Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WaitingandHopeful
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WaitingandHopeful » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Status changed to "invited for interview" but no email. I'm assuming it's on the way. Very excited.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:57 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ht2988 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Yay! Just got an invitation to interview... Thought they had passed over me after seeing others with my UR date receive invitations in the last batch.This invitation is a good sign, right?! :D
Last edited by ht2988 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Volforlife » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:13 pm

Status update yesterday after my interview and again today. Oh god, it's coming.

Goodman
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Goodman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:18 pm

I've been complete since 1/15. Getting nervous. Would an LOCI be premature at this point?

BlackadderIn
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BlackadderIn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm

I received my interview invitation on Feb 22. Scheduled and had it done on March 5th. Just checked the status checker now and saw that the status is "application under review" but the date is Feb 26. ??? what does this mean? that I was thrown "back"? Must be a bad sign, right? does anybody know? I was told in the invitation email that the decision should come tomorrow.

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Volforlife » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Goodman wrote:I've been complete since 1/15. Getting nervous. Would an LOCI be premature at this point?


Yep. I went complete in November, didn't go under review until January, and didn't get an interview invite until the last week of February. They are just running a little slow. Also, I think they explicitly say not to update your application (too lazy to cite).

Goodman
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Goodman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Volforlife wrote:
Goodman wrote:I've been complete since 1/15. Getting nervous. Would an LOCI be premature at this point?


Yep. I went complete in November, didn't go under review until January, and didn't get an interview invite until the last week of February. They are just running a little slow. Also, I think they explicitly say not to update your application (too lazy to cite).


Thanks. And back to waiting....

WaitingandHopeful
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WaitingandHopeful » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Do we have a rough idea of admit rate after interviews?

edit:nevermind, saw OP data

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby uconjak » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Has anyone got a missed phone call and had Unknown number from it and it turned out to be from Chicago? i have had 6 calls in the last 8 days all around Noon(+/- 1 hour) Midwest time.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:53 pm

uconjak wrote:Has anyone got a missed phone call and had Unknown number from it and it turned out to be from Chicago? i have had 6 calls in the last 8 days all around Noon(+/- 1 hour) Midwest time.


Chicago doesn't do phone calls as far as I know. (neither does Columbia to answer your question in the other thread)

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby uconjak » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:55 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
uconjak wrote:Has anyone got a missed phone call and had Unknown number from it and it turned out to be from Chicago? i have had 6 calls in the last 8 days all around Noon(+/- 1 hour) Midwest time.


Chicago doesn't do phone calls as far as I know. (neither does Columbia to answer your question in the other thread)


Thanks, this is driving me nuts!!

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Withdrew earlier today. Hope the spot and the money goes to one of you guys.

User avatar
davee817
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby davee817 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:57 pm

Interview invite today! :)

orbotop
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby orbotop » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:11 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Withdrew earlier today. Hope the spot and the money goes to one of you guys.


Youre one of the good ones, sir.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 04102014 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:33 pm

If they would just review my application, they would love me. I just know it!

Let me love you, Chicago.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:If they would just review my application, they would love me. I just know it!

Let me love you, Chicago.


+1

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jaqen » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Moneys! Grats all, but especially shntn and Eich. :mrgreen:

bernaldiaz wrote:Withdrew earlier today. Hope the spot and the money goes to one of you guys.


Ty. Good luck wherever you end up.

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jaqen » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:39 pm

applemaroon wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:Now that everyone should've had their interview, did anyone think she was cold and uninterested? I remember her yawning during mine.


WUT. Why make that assumption?


He probably just meant from the latest batch. ie Feb 15th-today

WalkingPlato
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WalkingPlato » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:42 pm

applemaroon wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:Now that everyone should've had their interview, did anyone think she was cold and uninterested? I remember her yawning during mine.


WUT. Why make that assumption?


I meant all the ones from my cycle (Feb 22 - March 7th, with decisions coming out around tomorrow). I waited till it was over so I don't reveal when my interview was in case an ad com person is reading. So, again, for those who interviewed, did Dean Perry seem distant, bored, and uninterested?

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:43 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:43 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:45 pm

WalkingPlato wrote:
applemaroon wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:Now that everyone should've had their interview, did anyone think she was cold and uninterested? I remember her yawning during mine.


WUT. Why make that assumption?


I meant all the ones from my cycle (Feb 22 - March 7th, with decisions coming out around tomorrow). I waited till it was over so I don't reveal when my interview was in case an ad com person is reading. So, again, for those who interviewed, did Dean Perry seem distant, bored, and uninterested?


She seemed the same way during mine and I got in. At NYU's ASW today, someone told me she did the same thing for them, and though the person didn't explicitly say so they seemed to have been admitted as well. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you thought your answers were up to par.
Last edited by LSATSCORES2012 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WalkingPlato
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WalkingPlato » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:46 pm

BlackadderIn wrote:I received my interview invitation on Feb 22. Scheduled and had it done on March 5th. Just checked the status checker now and saw that the status is "application under review" but the date is Feb 26. ??? what does this mean? that I was thrown "back"? Must be a bad sign, right? does anybody know? I was told in the invitation email that the decision should come tomorrow.


Hmm.. That's weird. Mine went back under review at the date of the interview.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Got my award letter from Chicago. $120k, which I am certainly pleased with. It does, however, make decision time a little harder.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”