Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cws277
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby cws277 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:28 pm

Dr. Gaius Baltar wrote:
cws277 wrote:
I wonder if it depends on who conducted your interview. I did not interview with Dean Perry.



I didn't either, and mine went back under review the same day. I didn't check to see if it was within the hour though.

I hope you get in because of your avatar. :)


Very interesting - and thanks!

ETA: just noticed your name - I'm sure that we'd have much to discuss at Chicago if I get in!

Dr. Gaius Baltar
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Dr. Gaius Baltar » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:44 pm

cws277 wrote:
Dr. Gaius Baltar wrote:
cws277 wrote:
I wonder if it depends on who conducted your interview. I did not interview with Dean Perry.



I didn't either, and mine went back under review the same day. I didn't check to see if it was within the hour though.

I hope you get in because of your avatar. :)


Very interesting - and thanks!

ETA: just noticed your name - I'm sure that we'd have much to discuss at Chicago if I get in!


I believe that we do!

User avatar
Lar-ties
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lar-ties » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Under Review....finally.

Sent 1/2
Complete 1/15
UR 3/26

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananapudding88 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Complete 1/8 and still nothing. Clearly they plan on rejecting me without even reading my essays.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:38 pm

aiaea wrote:Complete 1/8 and still nothing. Clearly they plan on rejecting me without even reading my essays.


what makes you think they didn't read your essays? I'm sure they read them..

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:42 pm

aiaea wrote:Complete 1/8 and still nothing. Clearly they plan on rejecting me without even reading my essays.


This comes off as petty and immature.

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananapudding88 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:44 pm

petty? immature? i thought that if i didn't go UR it means they havent even picked up my application? Or very possible I just don't understand Chicago's review process....

User avatar
bosmer88
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bosmer88 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Hey,

I had my interview not too long ago. UR since 3/8, Complete 12/14. Was told they are trying to get a bunch of decisions out by the end of the month. It seems they are really trucking through those interviews, but seem a bit bogged down.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:04 pm

aiaea wrote:petty? immature? i thought that if i didn't go UR it means they havent even picked up my application? Or very possible I just don't understand Chicago's review process....


What makes you think that they wouldn't review your file if you applied by the deadline?

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby amsong » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:05 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
aiaea wrote:petty? immature? i thought that if i didn't go UR it means they havent even picked up my application? Or very possible I just don't understand Chicago's review process....


What makes you think that they wouldn't review your file if you applied by the deadline?


I think it was a hyperbolic statement.

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananapudding88 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:11 pm

amsong wrote:I think it was a hyperbolic statement.


YES.THANK.YOU. :D

User avatar
Scarlett66
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Scarlett66 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:36 pm

aiaea wrote:
amsong wrote:I think it was a hyperbolic statement.


YES.THANK.YOU. :D


Seriously, no need to be harsh, we all knew what she meant. I'm completely with you. I've been UR since 3/1 with no interview invite. I'm afraid they looked at my reverse splitter status and just set it down despite great softs. I wouldn't be surprised this late in the game. (Complete 12/12)

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Big Dog » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Complete 1/8 and still nothing.


Right there with you. (I'm taking the high road: they are saving the "best" for last. hahahahaha)

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananapudding88 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Big Dog wrote:
Complete 1/8 and still nothing.


Right there with you. (I'm taking the high road: they are saving the "best" for last. hahahahaha)


I like you :)

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:37 pm

UR2 - so exciting =)

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bluecouch » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Interviewed this morning, and my status was updated to today less than an hour after my interview. I also asked about when this next batch of applicants would hear, and my interviewer said by next Wednesday. Thanks to everyone who contributed to kappycaft1's interview thread. It was really helpful!

User avatar
Scarlett66
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Scarlett66 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:48 pm

UR2 3/27 this morning...
No interview invite, so I'm bracing myself to be dinged next Wednesday

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Scarlett66 wrote:UR2 3/27 this morning...
No interview invite, so I'm bracing myself to be dinged next Wednesday


If you don't get an interview invite soon after going UR2, is that bad news?

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bluecouch » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Scarlett66 wrote:UR2 3/27 this morning...
No interview invite, so I'm bracing myself to be dinged next Wednesday


If you don't get an interview invite soon after going UR2, is that bad news?


My current theory is that they are only interviewing marginal candidates since it is so late in the process. Under that theory, definite dings and definite admits are going to get decisions without the interview. FWIW, I went UR on 2/11, didn't get an invite until 3/21, and interviewed today.

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jselson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:01 pm

Also UR2 3/27. Don't know what it means, but glad to hear MOTM got the same. But whatever it means, pro-tip for future applicants: don't just list the other schools in the t14 under the "To which other schools did you apply?" question.

manti5
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby manti5 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:03 pm

UR2 today after UR1 in March

3.6 / 176

Never offered an interview.

Unsure of what to make of this.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby cwid1391 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:03 pm

jselson wrote:Also UR2 3/27. Don't know what it means, but glad to hear MOTM got the same. But whatever it means, pro-tip for future applicants: don't just list the other schools in the t14 under the "To which other schools did you apply?" question.


I don't think that's necessarily verified. I listed a few schools - both above, same tier, and below in ranking - and I got in. Several people in this thread have had similar experiences.

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jselson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:07 pm

cwid1391 wrote:
jselson wrote:Also UR2 3/27. Don't know what it means, but glad to hear MOTM got the same. But whatever it means, pro-tip for future applicants: don't just list the other schools in the t14 under the "To which other schools did you apply?" question.


I don't think that's necessarily verified. I listed a few schools - both above, same tier, and below in ranking - and I got in. Several people in this thread have had similar experiences.


What I mean is, I listed all and only of them. Cause I'm honest. And stupid.

And yeah I know it probably doesn't matter much.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:12 pm

jselson wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:
jselson wrote:Also UR2 3/27. Don't know what it means, but glad to hear MOTM got the same. But whatever it means, pro-tip for future applicants: don't just list the other schools in the t14 under the "To which other schools did you apply?" question.


I don't think that's necessarily verified. I listed a few schools - both above, same tier, and below in ranking - and I got in. Several people in this thread have had similar experiences.


What I mean is, I listed all and only of them. Cause I'm honest. And stupid.

And yeah I know it probably doesn't matter much.


Hmmm, I think they only use that question to see how you view yourself as an applicant comparatively.

But yeah, seems like a lot of movement to UR2 today, am I the only one of us who was UR1 on 3/17?

User avatar
Scarlett66
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Scarlett66 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:16 pm

jselson wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:
jselson wrote:Also UR2 3/27. Don't know what it means, but glad to hear MOTM got the same. But whatever it means, pro-tip for future applicants: don't just list the other schools in the t14 under the "To which other schools did you apply?" question.


I don't think that's necessarily verified. I listed a few schools - both above, same tier, and below in ranking - and I got in. Several people in this thread have had similar experiences.


What I mean is, I listed all and only of them. Cause I'm honest. And stupid.

And yeah I know it probably doesn't matter much.



I didn't list the schools for any of my applications. I thought if they thought you would go somewhere better they might not accept or may withhold good $$




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cfitz, hellohalo, hopes&dreams, Houzy, Rio123, shotgunheist and 18 guests