Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fallingup » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:49 pm

racrfish wrote:
fallingup wrote:UR1 3/7, UR2 3/12. I'm TERRIFIED. Duke is my top choice right now.

Whoa


ETA: It's UR1 3/1 not 3/7. Sorry.

racrfish
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby racrfish » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:54 pm

fallingup wrote:
racrfish wrote:
fallingup wrote:UR1 3/7, UR2 3/12. I'm TERRIFIED. Duke is my top choice right now.

Whoa


ETA: It's UR1 3/1 not 3/7. Sorry.

Oh. Still! Wonder what that means. I'm also UR1 3/1, in that big group, but not UR2 yet.

corinnejay
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby corinnejay » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Anybody still UR1 2/18 with no movement?

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fallingup » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:28 pm

Has anyone been accepted after interviewing? Everyone I've seen so far has been WL'd/PR'd.

boris78
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby boris78 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:53 pm

been stuck for a while now at 3/1. good or bad?

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JXander » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:58 pm

boris78 wrote:been stuck for a while now at 3/1. good or bad?

Many have been.

jsmith201
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jsmith201 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:49 pm

corinnejay wrote:Anybody still UR1 2/18 with no movement?


+1 ish

User avatar
whosonfirst
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:48 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby whosonfirst » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Scholarship decision sent 3/13 (I'm assuming they're mailing it tomorrow). Materials were received by Duke 2/12.

ryantw
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ryantw » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:58 pm

fallingup wrote:Has anyone been accepted after interviewing? Everyone I've seen so far has been WL'd/PR'd.

I was. PR at first, interviewed, accepted later that day. 169 3.75 fwiw

mambar
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby mambar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:59 pm

whosonfirst wrote:Scholarship decision sent 3/13 (I'm assuming they're mailing it tomorrow). Materials were received by Duke 2/12.

2/5 received and got the 3/13 decision. Seems like they did a huge batch (or not a lot of people submitted that week).

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Rlabo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:28 am

Were those who've been placed on PR have their status checker gone to decision rendered? and if you got off what happened?

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fallingup » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:53 am

What should I wear to the Duke Law admissions interview? Suit? Business casual? Duke t-shirt? (Serious question.)

jym_dawg
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jym_dawg » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:59 am

fallingup wrote:What should I wear to the Duke Law admissions interview? Suit? Business casual? Duke t-shirt? (Serious question.)


UNC bball jersey, esp if you want an easy conversation starter

Serious answer: suit

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JXander » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 am

I looked through this thread trying to find information on the Duke interviews but could not find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction on this issue?

BigZuck
Posts: 10852
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 am

JXander wrote:I looked through this thread trying to find information on the Duke interviews but could not find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction on this issue?


They contact you. You interview on campus. Seems largely for yield protection purposes, or at least that was the speculation.

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JXander » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:23 am

BigZuck wrote:
JXander wrote:I looked through this thread trying to find information on the Duke interviews but could not find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction on this issue?


They contact you. You interview on campus. Seems largely for yield protection purposes, or at least that was the speculation.

Thank you. :)

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fallingup » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:45 am

JXander did you get one?

ryantw
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ryantw » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:51 am

jym_dawg wrote:
fallingup wrote:What should I wear to the Duke Law admissions interview? Suit? Business casual? Duke t-shirt? (Serious question.)


UNC bball jersey, esp if you want an easy conversation starter

Serious answer: suit

I wore khaki slacks, and a blazer, and that seemed acceptable. Dean Hoye was in a suit, so I'd say some sort of suit or fairly business professional attire is ideal. Jut my two cents on it.

mr.hands
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby mr.hands » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:14 am

JXander wrote:I looked through this thread trying to find information on the Duke interviews but could not find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction on this issue?


I don't think there's much info on point here. It's supposed to be a low key conversation, i believe. There shouldn't be any curve balls

Why does your LSN profile say that you ED'd and were accepted to South Texas College of Law?

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JXander » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:32 am

mr.hands wrote:Why does your LSN profile say that you ED'd and were accepted to South Texas College of Law?

PM'ed.
fallingup wrote:JXander did you get one?

I wish. :)

I was just checking to make sure we didn't have the option of calling the school and requesting the interview (like WUSTL).

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm

scholarship decision mailed today. Form received 2/8

keki
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby keki » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Rlabo wrote:Were those who've been placed on PR have their status checker gone to decision rendered? and if you got off what happened?


When PRed it said "decision made; watch for email." When admitted same statement, but status date was different (as was the content of the email :lol: ).

BSC
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BSC » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:52 pm

$90,000!

corinnejay
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby corinnejay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:08 pm

My country of residence just updated, I know this supposedly means something on the Georgetown application. Does it mean anything on duke or am I just reaching at any change here?

User avatar
syd625
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby syd625 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:21 pm

corinnejay wrote:My country of residence just updated, I know this supposedly means something on the Georgetown application. Does it mean anything on duke or am I just reaching at any change here?


I think we have the same UR1 2/18 date and mine is still blank. Good luck if it does!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applejacks888, Baby Gaga, Christinabruin, emirleee, lillawyer2, Majestic-12 [Bot], mmengden, root_beer, spursforever and 24 guests