Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JXander » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:45 pm

CaptainLeela wrote:
JXander wrote:It's this crazy interview process... It's slowing them down immensely.


Get outta here with your "reasonable explanation" and "logic"

From what I understand, they have not been this slow in the past. This is the first cycle in which they have begun conducting interviews. They appear to be taking some time to evaluate each applicant both before and after the interviews. It is reasonable to assume that the interview process is causing some delays that they may not have had in past cycles.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9645
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:47 pm

JXander wrote:
CaptainLeela wrote:
JXander wrote:It's this crazy interview process... It's slowing them down immensely.


Get outta here with your "reasonable explanation" and "logic"

From what I understand, they have not been this slow in the past. This is the first cycle in which they have begun conducting interviews. They appear to be taking some time to evaluate each applicant both before and after the interviews. It is reasonable to assume that the interview process is causing some delays that they may not have had in past cycles.


Yes, exactly. "Reasonable explanation" and "logic".

iteachtenthgrade
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:44 pm

$60,000 in grants! Coolness :D

172/3.6, U of C alum

However, I'll likely be withdrawing soon to attend JSP at Berkeley, sadly. So $60,000 for someone else soon.

User avatar
TexasAggie13
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TexasAggie13 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Random question, does anybody know Chicago's policy about matching/negotiating scholarships? Just got my financial info and I'm curious, thanks!

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Emma. » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:01 pm

TexasAggie13 wrote:Random question, does anybody know Chicago's policy about matching/negotiating scholarships? Just got my financial info and I'm curious, thanks!


Never hurts to ask, especially if (a) you have higher scholarships at peer schools, and (b) you can do it without sounding entitled

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby cwid1391 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:10 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:$60,000 in grants! Coolness :D

172/3.6, U of C alum

However, I'll likely be withdrawing soon to attend JSP at Berkeley, sadly. So $60,000 for someone else soon.



That's awesome! That's what I'm hoping for. If I get $60,000+ I'll put down a deposit the next day.

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ssanonymous » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:30 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:$60,000 in grants! Coolness :D

172/3.6, U of C alum

However, I'll likely be withdrawing soon to attend JSP at Berkeley, sadly. So $60,000 for someone else soon.


JSP?

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Two terrible things happened this week. 1) I visited UChicago... and loved it. And 2) I got my financial aid package and it just isn't enough to compete with my other offers. :(

Time to break out the ol' negotiating skills and hope for the best or this guy won't be in Hyde Park next year. :|

orbotop
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby orbotop » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:03 pm

you can request a reconsideration. theyll ask you to submit other offers/information online. theyll review your case in late april (22-26). all this from the admitted student's website.

TexasAggie13 wrote:Random question, does anybody know Chicago's policy about matching/negotiating scholarships? Just got my financial info and I'm curious, thanks!

iteachtenthgrade
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:59 pm

ssanonymous wrote:
iteachtenthgrade wrote:$60,000 in grants! Coolness :D

172/3.6, U of C alum

However, I'll likely be withdrawing soon to attend JSP at Berkeley, sadly. So $60,000 for someone else soon.


JSP?


http://www.law.berkeley.edu/jsp.htm

Jurisprudence and Social Policy Ph.D at Boalt. It's the only Ph.D offered by an American law school. I'll also be getting my J.D. :D

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:57 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:
iteachtenthgrade wrote:$60,000 in grants! Coolness :D

172/3.6, U of C alum

However, I'll likely be withdrawing soon to attend JSP at Berkeley, sadly. So $60,000 for someone else soon.


JSP?


http://www.law.berkeley.edu/jsp.htm

Jurisprudence and Social Policy Ph.D at Boalt. It's the only Ph.D offered by an American law school. I'll also be getting my J.D. :D

I think Yale Law has a PhD program now.

Yep: http://www.law.yale.edu/graduate/PHD_program.htm

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Emma. » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:19 pm


User avatar
Aawaldrop
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Aawaldrop » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Went UR 3/1, I know I'm a long shot, but a blind squirrel finds a nut once and awhile.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:06 pm

I just went under review. Complete 1/23... I guess they didn't wanna hit the two month mark (or sleep at a reasonable hour)

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:34 am

so if we are UR 3/1 and still not interview invite as of today, 3/18, safe to assume we are waitlist or ding headed, right?

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:49 am

ManOfTheMinute wrote:I just went under review. Complete 1/23... I guess they didn't wanna hit the two month mark (or sleep at a reasonable hour)


I'm complete 1/24. Hopefully this means I go ur tomorrow.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LRGhost » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:22 am

az21833 wrote:so if we are UR 3/1 and still not interview invite as of today, 3/18, safe to assume we are waitlist or ding headed, right?


I think it's by submit or complete dates.

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Audeamus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:48 am

anyone else still complete from late Dec/early Jan?

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HankBashir » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:14 am

Audeamus wrote:anyone else still complete from late Dec/early Jan?


I'm still 1/16 complete, so slightly out of your frame

User avatar
Bowie_Nietzsche
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:57 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Bowie_Nietzsche » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 am

Complete 2/1; Under Review 3/17. There is still hope for us late submitters!

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JXander » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:40 am

Bowie_Nietzsche wrote:Complete 2/1; Under Review 3/17. There is still hope for us late submitters!

I was also complete 2/1. When was yours received?

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nba101790 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 am

Still 1/30 complete...

User avatar
Bowie_Nietzsche
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:57 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Bowie_Nietzsche » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:44 am

JXander wrote:
Bowie_Nietzsche wrote:Complete 2/1; Under Review 3/17. There is still hope for us late submitters!

I was also complete 2/1. When was yours received?


Sent 1/19; email confirmation of receipt 1/22.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:44 am

Still 1/25 complete...

User avatar
CaptainLeela
Posts: 4901
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CaptainLeela » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:47 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:Still 1/25 complete...


1/23....it was nice dreaming about Chicago while it lasted...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., fattsdomino, Keilz, lawcapture and 13 guests