Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LRGhost » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:20 pm

For the WL essay, mine is about one and a quarter pages single spaced. It says up to two pages. Does this mean single or double spaced? I tried calling admissions but it's just a recording and the person at main number listed said that she wouldn't know but would transfer me to admissions. Very helpful people but unfortunately I just couldn't get an answer :/

kdb
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kdb » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:48 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
intlsplitr wrote:
account1 wrote:Any UR1 3/29's hear back yet?


No. Nothing.


Around when did 3/29 UR1s go complete? Still sitting at complete; I'm guessing I've got a while to wait..



1/4. Is it worth calling admissions?

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ht2988 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Just sent in my WL essay... Hope it's not too late, as they didn't specify a time for the 4/15 deadline. Also, what did folks think about the 2-page limit: single or double-spaced? I was almost 2 spaces single spaced, and submitted after 5 pm. I'm probably screwed.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9651
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:40 pm

So.. how much pressure is appropriate for the scholarship review process? Do I call/harass more or will that definitely be counterproductive? I haven't received word on my review and my deadlines are a passin'

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LRGhost » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:49 pm

ht2988 wrote:Just sent in my WL essay... Hope it's not too late, as they didn't specify a time for the 4/15 deadline. Also, what did folks think about the 2-page limit: single or double-spaced? I was almost 2 spaces single spaced, and submitted after 5 pm. I'm probably screwed.


I did single space at about one and a quarter pages, maybe a bit more? Submitted around 1:30pm CST but no acknowledgement yet. :/

User avatar
cws277
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby cws277 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:04 pm

I just did two pages double-spaced, which is what I did for my personal statement. When in doubt, I always double space.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby toothbrush » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:46 am

toothbrush wrote:I submitted 1/08 and haven't heard ANYTHING from uChi . I don't follow this thread at all but they're my last school and I'm expecting a wl/ ding. Is this abnormal? Is Chicago behind or something?

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JXander » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:25 am

toothbrush wrote:
toothbrush wrote:I submitted 1/08 and haven't heard ANYTHING from uChi . I don't follow this thread at all but they're my last school and I'm expecting a wl/ ding. Is this abnormal? Is Chicago behind or something?

Chicago is most likely behind. I would hope for a WL at this point, because their deposit deadline is in exactly two weeks from today.

account1
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby account1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Jan appl completes, I calld today and asked whether r not there was a definitive/estimated date to hear back with decision. Was rudely directed to the faq (6-8wks or longer..lol after review)...was told "we just started pulling the jan applications". My translation=they just started formally reviewing the jan appls they decided they didn't want upfront....oh well, the wait continues...

(Complete 1/4->3/29 UR1)

User avatar
untar614
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby untar614 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:37 pm

So I emailed UChi early yestarday. Didn't write out an essay as I discussed extensively my interest during the interview and felt it would be redundant. Instead, I just sent an email with 1 paragraph summarizing what was discussed and reaffirming my interest. Got an email back today stating my "essay" had been added to my file (quotations mine). Lol, not really what I was going for. Hope they don't think that was an actual attempt at a 2-page essay and I just suck at writing. womp.

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bluecouch » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Ha! I sent a cover letter and essay in separate PDFs, and I was informed (a little testily) that they had compiled my separate documents into one PDF, and it had been added to my file. Oh well

User avatar
emzizzle
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby emzizzle » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:37 pm

account1 wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
intlsplitr wrote:
account1 wrote:Any UR1 3/29's hear back yet?


No. Nothing.


Around when did 3/29 UR1s go complete? Still sitting at complete; I'm guessing I've got a while to wait..


1/4


Also 1/4... Still nothing. Chicago is the last school I'm waiting to hear from. Argh.

kdb
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kdb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:05 pm

account1 wrote:Jan appl completes, I calld today and asked whether r not there was a definitive/estimated date to hear back with decision. Was rudely directed to the faq (6-8wks or longer..lol after review)...was told "we just started pulling the jan applications". My translation=they just started formally reviewing the jan appls they decided they didn't want upfront....oh well, the wait continues...

(Complete 1/4->3/29 UR1)


Boy, I'm glad I didn't call. Thanks for taking the heat for the rest of us. For all those waiting, what are you doing about other school deposit deadlines?

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nba101790 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:06 pm

I received an equally curt, if not rude, email when I inquired last week. Complete 1/30, no movement since.

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JXander » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:29 pm

nba101790 wrote:I received an equally curt, if not rude, email when I inquired last week. Complete 1/30, no movement since.

That is probably because other justifiably frustrated applicants have been throwing the impatient emails their way.

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nba101790 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:59 pm

UR 1 today...

kdb
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kdb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:00 pm

UR2 4/17

aja8576
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby aja8576 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:08 pm

UR1 today. Complete 1/30.

User avatar
intlsplitr
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby intlsplitr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:35 pm

kdb wrote:UR2 4/17


What was your UR1 date?

kdb
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kdb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:42 pm

intlsplitr wrote:
kdb wrote:UR2 4/17


What was your UR1 date?


3/29, originally complete 1/4, I think

Intrigue
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Intrigue » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Was accepted a few months ago. Pretty much decided on depositing at Chicago. ASW was excellent. :lol:

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JXander » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:49 pm

For a second, I actually read my current status as "Application Finally Under Review." :roll:

Complete 1/31.

User avatar
emzizzle
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby emzizzle » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 pm

kdb wrote:
intlsplitr wrote:
kdb wrote:UR2 4/17


What was your UR1 date?


3/29, originally complete 1/4, I think


I have the exact same stats. Complete 1/4, UR1 3/29, UR2 4/17.

Does this mean we'll finally be getting a decision??

kdb
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kdb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:08 pm

emzizzle wrote:
kdb wrote:
intlsplitr wrote:
kdb wrote:UR2 4/17


What was your UR1 date?


3/29, originally complete 1/4, I think


I have the exact same stats. Complete 1/4, UR1 3/29, UR2 4/17.

Does this mean we'll finally be getting a decision??


I hope so! Are you banking on Chicago, or do you plan to put down a deposit somewhere else? I am overwhelmed!

account1
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby account1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:27 pm

3/29, originally complete 1/4, I think[/quote]

I have the exact same stats. Complete 1/4, UR1 3/29, UR2 4/17.

Does this mean we'll finally be getting a decision??[/quote]



Oh Im excited to see u guys movement, I have same first 2 stats and waiting for my ur2....hopefully tomorrow!!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, doc b, Google Adsense [Bot], jer0689, joezze, patrickkpaul, spursforever and 12 guests