Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Sorry Lavitz that's rediculous.

RBen148
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby RBen148 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 pm

In!

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 pm

applemaroon wrote:
Crowing wrote:Maybe, but I got in with a 3.46 so a 3.7 sounds pretty great.


Do you mind me asking if you're URM?


I'm not. I don't have any particularly noteworthy softs either.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 pm

so is it true that everybody admitted has to have a interview first? thats gona delay chicagos jan submits BIG TIME

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jaqen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:28 pm

RBen148 wrote:In!


You're just here to troll applemaroon with that LSAT+GPA, right? :? (I think you've definitely got a chance, applem, and the other two in CCN are less focused on GPA, as mentioned.)

But really, gj Ben. Grats!

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:32 pm

applemaroon wrote:
Jaqen wrote:
RBen148 wrote:In!


You're just here to troll applemaroon with that LSAT+GPA, right? :? (I think you've definitely got a chance, applem, and the other two in CCN are less focused on GPA, as mentioned.)

But really, gj Ben. Grats!


LOL I know, please don't be trolling. My delicate heart can't take it.


Don't worry Apple, obviously UChi will bump up your 3.7 to a 4.2 because of the rigor of your UG....

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby applemaroon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby banjo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Lavitz wrote:Waitlisted.


Ridiculous. Just wait a couple more days for that VCE and you'll forget about this transparent YPing.

User avatar
moonman157
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moonman157 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Lavitz is the JamMasterJ of this cycle. Best of luck bud, I don't have to tell you that you're going to have amazing options

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Crowing » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Lavitz is gonna go to Yale imo so no need to worry about him.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 pm

Crowing wrote:Maybe, but I got in with a 3.46 so a 3.7 sounds pretty great.

+1, down to the hundredths place.

one_by_one
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby one_by_one » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:46 pm

.
Last edited by one_by_one on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
applemaroon wrote:
Jaqen wrote:
RBen148 wrote:In!


You're just here to troll applemaroon with that LSAT+GPA, right? :? (I think you've definitely got a chance, applem, and the other two in CCN are less focused on GPA, as mentioned.)

But really, gj Ben. Grats!


LOL I know, please don't be trolling. My delicate heart can't take it.


Don't worry Apple, obviously UChi will bump up your 3.7 to a 4.2 because of the rigor of your UG....


this!

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54 pm

so how do scholarships work at uchi? when are all you admitted kids giong to hear? with award package?

User avatar
bobr
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:42 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bobr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Waitlisted and had interview.

Best of luck everyone!

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vzapana » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:57 pm

Does Chicago ever hold?

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Yukos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 pm

In today, numbers above both medians but at or below 75ths. I interviewed and it was aite; my Why Chicago answer was very strong though IMO.

But Lavitz's WL is really depressing. I don't understand his cycle at all, dude should've been a first-wave HLS admit.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Ok, home now so I can post more.

Congrats to everyone who got in today! Special congrats to Banjo who got his well-deserved redemption.

And thanks to everyone supporting me. I really appreciate it.

What's really funny is that--like with Harvard--it looks like I once again correctly predicted my outcome at the beginning of the thread. From page 3:
Lavitz wrote:As it is, have a feeling Chicago will be looking to WL/reject me since my GPA is below their median but above Columbia's and NYU's.

I guess I'm just disappointed because in both cases the interview got my hopes up. Oh well. Guess that's two LOCIs I need to write now.

moonman157 wrote:Lavitz is the JamMasterJ of this cycle. Best of luck bud, I don't have to tell you that you're going to have amazing options

Good call. About 20 minutes ago, I was actually thinking of comparing myself to Jam. Unfortunately, I'm not as fond of NYU as he is, so it looks like Columbia is my last hope.

Anyway, sorry Reg, looks like Chicago may not have enough room for both of us :wink:

No, Noodley, I haven't killed anyone (that I know of).

Special thanks to spicyyoda for the inspirational post. Would like to type up a motivational post here, but the gym is closing soon so I need to get going.

Peace.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Lavitz wrote:Ok, home now so I can post more.

Congrats to everyone who got in today! Special congrats to Banjo who got his well-deserved redemption.

And thanks to everyone supporting me. I really appreciate it.

What's really funny is that--like with Harvard--it looks like I once again correctly predicted my outcome at the beginning of the thread. From page 3:
Lavitz wrote:As it is, have a feeling Chicago will be looking to WL/reject me since my GPA is below their median but above Columbia's and NYU's.

I guess I'm just disappointed because in both cases the interview got my hopes up. Oh well. Guess that's two LOCIs I need to write now.

moonman157 wrote:Lavitz is the JamMasterJ of this cycle. Best of luck bud, I don't have to tell you that you're going to have amazing options

Good call. About 20 minutes ago, I was actually thinking of comparing myself to Jam. Unfortunately, I'm not as fond of NYU as he is, so it looks like Columbia is my last hope.

Anyway, sorry Reg, looks like Chicago may not have enough room for both of us :wink:

No, Noodley, I haven't killed anyone (that I know of).

Special thanks to spicyyoda for the inspirational post. Would like to type up a motivational post here, but the gym is closing soon so I need to get going.

Peace.


You should google your name and see if any cult leaders/terrorists come up. They might be confusing you with somebody else who has a terrible internet presence

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 20141023 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby cwid1391 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:40 pm

So Chicago said that some denies would come out today too. Is the TLS sample size just too small or did they not send them out today?

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:46 pm

cwid1391 wrote:So Chicago said that some denies would come out today too. Is the TLS sample size just too small or did they not send them out today?


TLSers are just so awesome. ITT we get everything except rejections

User avatar
rehsalt
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby rehsalt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Lavitz wrote:Waitlisted.
Really sorry to see this, Lavitz. This whole process can be truly shitty and a "life-consuming, ego-shattering bugaboo" (that's from Anna Ivey's description of the LSAT).
BTW I don't think you're anywhere near Jam territory. He didn't get accepted anywhere until May.
But the bottom line: It's Chicago's loss.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”