applicants yet since only sept and oct applicants had been solicited. however I'm pretty sure at this point this is no longer case. Our numbers are not auto-reject in this cycle, so getting an interview can't be the only sign that one has a shot in my opinion.


I'm a 175, 3.72, submitted in October and have not received an interview request. I'm assuming waitlist

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby curious66 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:i think not getting an interview is not considered enough to imply getting dinged.


Chicago Admissions said that Interviews are optional.. not a requirement and apparently it is not held against you if you are not invited for an interview. The lady at admissions went as far as saying that they often interview candidates to get clarification on a particular piece of the application. That said, all the ED applicants did get one.

It will be interesting to see in a few months if any of us RD folks that did not get an interview actually get accepted.

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wisteria » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:18 pm

grapefruits wrote:Forgive me of this has been addressed already, I only ever use TLS on my phone and I don't have the patience to check through every page. If I'm RD, submitted mid-Nov and haven't gotten so much as a request for an interview, should I expect to just never get one and be dinged, or is this normal?


Did you even go under review? I submitted mid-Nov too, went complete on 12/5, and I'm not even under review. So I'm not expecting anything until they actually read my file.

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby grapefruits » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:20 pm

wisteria wrote:
grapefruits wrote:Forgive me of this has been addressed already, I only ever use TLS on my phone and I don't have the patience to check through every page. If I'm RD, submitted mid-Nov and haven't gotten so much as a request for an interview, should I expect to just never get one and be dinged, or is this normal?


Did you even go under review? I submitted mid-Nov too, went complete on 12/5, and I'm not even under review. So I'm not expecting anything until they actually read my file.


I went UR on 1/9. Really trying to pretend that it's a good thing.

ETA: I also listed almost 20 schools for the "where are you applying" question. Didn't apply to nearly that many. Feel like it definitely hurt though. Also listed usnwr as one of the reasons I applied. Really hate myself.
Last edited by grapefruits on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:24 pm

I have been following this thread neurotically and to my knowledge no one who went UR after the new year has received an invitation to interview. I'm UR 1/3, so I'm hoping that turns out to be correct.

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby chickpea » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:26 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:I have been following this thread neurotically and to my knowledge no one who went UR after the new year has received an invitation to interview. I'm UR 1/3, so I'm hoping that turns out to be correct.


Also UR 1/3, also hoping this is correct.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 pm

grapefruits wrote:
wisteria wrote:
grapefruits wrote:Forgive me of this has been addressed already, I only ever use TLS on my phone and I don't have the patience to check through every page. If I'm RD, submitted mid-Nov and haven't gotten so much as a request for an interview, should I expect to just never get one and be dinged, or is this normal?


Did you even go under review? I submitted mid-Nov too, went complete on 12/5, and I'm not even under review. So I'm not expecting anything until they actually read my file.


I went UR on 1/9. Really trying to pretend that it's a good thing.

ETA: I also listed almost 20 schools for the "where are you applying" question. Didn't apply to nearly that many. Feel like it definitely hurt though. Also listed usnwr as one of the reasons I applied. Really hate myself.


lol. yea no offense but thats.. no good. I mentioned fewer schools than I actually applied to. on the bright side, I doubt it will actually have that much tangible impact on your application. no worries.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:29 pm

are any RD with auto-admit or near numbers who applied earlier not been invited to a interview? this should answer the question regarding whether all applicants are being interviewed in the rd pool or not.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:30 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
grapefruits wrote:
wisteria wrote:
grapefruits wrote:Forgive me of this has been addressed already, I only ever use TLS on my phone and I don't have the patience to check through every page. If I'm RD, submitted mid-Nov and haven't gotten so much as a request for an interview, should I expect to just never get one and be dinged, or is this normal?


Did you even go under review? I submitted mid-Nov too, went complete on 12/5, and I'm not even under review. So I'm not expecting anything until they actually read my file.


I went UR on 1/9. Really trying to pretend that it's a good thing.

ETA: I also listed almost 20 schools for the "where are you applying" question. Didn't apply to nearly that many. Feel like it definitely hurt though. Also listed usnwr as one of the reasons I applied. Really hate myself.


lol. yea no offense but thats.. no good. I mentioned fewer schools than I actually applied to. on the bright side, I doubt it will actually have that much tangible impact on your application. no worries.


I didn't answer that question for any school

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Audeamus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:57 pm

grapefruits wrote:
wisteria wrote:
grapefruits wrote:Forgive me of this has been addressed already, I only ever use TLS on my phone and I don't have the patience to check through every page. If I'm RD, submitted mid-Nov and haven't gotten so much as a request for an interview, should I expect to just never get one and be dinged, or is this normal?


