Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LSATSCORES2012

Silver
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Lol, so it turns out my roommate's girlfriend ordered him a birthday gift and had it shipped to me because she lives in a sketchy neighborhood and didn't want it out on the street. I was soooo very confused, though.

User avatar
Lavitz

Gold
Posts: 3402
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 pm

banjo wrote:4) A few days after that you get a scholarship offer via email that will make all the RD admits jealous

Thanks for the details, but how sweet are we talking here? I didn't read that thread, but based on the few LSN profiles that were updated to reflect "Waitlist-->Accepted" it looks like the average was 30K, with one 75K and the aforementioned 105K. Even the 75K figure isn't going to be enough for me to change plans that late.

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:Lol, so it turns out my roommate's girlfriend ordered him a birthday gift and had it shipped to me because she lives in a sketchy neighborhood and didn't want it out on the street. I was soooo very confused, though.

Lucky guy. :wink:

User avatar
Dino_Spumoni

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Dino_Spumoni » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Because of interviews this year there will be a big pool of acceptances in March. So keep your hopes high! Also, tons of people got in off the waitlist last year. It's just how Chicago does things, so don't take offense. Good luck everyone! And come to ASW, if you can! :D

ht2988

Bronze
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ht2988 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Have any UR 2/11 (or around then) folks received an invitation to interview?

User avatar
bluecouch

Bronze
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bluecouch » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 pm

ht2988 wrote:Have any UR 2/11 (or around then) folks received an invitation to interview?


Nope... I am starting to get a little nervous...

User avatar
jbagelboy

Diamond
Posts: 10242
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:43 pm

bluecouch wrote:
ht2988 wrote:Have any UR 2/11 (or around then) folks received an invitation to interview?


Nope... I am starting to get a little nervous...


UR 1/31 no word yet. y'all better get in line :):)

User avatar
Micdiddy

Gold
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Micdiddy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:59 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
bluecouch wrote:
ht2988 wrote:Have any UR 2/11 (or around then) folks received an invitation to interview?


Nope... I am starting to get a little nervous...


UR 1/31 no word yet. y'all better get in line :):)


I'm still complete 1/24... :?

User avatar
Inconceivable!

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Inconceivable! » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
bluecouch wrote:
ht2988 wrote:Have any UR 2/11 (or around then) folks received an invitation to interview?


Nope... I am starting to get a little nervous...


UR 1/31 no word yet. y'all better get in line :):)


I'm still complete 1/24... :?



Still Complete 12/21...hoping to go under review by March...maybe :roll:

edamame

Bronze
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby edamame » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
bluecouch wrote:
ht2988 wrote:Have any UR 2/11 (or around then) folks received an invitation to interview?

Nope... I am starting to get a little nervous...


UR 1/31 no word yet. y'all better get in line :):)


I'm still complete 1/24... :?



Still Complete 12/21...hoping to go under review by March...maybe :roll:


Complete 12/15 - 12/20. Hang in there. (Didn't want to disclose my exact date).

mommalee

Bronze
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mommalee » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Complete 12/11 UR 2/19

edamame

Bronze
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby edamame » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:48 pm

mommalee wrote:Complete 12/11 UR 2/19


Yay! It's coming! :-)

gertie

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby gertie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am

Complete 1/17...

User avatar
Audeamus

Bronze
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Audeamus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 am

edamame wrote:Yay! It's coming! :-)


Your username makes me smile every time I see it. It also makes me hungry...

weye

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby weye » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:58 pm

So I just finished my interview (which was surprisingly pleasant). My interviewer didn't mention anything about when I might expect a decision, and from the looks of the thread, the wave they promised in "mid-February" is over. When might I be finding out?

MacB

Bronze
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MacB » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm

weye wrote:So I just finished my interview (which was surprisingly pleasant). My interviewer didn't mention anything about when I might expect a decision, and from the looks of the thread, the wave they promised in "mid-February" is over. When might I be finding out?


Judging by last year's activity and adjusting for the slight delay caused by the addition of the interviewing process, my guess would be second or third week in March.

ETA: Congrats on clearing that hurdle. I was quite relieved when mine was in the rear view. :)

broas

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby broas » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:43 pm

UR around 2/11. Haven't got an interview invite yet. But the date on my status checker updates today... Should I expect to be rejected...
Last edited by broas on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Crowing

Gold
Posts: 2633
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 pm

broas wrote:And how did ppl find out their interview invites?


e-mail

broas

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby broas » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Crowing wrote:
broas wrote:And how did ppl find out their interview invites?


e-mail


thank you I just found that out :)

User avatar
anarkali

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby anarkali » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:07 am

broas wrote:
Crowing wrote:
broas wrote:And how did ppl find out their interview invites?


e-mail


thank you I just found that out :)



Did you get an interview invite yesterday?

I also was UR 2/11 and then got an update yesterday.

broas

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby broas » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:53 pm

anarkali wrote:
broas wrote:
Crowing wrote:
broas wrote:And how did ppl find out their interview invites?


e-mail


thank you I just found that out :)



Did you get an interview invite yesterday?

I also was UR 2/11 and then got an update yesterday.


No I mean I just found out that they send invites via email. Haven't heard anything from UCHI yet. Sorry for being unclear.

PS. nice profile pic

User avatar
anarkali

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby anarkali » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:10 pm

broas wrote:

No I mean I just found out that they send invites via email. Haven't heard anything from UCHI yet. Sorry for being unclear.

PS. nice profile pic


Thanks, and no problem! With all of this waiting I start to overanalyze everything that people post here... Such as "What does that ' :D ' mean????"

vzapana

Silver
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vzapana » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:53 pm

HOLY SHIT I GOT A RUBY kdkwlzhbixks

wisteria

Bronze
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wisteria » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:57 pm

OMG~~~ Congratulations~~~~

User avatar
Lavitz

Gold
Posts: 3402
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:58 pm

vzapana wrote:HOLY SHIT I GOT A RUBY kdkwlzhbixks

Whoa, congrats!

User avatar
NoodleyOne

Gold
Posts: 2327
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:01 pm

vzapana wrote:HOLY SHIT I GOT A RUBY kdkwlzhbixks

WHOA!!!! Congrats!!!!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests