Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby curious66 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:35 am

jbagelboy wrote:for people who have submitted their merit/need forms after doing PT, what kind of time frame have you seen before receiving the packet/aid info, and what kind of offers have been out there? (for non-mordecai applicants)

Thanks!!


I did PT back in Oct. Duke said at the time the financial stuff would come out later (email in December and January forms). Others have said that usually the merit/need based stuff comes out later in Feb or possibly even March. So, waiting.

User avatar
Ling520
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:53 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Ling520 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:11 am

If possible can someone repost the first paragraph or two of their admissions email from Duke. I have a kind of a niche interest in the language used by schools in their correspondence with applicants, particularly whether they state that an applicant has been "accepted for admission" vs "selected for admission" vs "we welcome you to the class of..." etc., and also whether or not schools customize application emails (probably not) or use the same form-email for all accepted applicants.

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby nba101790 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:42 am

Ling520 wrote:If possible can someone repost the first paragraph or two of their admissions email from Duke. I have a kind of a niche interest in the language used by schools in their correspondence with applicants, particularly whether they state that an applicant has been "accepted for admission" vs "selected for admission" vs "we welcome you to the class of..." etc., and also whether or not schools customize application emails (probably not) or use the same form-email for all accepted applicants.


Out of sheer curiosity, why the interest?

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby wert3813 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Ling520 wrote:If possible can someone repost the first paragraph or two of their admissions email from Duke. I have a kind of a niche interest in the language used by schools in their correspondence with applicants, particularly whether they state that an applicant has been "accepted for admission" vs "selected for admission" vs "we welcome you to the class of..." etc., and also whether or not schools customize application emails (probably not) or use the same form-email for all accepted applicants.


You need a new hobby.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 06102016 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:01 pm

..

nigerian22
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby nigerian22 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:27 pm

slack_academic wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Priority reserve email at ~2:30. Not surprising given my numbers (3.2x 172) and I didn't write a Why Duke. Definitely going to work on one to send as LOCI.

Sorry to read this, but hopefully they show you some love after they receive it.



Just write a super-compelling and detailed "Why Duke" statement. And express your interest in interviewing if they will be willing. You should be golden due to your LSAT score. There has been a drop of applications in the 170-174 band. Also if you have any specific reasons that your UGPA was less than ideal you should mention that -- found your way late in life; illness; major/school that grants lower GPAs, etc.

Great luck!

User avatar
AllDangle
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby AllDangle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:40 pm

jbagelboy wrote:for people who have submitted their merit/need forms after doing PT, what kind of time frame have you seen before receiving the packet/aid info, and what kind of offers have been out there? (for non-mordecai applicants)

Thanks!!

Not PT, but submitted all my info within a week or two of the FAFSA being available. Nothing yet.

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Poo-T » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:36 pm

So ppl who have been invited via email to participate in PT, I'm just wondering: was this an invite you received prior to applying, or afterwards?

rjparson
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby rjparson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Complete 12/3, just went under review today. Any guess on wait times?

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Poo-T wrote:So ppl who have been invited via email to participate in PT, I'm just wondering: was this an invite you received prior to applying, or afterwards?


Before

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:43 pm

rjparson wrote:Complete 12/3, just went under review today. Any guess on wait times?


Long time unless PT

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Poo-T » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 pm

BigZuck wrote:
rjparson wrote:Complete 12/3, just went under review today. Any guess on wait times?


Long time unless PT

;_;

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:37 pm

I've been under review since 11/28. No status update since then. It's gotta be a WL, right? Why wouldn't they have just dinged me by now? :roll:

patricksouthern
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby patricksouthern » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:42 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:I've been under review since 11/28. No status update since then. It's gotta be a WL, right? Why wouldn't they have just dinged me by now? :roll:


Been under review since 12/10 and have started to wonder the same. I'm honestly surprised I haven't been dinged outright yet.

CMC88
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby CMC88 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:50 pm

patricksouthern wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:I've been under review since 11/28. No status update since then. It's gotta be a WL, right? Why wouldn't they have just dinged me by now? :roll:


Been under review since 12/10 and have started to wonder the same. I'm honestly surprised I haven't been dinged outright yet.


I've been under review since 12/10 as well. With so many PT applicants, I can't same I'm surprised it's taking so long to get to RD applicants.

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Poo-T » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:51 pm

we've been forgotten boys...

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Crowing » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:02 pm

last review date: SEPTEMBER 28

:roll:

viksn1
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:52 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby viksn1 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:37 pm

I've been under review since 10/10 and just changed to under review 2/4.

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Teflon_Don » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:41 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:I've been under review since 11/28. No status update since then. It's gotta be a WL, right? Why wouldn't they have just dinged me by now? :roll:


Same. I'm surprised they haven't made a move yet. I'm expecting a WL

User avatar
stone_fox
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby stone_fox » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Crowing wrote:last review date: SEPTEMBER 28

:roll:


Sorry man that's rough. And I thought 12/10 was bad...

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:10 pm

.
Last edited by az21833 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JEB
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JEB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:18 pm

UR Status date just updated from 10/10 to 2/4! Hopefully I'll hear something soon!

viksn1
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:52 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby viksn1 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:10 pm

viksn1 wrote:I've been under review since 10/10 and just changed to under review 2/4.


In!!!! Email around 6:30 EST. I thought bad news was coming for sure after the long wait.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby masked kavana » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:25 pm

viksn1 wrote:
viksn1 wrote:I've been under review since 10/10 and just changed to under review 2/4.


In!!!! Email around 6:30 EST. I thought bad news was coming for sure after the long wait.


Congrats!! I am very envious!!

I've been in review since 10/22 :(

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:51 pm

If nothing else, I now feel better about my status nothing updating at all since 11/19.

Congrats to the recent admits, and good luck to the rest of us still waiting! :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, Baidu [Spider], bcapace, ellielaw and 20 guests