Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Spritzpiggy
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Spritzpiggy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:29 pm

When you go can you please tell Chicago to send some love my way. Kthxbye

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Eichörnchen » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:34 pm

bobr wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
Crowing wrote:For those who have interviewed - should I wear headphones? I kind of feel like that would look a little goofy, but I'm not really familiar with Skype and I'm worried that if I use speakers there might be an echo through the mic (interviewer hearing him/herself).


I didn't use them, and it worked out just fine. I did use an external mic, however.


+1

Very pleasant 21-22 min. No need to be stressed. Good luck everyone!

+1

Just finished my interview. It lasted 20 minutes exactly and the woman was really cool. Not at all high pressure. :)

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Interviewed and already back to UR status - the interview site claims that decisions are going to be rendered by completion dates and not interview dates, so I'm hoping to hear something relatively soon as an early submitter despite being in the second interview group.

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby PopTorts13 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:58 pm

University of Chicago Law School>

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:04 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:University of Chicago Law School>


truth

User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Vincent » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Interview request came in. I'm scared.

User avatar
Spritzpiggy
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Spritzpiggy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Awesome! Just now?! Man I thought I had weekend freedom now that 5 hit. Do tell more (stats, submitted date, etc)

User avatar
vividviolin
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vividviolin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Also interview requested just now...went complete 10/23, stats in profile.

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wisteria » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:37 pm

So they are still on Oct files? Oh this is going to be a loooooooong wait.

User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Vincent » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:39 pm

wisteria wrote:So they are still on Oct files? Oh this is going to be a loooooooong wait.


I went complete on 10/22; if they're going chronologically they might be almost done with October.

User avatar
Spritzpiggy
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Spritzpiggy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Wow.... I didnt go complete until 11/26. This is just....disheartening.

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby chickpea » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:58 pm

Complete 1/3...

bailey8078
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bailey8078 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Just updated to today... I wish it meant something

one_by_one
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby one_by_one » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:04 pm

bailey8078 wrote:Just updated to today... I wish it meant something


Same

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Also invited to interview, borderline applicant here.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Yukos » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:57 pm

CW is RD acceptances begin Monday right? And it's phone calls?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bernaldiaz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:00 pm

I read back a few pages but didn't see anything, does anyone know if Chicago makes their scholarship offers with their decisions or if they come some time after?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:08 pm

Yukos wrote:CW is RD acceptances begin Monday right? And it's phone calls?

No idea. Will probably hopefully be sometime next week but I don't think they'll be ready by Monday. And since they e-mailed the ED admits this year instead of calling them, they may just be doing all e-mails this year.

bernaldiaz wrote:I read back a few pages but didn't see anything, does anyone know if Chicago makes their scholarship offers with their decisions or if they come some time after?

No offers with acceptances but Ruby e-mails were sent around February 3rd last year. Other scholarship info comes later.

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby clouded.memory » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:56 am

Just received an invite to interview today. Does anyone know if it's possible to reschedule an interview once you've chosen a date and time?

User avatar
tsr92
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:52 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby tsr92 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:06 am

clouded.memory wrote:Just received an invite to interview today. Does anyone know if it's possible to reschedule an interview once you've chosen a date and time?


Once you sign up for an interview, they e-mail you with details and a link where you can reschedule up to 24 hours before the interview.

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby clouded.memory » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:12 am

tsr92 wrote:
clouded.memory wrote:Just received an invite to interview today. Does anyone know if it's possible to reschedule an interview once you've chosen a date and time?


Once you sign up for an interview, they e-mail you with details and a link where you can reschedule up to 24 hours before the interview.

Thank you!

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Isn't it possible for us to calculate the total number of interviews (RD only) Chicago is offering? I don't see why this would be hard, all we need is (from looking at their interview portal):

1. First day they started interviews (after all ED decisions) where released, I don't know the answer to this;
2. Last day they do interviews - I'm looking at the portal now and it looks like February 28th is the last day; and
3. Total interview slots per day (there only seem to be about 5 interviews offered per day, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

After we know the number of days and interviews per day, finding the total interviews offered is easy. Comparing this to the estimated number of applicants would then show how selective they are with interviews, and how good of a sign being interviewed really is).

Someone stop me if I'm wrong here...

Just
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Just » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:36 pm

one_by_one wrote:
bailey8078 wrote:Just updated to today... I wish it meant something


Same


updated to 1/11, interviewed on 1/8, went back to under review after that.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Yukos » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:42 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:Isn't it possible for us to calculate the total number of interviews (RD only) Chicago is offering? I don't see why this would be hard, all we need is (from looking at their interview portal):

1. First day they started interviews (after all ED decisions) where released, I don't know the answer to this;
2. Last day they do interviews - I'm looking at the portal now and it looks like February 28th is the last day; and
3. Total interview slots per day (there only seem to be about 5 interviews offered per day, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

After we know the number of days and interviews per day, finding the total interviews offered is easy. Comparing this to the estimated number of applicants would then show how selective they are with interviews, and how good of a sign being interviewed really is).

Someone stop me if I'm wrong here...


1) Many RD applicants interviewed before ED decisions were released.
2) Do they interview literally every day of the week? Do they have the same amount of slots open every single day?
3) No guarantee all five slots are taken everyday.

I think there's way too many variables to get a decent number this way. As unscientific as it is, we just have to try to infer what they're looking for based on the spreadsheet and, SoonTM, on the acceptances.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Last night I had a dream that Chicago didn't offer me an interview, so I thought it would be a good idea to show up at the Dean of Admission's house - just to, you know, say hi.

When I get there, she invites me in and tells me that her husband was just about to leave for a ski trip, and that I should join him. After all, we're old friends, right? :P So I take a ski trip with the husband.

As we're riding up the chairlifts, the husband is interviewing me regarding why I want to go to law school, why Chicago, mistakes that I made in my application (in my dream, there were lots of such mistakes, and he seemed to know them all by heart!)

FInally, when the day is over, and we're exhausted, walking back to the vehicles, the husband tells me: "You know, you're not getting into Chicago."

Terrible. How do I come up with these scenarios in my head?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”