Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 04102014 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:27 pm

wisteria wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:I know this is a noob question, but how long after going complete can I expect to go under review?


complete 12/5, UR 2/11. It was torture.


I just went complete on 2/12. Fuck.

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wisteria » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:31 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
wisteria wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:I know this is a noob question, but how long after going complete can I expect to go under review?


complete 12/5, UR 2/11. It was torture.


I just went complete on 2/12. Fuck.


I doubt you'll have to wait that long like we did. With the ED applications out of the way, I'm sure the RD process is speeding up. Plus, they just have to catch up with the other schools at some point.

MAHamlin
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MAHamlin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:38 pm

wisteria wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:I know this is a noob question, but how long after going complete can I expect to go under review?


complete 12/5, UR 2/11. It was torture.


Your complete and UR dates give me hope. I've been complete since 12/19 and was beginning to feel forgotten.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:12 pm

I think I was complete 9/26 and UR1 12/4. But the process should be a lot faster now than it was back then.

User avatar
learntolift
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby learntolift » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Crowing wrote:I think I was complete 9/26 and UR1 12/4. But the process should be a lot faster now than it was back then.

have you received your decision yet? sorry i havent read all the pages if you already posted that

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:17 pm

learntolift wrote:
Crowing wrote:I think I was complete 9/26 and UR1 12/4. But the process should be a lot faster now than it was back then.

have you received your decision yet? sorry i havent read all the pages if you already posted that


Yeah. I had a 2nd UR minutes after my interview and a 3rd about a week later then got my decision as part of the 1/23 batch. Unlike some places, Chicago really does seem to be working chronologically.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:18 pm

.
Last edited by bernaldiaz on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Gaius Baltar
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Dr. Gaius Baltar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Is it advisable to write a thank you note?

User avatar
learntolift
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby learntolift » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:33 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Does anyone know how much time there typically is between waives of Rubies? and do you think a HYS acceptance would be more valuable in negotiating for a Ruby or, say, the Levy?

say what

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 pm

learntolift wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Does anyone know how much time there typically is between waives of Rubies? and do you think a HYS acceptance would be more valuable in negotiating for a Ruby or, say, the Levy?

say what


Sorry posted in the wrong place.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Dr. Gaius Baltar wrote:Is it advisable to write a thank you note?


If you're talking about for the interview I didn't because it wasn't in-person.

Plus U of C seems to hate additional correspondence lol.

Dr. Gaius Baltar
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Dr. Gaius Baltar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Crowing wrote:
Dr. Gaius Baltar wrote:Is it advisable to write a thank you note?


If you're talking about for the interview I didn't because it wasn't in-person.

Plus U of C seems to hate additional correspondence lol.



This is the part that scares me.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Dr. Gaius Baltar wrote:Is it advisable to write a thank you note?


I did and it was well-received

User avatar
robot_socrates
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby robot_socrates » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:45 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Dr. Gaius Baltar wrote:Is it advisable to write a thank you note?


I did and it was well-received


Shoot, now I'm stressed out about not sending one myself. Can one of the Jan-Admits make me feel better and confirm they got accepted without sending a thank you note?

User avatar
tsr92
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:52 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby tsr92 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:50 am

robot_socrates wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
Dr. Gaius Baltar wrote:Is it advisable to write a thank you note?


I did and it was well-received


Shoot, now I'm stressed out about not sending one myself. Can one of the Jan-Admits make me feel better and confirm they got accepted without sending a thank you note?


Didn't send one and got in. I don't think all that many sent thank you notes.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:17 am

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:30 am

robot_socrates wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
Dr. Gaius Baltar wrote:Is it advisable to write a thank you note?


I did and it was well-received


Shoot, now I'm stressed out about not sending one myself. Can one of the Jan-Admits make me feel better and confirm they got accepted without sending a thank you note?


Accepted without a thank you. Don't worry about it bro.

Dr. Gaius Baltar
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Dr. Gaius Baltar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:34 am

I ended up writing it because I felt weird and itchy from doing an interview and not sending a thank you note.

I really did enjoy my interview. The interviewer was pretty friendly.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:41 am

applemaroon wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
Dr. Gaius Baltar wrote:Is it advisable to write a thank you note?


I did and it was well-received


How do you know it was well-received?


Believe it or not, I got a thank-you note for my thank-you note.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:43 am

Crowing what happened to the bad-ass tar. Drastic tar change you pulled there.

iteachtenthgrade
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:04 pm

So thank you note is the verdict?

I think that was the most fun, relaxed interview I have EVER had. What a wonderful experience.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:06 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:So thank you note is the verdict?

I think that was the most fun, relaxed interview I have EVER had. What a wonderful experience.


You probably can't go wrong either way, but I always prefer to write one rather than not write one.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 04102014 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:10 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
iteachtenthgrade wrote:So thank you note is the verdict?

I think that was the most fun, relaxed interview I have EVER had. What a wonderful experience.


You probably can't go wrong either way, but I always prefer to write one rather than not write one.


Haven't interviewed with Chicago, but in general life this is credited.

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JXander » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:16 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
iteachtenthgrade wrote:So thank you note is the verdict?

I think that was the most fun, relaxed interview I have EVER had. What a wonderful experience.


You probably can't go wrong either way, but I always prefer to write one rather than not write one.


Haven't interviewed with Chicago, but in general life this is credited.

+1

Edit: Not sure about law schools, but I've interviewed with some firms/companies who said (after they hired me) that they won't hire anyone who "does not have the courtesy to send a note of gratitude." I would think this is especially applicable to Admissions Offices at T14 schools that have to do a lot of tedious work.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Nickel94, notnecessarilyproper, packerboy31489, pandaaa, RictusErectus, rizzlebizness, Zoe107 and 9 guests