Did you even go under review? I submitted mid-Nov too, went complete on 12/5, and I'm not even under review. So I'm not expecting anything until they actually read my file.


I went UR on 1/9. Really trying to pretend that it's a good thing.

ETA: I also listed almost 20 schools for the "where are you applying" question. Didn't apply to nearly that many. Feel like it definitely hurt though. Also listed usnwr as one of the reasons I applied. Really hate myself.


I don't think listing USNWR as one of the reasons you applied will hurt you in the slightest. Admissions reps know that applicants consider rankings, and I suspect they call B.S. on any applicant who claims USNWR had nothing to do with where he or she applied.

User avatar
TexasAggie13
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TexasAggie13 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:33 am

Complete 11/15 still not UR. Boo.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:16 am

On Tuesday this thread will be crazy....

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Yukos » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:On Tuesday this thread will be crazy....


They should just unload everything on Tuesday. One-hundred percent of the acceptances, dings and waitlists in 24 hours would be epic.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:18 pm

Yukos wrote:
Anonymous4444 wrote:On Tuesday this thread will be crazy....


They should just unload everything on Tuesday. One-hundred percent of the acceptances, dings and waitlists in 24 hours would be epic.


This would actually be really cool. Any precedent for something like this?

harvardboy24
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby harvardboy24 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm 3.97, 171 went complete 12/7. Have heard nothing since.... What does this mean?

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vzapana » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:37 pm

harvardboy24 wrote:I'm 3.97, 171 went complete 12/7. Have heard nothing since.... What does this mean?


nothing - they haven't gotten to the december apps.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:44 pm

It means u won't be hearing back for a while

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Big Dog » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:51 pm

I don't think listing USNWR as one of the reasons you applied will hurt you in the slightest.


I disagree.

Admissions reps know that applicants consider rankings, and I suspect they call B.S. on any applicant who claims USNWR had nothing to do with where he or she applied.


Yes, but the question is clearly a chance to report, 'Why Chicago?' Chicago has a small class, and like all top law schools, cares about yield. And if ranking is the ONLY reason for applying, the adcom will know (with near certainty), that such applicant will choose any other, higher ranked school.

btw: Academics just hate, HATE, USNews' ranking. Yes, they know it is important, but they hate it all the same. If you were an adcom, and that is the only/primary reason given for reading an app, would you give it serious consideration?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Big Dog wrote:
I don't think listing USNWR as one of the reasons you applied will hurt you in the slightest.


I disagree.

Admissions reps know that applicants consider rankings, and I suspect they call B.S. on any applicant who claims USNWR had nothing to do with where he or she applied.


Yes, but the question is clearly a chance to report, 'Why Chicago?' Chicago has a small class, and like all top law schools, cares about yield. And if ranking is the ONLY reason for applying, the adcom will know (with near certainty), that such applicant will choose any other, higher ranked school.

btw: Academics just hate, HATE, USNews' ranking. Yes, they know it is important, but they hate it all the same. If you were an adcom, and that is the only/primary reason given for reading an app, would you give it serious consideration?

What Big Dog said.

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Audeamus » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:10 pm

shntn wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
I don't think listing USNWR as one of the reasons you applied will hurt you in the slightest.


I disagree.

Admissions reps know that applicants consider rankings, and I suspect they call B.S. on any applicant who claims USNWR had nothing to do with where he or she applied.


Yes, but the question is clearly a chance to report, 'Why Chicago?' Chicago has a small class, and like all top law schools, cares about yield. And if ranking is the ONLY reason for applying, the adcom will know (with near certainty), that such applicant will choose any other, higher ranked school.

btw: Academics just hate, HATE, USNews' ranking. Yes, they know it is important, but they hate it all the same. If you were an adcom, and that is the only/primary reason given for reading an app, would you give it serious consideration?

What Big Dog said.



Whoa whoa whoa. I was under the impressions we were talking about listing listing USNWR as one of several reasons for applying. If it's the only reason someone puts then, yeah, that is likely a problem. But checking it among others? I think that is just honest.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 pm

Is it weird that I was upset that Monday is a holiday bec id rather here back from schools and be at work than stay home?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:Is it weird that I was upset that Monday is a holiday bec id rather here back from schools and be at work than stay home?

Yep.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hopes&dreams, Lmorina126, mav1993, mecooper08, tinafeyclone, yuppitsme and 14 guests