Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lsatprepguy
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby lsatprepguy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Just got accepted!

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby elterrible78 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:24 pm

lsatprepguy wrote:Just got accepted!


Congrats!

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Br3v » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:03 am

elterrible78 wrote:
lsatprepguy wrote:Just got accepted!


Congrats!

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Chickensoup » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:41 am

deffoe wrote:PT, WL'd . Not even priority reserve WL'd. Any guesses or similar fates? I was under the impression that WL is not a common decision for a PT applicant.


Numbers?

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 06102016 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:47 am

..

User avatar
lsacqueen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby lsacqueen » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:36 am

lsatprepguy wrote:Just got accepted!


Congrats, and me too!

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby helix23 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Congrats new admits!

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Chickensoup » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Any RD people get accepted yet?

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:21 am

Going to visit soon. Does anybody have any thoughts about appropriate campus visit attire? Is casual fine? Or should I at least go with khakis and a button-down?
Last edited by WhiteyCakes on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ruxin1
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Ruxin1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:22 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:Going to visit this friday. Does anybody have any thoughts about appropriate campus visit attire? Is casual fine? Or should I at least go with khakis and a button-down?


Definitely business casual

BigZuck
Posts: 10872
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:37 am

I don't see them rescinding your acceptance if you show up in shorts and a t-shirt. But business casual sounds reasonable, I wouldn't go any dressier than that.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:58 am

BigZuck wrote:I don't see them rescinding your acceptance if you show up in shorts and a t-shirt. But business casual sounds reasonable, I wouldn't go any dressier than that.


I'm meeting with the Dean of Admissions so I am going to go with business casual. Hopefully i can get some $$$ out of this trip

User avatar
Ruxin1
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Ruxin1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:59 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:
BigZuck wrote:I don't see them rescinding your acceptance if you show up in shorts and a t-shirt. But business casual sounds reasonable, I wouldn't go any dressier than that.


I'm meeting with the Dean of Admissions so I am going to go with business casual. Hopefully i can get some $$$ out of this trip


I'd go suit then you can always take off jacket or go suit with no tie.

husker2012
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby husker2012 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Congrats to all the admits!

Submitted yesterday. Low end of numbers, but got PT invite so we will see what happens. Trying not to lose my mind over the next 10 days.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Congrats everyone on the acceptances. Just submitted. Wrangling that last letter of rec was like herding stray cats.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
BigZuck wrote:I don't see them rescinding your acceptance if you show up in shorts and a t-shirt. But business casual sounds reasonable, I wouldn't go any dressier than that.


I'm meeting with the Dean of Admissions so I am going to go with business casual. Hopefully i can get some $$$ out of this trip


I'd go suit then you can always take off jacket or go suit with no tie.


Image

User avatar
Ruxin1
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Ruxin1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:11 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
BigZuck wrote:I don't see them rescinding your acceptance if you show up in shorts and a t-shirt. But business casual sounds reasonable, I wouldn't go any dressier than that.


I'm meeting with the Dean of Admissions so I am going to go with business casual. Hopefully i can get some $$$ out of this trip


I'd go suit then you can always take off jacket or go suit with no tie.


Image


Golf Clap

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:15 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:Congrats everyone on the acceptances. Just submitted. Wrangling that last letter of rec was like herding stray cats.

My life.

User avatar
RG3ismyhomeboy
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:40 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby RG3ismyhomeboy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:01 am

In via email! PT ED can not wait! JD/LLM in international & comparative law! Summer start! :lol: :mrgreen: :P :D :!:

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Br3v » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 am

RG3ismyhomeboy wrote:In via email! PT ED can not wait! JD/LLM in international & comparative law! Summer start! :lol: :mrgreen: :P :D :!:


Awesome! congrats! Care to share numbers?

User avatar
RG3ismyhomeboy
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:40 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby RG3ismyhomeboy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:45 am

Br3v wrote:
RG3ismyhomeboy wrote:In via email! PT ED can not wait! JD/LLM in international & comparative law! Summer start! :lol: :mrgreen: :P :D :!:


Awesome! congrats! Care to share numbers?



164 (June taken while studying abroad in Munich)/ 3.87 cas gpa... 3.67ish freshman year, transferred 3.94 graduating university gpa) finishing up senior year now

If anyone has any other questions about my app or credentials, just ask. Can't wait to visit/live in Durham!

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Chickensoup » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:05 am

RG3ismyhomeboy wrote:
Br3v wrote:
RG3ismyhomeboy wrote:In via email! PT ED can not wait! JD/LLM in international & comparative law! Summer start! :lol: :mrgreen: :P :D :!:


Awesome! congrats! Care to share numbers?



164 (June taken while studying abroad in Munich)/ 3.87 cas gpa... 3.67ish freshman year, transferred 3.94 graduating university gpa) finishing up senior year now

If anyone has any other questions about my app or credentials, just ask. Can't wait to visit/live in Durham!


URM?

User avatar
RG3ismyhomeboy
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:40 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby RG3ismyhomeboy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:52 am

Chickensoup wrote:
RG3ismyhomeboy wrote:
Br3v wrote:
RG3ismyhomeboy wrote:In via email! PT ED can not wait! JD/LLM in international & comparative law! Summer start! :lol: :mrgreen: :P :D :!:


Awesome! congrats! Care to share numbers?



164 (June taken while studying abroad in Munich)/ 3.87 cas gpa... 3.67ish freshman year, transferred 3.94 graduating university gpa) finishing up senior year now

If anyone has any other questions about my app or credentials, just ask. Can't wait to visit/live in Durham!


URM?



Nope, White Male, from an upper middle class family living in colorado, attending Baylor. My softs were the tipping scale (obviously), had tailored recs, tailored PS, tailored why duke, tailored why jd/llm.

I am just as shocked as everyone reading this with my numbers so feel free to ask anymore questions, I won't be offended.

Also I won't know anyone in the state of NC or the whole region so if anyone wants to become friends PM :P

gettingerdone
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby gettingerdone » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 am

RG3ismyhomeboy wrote:In via email! PT ED can not wait! JD/LLM in international & comparative law! Summer start! :lol: :mrgreen: :P :D :!:


Congrats!

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Yukos » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:47 am

RG3ismyhomeboy wrote:
RG3ismyhomeboy wrote:
Br3v wrote:
RG3ismyhomeboy wrote:In via email! PT ED can not wait! JD/LLM in international & comparative law! Summer start! :lol: :mrgreen: :P :D :!:


Awesome! congrats! Care to share numbers?



164 (June taken while studying abroad in Munich)/ 3.87 cas gpa... 3.67ish freshman year, transferred 3.94 graduating university gpa) finishing up senior year now

If anyone has any other questions about my app or credentials, just ask. Can't wait to visit/live in Durham!


Nope, White Male, from an upper middle class family living in colorado, attending Baylor. My softs were the tipping scale (obviously), had tailored recs, tailored PS, tailored why duke, tailored why jd/llm.

I am just as shocked as everyone reading this with my numbers so feel free to ask anymore questions, I won't be offended.

Also I won't know anyone in the state of NC or the whole region so if anyone wants to become friends PM :P


Awesome that you went hard and it paid off. Congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], canafsa, KeYe88, lillawyer2, mm2368 and 7 guests