Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Not so sure decisions are coming tomorrow after all. These are the tweets from last year:


Image


The first tweet went out on Monday the 9th and decisions didn't come until Friday the 13th. The tweet from last Friday just said they were working on the batch, so it sounds like this year's equivalent of last year's 1/9 tweet. So we could be waiting until later in the week, although I hope they surprise me and get it done tomorrow.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Ugh and the most imp thing is that it was a Monday the 9th so they worked Tuesday through Friday and still only got calls out on Friday... This = not cool. I will say though that last year the Monday tweet came out in early January so waiting a few days to the 13th wasn't a big deal. But now that we are in the 20s of January they should have had enough time to be ready. Unless interviews really slowed down the process...

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Also the "will not be going out today" in our cycle's tweet makes no sense if they aren't going out the next work day.... Imo

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:Also the "will not be going out today" in our cycle's tweet makes no sense if they aren't going out the next work day.... Imo

Yeah, I'm not sure how to interpret that. I'd like to think it means they were finishing up and just didn't have time to contact applicants, but last year they specifically mentioned that they had finalized the decisions.

All I'm saying is that people shouldn't be surprised if it's not tomorrow. Going through last year's thread, every single day that week started off with people predicting "TODAY'S THE DAY" and then being majorly disappointed at the end.

Obviously, I still hope it's tomorrow anyway :)

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:55 pm

True true. Whats that? Check twitter frantically Tom? ok yeah

GoldenGriffin
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby GoldenGriffin » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:27 am

Application received 11/26 and complete 12/11. Never said UR, does that mean I won't be in this batch of decisions?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lavitz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 am

GoldenGriffin wrote:Application received 11/26 and complete 12/11. Never said UR, does that mean I won't be in this batch of decisions?

Right. If it hasn't gone UR, it means they haven't even started reading your app.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 20141023 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby grapefruits » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 pm

This is literally getting to be painful.

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby VeeD101 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Lavitz wrote:Not so sure decisions are coming tomorrow after all. These are the tweets from last year:


Image


The first tweet went out on Monday the 9th and decisions didn't come until Friday the 13th. The tweet from last Friday just said they were working on the batch, so it sounds like this year's equivalent of last year's 1/9 tweet. So we could be waiting until later in the week, although I hope they surprise me and get it done tomorrow.


Love the analysis.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 pm

looks like it aint happening today. that makes the twitter post so annoying.

why not update us and say either yes or no? seriously? is being cruel a requirement?

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 am

Obligatory "Today is the day" post

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby venus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 am

Just got an interview invite!!! :)

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Audeamus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 am

venus wrote:Just got an interview invite!!! :)


congrats!

User avatar
Spritzpiggy
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Spritzpiggy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:08 am

venus wrote:Just got an interview invite!!! :)


Awesome! when did you go UR?

one_by_one
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby one_by_one » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:12 am

.
Last edited by one_by_one on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby moneyball026 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 am

one_by_one wrote:
venus wrote:Just got an interview invite!!! :)


Congrats!!

Although I hope this doesn't mean that we'll have to wait even longer for the first batch of RD admits :|


On the contrary, I believe this is a good sign. It means they've made enough progress on this batch that they are moving on to conducting more interviews in the near future. I feel like they just want this group of decisions out since they're already behind, and they would've wanted an interview pause if they were struggling to get us all finalized.

Also, congrats Venus! Go kill it.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 am

moneyball026 wrote:
one_by_one wrote:
venus wrote:Just got an interview invite!!! :)


Congrats!!

Although I hope this doesn't mean that we'll have to wait even longer for the first batch of RD admits :|


On the contrary, I believe this is a good sign. It means they've made enough progress on this batch that they are moving on to conducting more interviews in the near future. I feel like they just want this group of decisions out since they're already behind, and they would've wanted an interview pause if they were struggling to get us all finalized.

Also, congrats Venus! Go kill it.



very solid logic.
i agree sounds like its going down today

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elterrible78 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am

Anonymous4444 wrote:
moneyball026 wrote:
one_by_one wrote:
venus wrote:Just got an interview invite!!! :)


Congrats!!

Although I hope this doesn't mean that we'll have to wait even longer for the first batch of RD admits :|


On the contrary, I believe this is a good sign. It means they've made enough progress on this batch that they are moving on to conducting more interviews in the near future. I feel like they just want this group of decisions out since they're already behind, and they would've wanted an interview pause if they were struggling to get us all finalized.

Also, congrats Venus! Go kill it.



very solid logic.
i agree sounds like its going down today


Yep. That certainly makes the most sense to me. Congrats and good luck to new interviewees, and good luck to all applicants waiting for that first round of RD decisions!

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:38 am

venus wrote:Just got an interview invite!!! :)


Does this come via email?

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Teflon_Don » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:44 am

Finally under review as of today! Complete 11/15

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vzapana » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:48 am

Teflon_Don wrote:Finally under review as of today! Complete 11/15


me too! sent 11/1, complete 11/13

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 am

Mr. Elshal wrote:
venus wrote:Just got an interview invite!!! :)


Does this come via email?


yes

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby curious66 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 am

vzapana wrote:
Teflon_Don wrote:Finally under review as of today! Complete 11/15


me too! sent 11/1, complete 11/13


Hopefully some RD decisions come out today for those of that that have been UR since like forever!! Good luck everyone.. here's hoping to some love from Chicago to all of us!

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby venus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks guys! I'm super excited! My application was complete at the end of September, and went under review in early November. Good luck to those of you already expecting decisions!
Last edited by venus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beluckycrimson, Christinabruin, ws120 and 5 guests