Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
learntolift
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby learntolift » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:55 pm

been UR1 since 11/12

blueruditio
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby blueruditio » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Just got a UR3, is that normal?

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby toothbrush » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:31 pm

blueruditio wrote:Just got a UR3, is that normal?

You got it today ? Aren't universities closed ?

WaitingandHopeful
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby WaitingandHopeful » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:33 pm

toothbrush wrote:
blueruditio wrote:Just got a UR3, is that normal?

You got it today ? Aren't universities closed ?

Many are open.

I had class today.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby toothbrush » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:35 pm

WaitingandHopeful wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
blueruditio wrote:Just got a UR3, is that normal?

You got it today ? Aren't universities closed ?

Many are open.

I had class today.

Damn that sucks. I thought it was a national holiday. Oh wells.

MAHamlin
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby MAHamlin » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:38 pm

toothbrush wrote:
blueruditio wrote:Just got a UR3, is that normal?

You got it today ? Aren't universities closed ?


I was updated today as well so someone at Duke is clearly working despite the holiday.

blueruditio
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby blueruditio » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:42 pm

MAHamlin wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
blueruditio wrote:Just got a UR3, is that normal?

You got it today ? Aren't universities closed ?


I was updated today as well so someone at Duke is clearly working despite the holiday.


Duke doesn't close on President's Day.

User avatar
hyjintherye
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby hyjintherye » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:45 pm

blueruditio wrote:
MAHamlin wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
blueruditio wrote:Just got a UR3, is that normal?

You got it today ? Aren't universities closed ?


I was updated today as well so someone at Duke is clearly working despite the holiday.


Duke doesn't close on President's Day.


In that case, I want to go UR1 today!!!

lawschoolboundfuture
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:56 pm

When should we hear about scholarships?

CMC88
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby CMC88 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Has anyone gotten a status update for more info required?

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby MacB » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:01 pm

lawschoolboundfuture wrote:When should we hear about scholarships?


If you submitted your Need Access and Duke's merit/need aid application sheet at least a week ago, you should hear back within the next 1-2 weeks.

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby MacB » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:03 pm

CMC88 wrote:Has anyone gotten a status update for more info required?


I did when I applied PT back in October. They sent me an email requesting a specifically updated resume and my status was "more info required," or something along those lines until I responded.

ETA: if you haven't received an email from them asking for anything specific, hang tight for a day or two. ...and check your spam folder.
Last edited by MacB on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dukie4
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dukie4 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Finally under review. && yes Duke is open today, we don't get any days off!

law_app_noob
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:29 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby law_app_noob » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:17 pm

CMC88 wrote:Has anyone gotten a status update for more info required?


I did. They wanted to ask me for another LoR and get some info about my previous enrollment in grad school.

Edit: Also, it took about 4 weeks from that point to get a decision email.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby masked kavana » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:12 pm

I had an update!

UR1 10/22
UR2 2/18

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby porch » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:57 am

File under review for the first time as of yesterday! Welcome to the duke thread...

User avatar
gingerbreadsmouse
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby gingerbreadsmouse » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:00 pm

law_app_noob wrote:
CMC88 wrote:Has anyone gotten a status update for more info required?


I did. They wanted to ask me for another LoR and get some info about my previous enrollment in grad school.

Edit: Also, it took about 4 weeks from that point to get a decision email.


I did as well. They wanted confirmation of good standing for my brief attendance of law school/medical withdrawal. Quick & easy, and they update you of their receipt promptly!

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9652
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:57 pm

For those of you who have received your merit/need scholarship packages, how long should I be waiting until I assume I'm not getting anything? on status checker it says scholarship application received 2/8, and I had need access submitted a few days before. I ask because, once I've determined Duke is not sending me anything, I'm going to have to come back to them with my other offers on the table and I'd rather do that sooner than later. I'm not giving up on you Duke!!

Thanks!

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:00 pm

jbagelboy wrote:For those of you who have received your merit/need scholarship packages, how long should I be waiting until I assume I'm not getting anything? on status checker it says scholarship application received 2/8, and I had need access submitted a few days before. I ask because, once I've determined Duke is not sending me anything, I'm going to have to come back to them with my other offers on the table and I'd rather do that sooner than later. I'm not giving up on you Duke!!

Thanks!


Who has scholarship packages already beside the full ride folks?

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby curious66 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:05 pm

BigZuck wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:For those of you who have received your merit/need scholarship packages, how long should I be waiting until I assume I'm not getting anything? on status checker it says scholarship application received 2/8, and I had need access submitted a few days before. I ask because, once I've determined Duke is not sending me anything, I'm going to have to come back to them with my other offers on the table and I'd rather do that sooner than later. I'm not giving up on you Duke!!

Thanks!


Who has scholarship packages already beside the full ride folks?


I'm still waiting for mine. Got an email last week stating that they are looking at it and it would be 2-3 weeks (processing this in the order apps were received).

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9652
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:21 pm

curious66 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:For those of you who have received your merit/need scholarship packages, how long should I be waiting until I assume I'm not getting anything? on status checker it says scholarship application received 2/8, and I had need access submitted a few days before. I ask because, once I've determined Duke is not sending me anything, I'm going to have to come back to them with my other offers on the table and I'd rather do that sooner than later. I'm not giving up on you Duke!!

Thanks!


Who has scholarship packages already beside the full ride folks?


I'm still waiting for mine. Got an email last week stating that they are looking at it and it would be 2-3 weeks (processing this in the order apps were received).


Okay. I'll keep waiting hopefully then :):)

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dsn32 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Was admitted 9/29, my status checker updated from "Decision made; watch for email (9/29)" to "Decision Made (2/19)" today. The status checker did not, however, show that my scholarship award has been mailed like Duke said it would once the award is ready. Maybe I'm reading too far into an innocent change. Or maybe our awards are en route.

Edit: Scholarship app was received by Duke on 1/11 FYI.

cheerios16
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby cheerios16 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:33 pm

dsn32 wrote:Was admitted 9/29, my status checker updated from "Decision made; watch for email (9/29)" to "Decision Made (2/19)" today. The status checker did not, however, show that my scholarship award has been mailed like Duke said it would once the award is ready. Maybe I'm reading too far into an innocent change. Or maybe our awards are en route.

Edit: Scholarship app was received by Duke on 1/11 FYI.



Ditto and we have very similar #s.

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Oh, mine updated too! Thanks for the heads up!

MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby MacB » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:58 pm

curious66 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:For those of you who have received your merit/need scholarship packages, how long should I be waiting until I assume I'm not getting anything? on status checker it says scholarship application received 2/8, and I had need access submitted a few days before. I ask because, once I've determined Duke is not sending me anything, I'm going to have to come back to them with my other offers on the table and I'd rather do that sooner than later. I'm not giving up on you Duke!!

Thanks!


Who has scholarship packages already beside the full ride folks?


I'm still waiting for mine. Got an email last week stating that they are looking at it and it would be 2-3 weeks (processing this in the order apps were received).


Didn't that email also imply that they would notify you whether or not you were receiving aid? Or am I making that up? Would be equally helpful to know if they are offering nothing.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, doc b, jstans, lawschoolbound2017, premalone, sec_undergrad and 17 guests