Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby nba101790 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Congrats!

How are you guys getting notified/is your completion/UR date updating on the status check?

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 06102016 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:51 pm

..

User avatar
CaptainLeela
Posts: 4896
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby CaptainLeela » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:51 pm

UR 3/11 ----> UR 4/10 (this morning) then in via email (my status checker now shows the decision rendered, wait look for email message, but I'm not sure when that went up)

GL to those still waiting!

User avatar
CaptainLeela
Posts: 4896
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby CaptainLeela » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:54 pm

slack_academic wrote:
CaptainLeela wrote:And in!!

Truth time: I applied the day the application was due, so I did NOT see this coming.

I also did not love (didn't hate either) Mich when I visited. I'm confused in the best possible way.

Visit Duke/Durham. It's pretty cool (imho) and inexpensive. Seems like a very grad/professional friendly environment.
and CONGRATS!


I visited a number of times as an undergrad and from my fuzzy, drunken memories....loved it? I'm absolutely trying to get town there ASAP.

Worst case scenario, I bite the bullet and put down 2 initial deposits. Exciting stuff :D

User avatar
anarkali
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby anarkali » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:01 pm

CaptainLeela wrote:
I visited a number of times as an undergrad and from my fuzzy, drunken memories....loved it? I'm absolutely trying to get town there ASAP.

Worst case scenario, I bite the bullet and put down 2 initial deposits. Exciting stuff :D


Congratulations! Just fyi, I'm pretty sure that both Duke and Michigan require you to sign a form that says that you have withdrawn from all other schools that you have been accepted to at the time that you deposit. (I know that Duke's form definitely has this) So 2 initial deposits may not be possible.

User avatar
CaptainLeela
Posts: 4896
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby CaptainLeela » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:07 pm

anarkali wrote:
CaptainLeela wrote:
I visited a number of times as an undergrad and from my fuzzy, drunken memories....loved it? I'm absolutely trying to get town there ASAP.

Worst case scenario, I bite the bullet and put down 2 initial deposits. Exciting stuff :D


Congratulations! Just fyi, I'm pretty sure that both Duke and Michigan require you to sign a form that says that you have withdrawn from all other schools that you have been accepted to at the time that you deposit. (I know that Duke's form definitely has this) So 2 initial deposits may not be possible.


I don't see that in regards to the initial deposit for Michigan in the 1 page conditions letter they sent...that doesn't mean they don't in fact have that policy. I would probably give them a call first and/or ask Duke for an extension (which I think is reasonable) before I made any move.

I definitely appreciate the heads up. Way too many moving parts in this nonsense!

User avatar
anarkali
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby anarkali » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:11 pm

CaptainLeela wrote:
I don't see that in regards to the initial deposit for Michigan in the 1 page conditions letter they sent...that doesn't mean they don't in fact have that policy. I would probably give them a call first and/or ask Duke for an extension (which I think is reasonable) before I made any move.

I definitely appreciate the heads up. Way too many moving parts in this nonsense!


Good luck with your decision!

I absolutely loved Duke when I visited during the ASW and am from the area, so if you have any questions just PM me.

User avatar
racmyers23
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby racmyers23 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Wl
Last edited by racmyers23 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

bincognito
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:37 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bincognito » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:27 am

what's the consensus on the 2/25 under reviews? Sent in a loci weeks ago and still nothing

question7
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby question7 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:10 am

still UR 2/25 here too. submitted first week in January...

superhopefulwoo
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby superhopefulwoo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:43 am

I'm a ur 2/18 so don't feel bad to all the 2/25ers!

User avatar
Ned Racine
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Ned Racine » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:08 am

UR 2/25 here, checking in

LizardRock
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby LizardRock » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:29 am

Ned Racine wrote:UR 2/25 here, checking in


+1

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby gbelle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:36 am

Hi, UR 2/18 here.
I'm over this.

question7
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby question7 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:20 am

any of us still waiting for decision people putting down deposits elsewhere - BC due Monday, really wanted to hear from Duke and Georgetown before then - losing hope. Wish I could say I'm over it but I'm not!

dewdawn
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dewdawn » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:25 pm

question7 wrote:any of us still waiting for decision people putting down deposits elsewhere - BC due Monday, really wanted to hear from Duke and Georgetown before then - losing hope. Wish I could say I'm over it but I'm not!


I have several deadlines next week... I am not that optimistic for my Duke result because of my low LSAT score

User avatar
AllDangle
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby AllDangle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:49 pm

AllDangle wrote:Any word on when the scholarship acceptance form is due? I'm still waiting to hear back after appealing my initial award.

Anyone?

User avatar
jvincent11
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jvincent11 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:58 pm

AllDangle wrote:
AllDangle wrote:Any word on when the scholarship acceptance form is due? I'm still waiting to hear back after appealing my initial award.

Anyone?


I don't see it say anything about a scholarship acceptance deadline so my guess is 4/26, the regular deposit deadline.

How did you go about appealing? Did you just say you wanted more or did you ask for a specific amount and did you send other offers?

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Did anyone here apply on the "priority track" where you get a decision back within ten days?

question7
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby question7 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:12 pm

2/25 UR change to 4/11 UR!!!

BigZuck
Posts: 10852
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:12 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Did anyone here apply on the "priority track" where you get a decision back within ten days?


Buttloads of people did.

dewdawn
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dewdawn » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:37 pm

question7 wrote:2/25 UR change to 4/11 UR!!!


mine changes from 2/18 to 4/11. maybe there will be a result tomorrow/today

LizardRock
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby LizardRock » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:38 pm

question7 wrote:2/25 UR change to 4/11 UR!!!


Yep..me too :!:

question7
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby question7 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:40 pm

good luck to you all....fingers crossed ...it will be good just to get a decision... I'm betting today.

dewdawn
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dewdawn » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:42 pm

question7 wrote:good luck to you all....fingers crossed ...it will be good just to get a decision... I'm betting today.


GOOD LUCK TO YOU, TOO! given what happened to Captainleela yesterday, i think those admitted lucky kids will be notified TODAY!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ewan0707, Google Adsense [Bot], headrangerwoody, liuwenyu, sre08 and 15 guests