Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:37 am

bookside wrote:Has anyone that has been admitted applied to the JD/MA program?

I got in to the JD/MA (in Anthro) PT very early in the cycle (Sept. 13 or so).

User avatar
bookside
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:35 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bookside » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:43 am

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
bookside wrote:Has anyone that has been admitted applied to the JD/MA program?

I got in to the JD/MA (in Anthro) PT very early in the cycle (Sept. 13 or so).


Bah, debunking my theory that I wasn't offered PT because of the JD/MA interest. Congrats, though! Are you planning on attending?

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:51 am

bookside wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
bookside wrote:Has anyone that has been admitted applied to the JD/MA program?

I got in to the JD/MA (in Anthro) PT very early in the cycle (Sept. 13 or so).


Bah, debunking my theory that I wasn't offered PT because of the JD/MA interest. Congrats, though! Are you planning on attending?

Unfortunately not... the JD/MA was a huge plus for me, but I withdrew my application a few weeks ago after I got in to Penn (and NYU). I have so much family in the NE that I just wouldn't take Duke over Penn or NYU. Although Duke is closer to home...

Best of luck to you!

(Also, I never indicated interest in the JD/MA program prior to submitting my application, so it still might have something to do with it... dunno)

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ht2988 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 am

FINALLY under review. I've been sitting at "ready for review" since November. Extreme splitter here.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby az21833 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 pm

still waiting on admit package from about two weeks ago. has anybdoy gotten one recently and when did u get admit email

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby megagnarley » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 pm

az21833 wrote:still waiting on admit package from about two weeks ago. has anybdoy gotten one recently and when did u get admit email


Yes. A little more than two weeks later.

dd33
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dd33 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 pm

ht2988 wrote:FINALLY under review. I've been sitting at "ready for review" since November. Extreme splitter here.


Same here. For those RDers who have already received a decision, about how long did it take to hear back after going under review?

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Eichörnchen » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:11 pm

dd33 wrote:
ht2988 wrote:FINALLY under review. I've been sitting at "ready for review" since November. Extreme splitter here.


Same here. For those RDers who have already received a decision, about how long did it take to hear back after going under review?

UR mid Oct, in 01/09

Anyone know when we should start to hear back about scholarships?

BigZuck
Posts: 10859
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:
dd33 wrote:
ht2988 wrote:FINALLY under review. I've been sitting at "ready for review" since November. Extreme splitter here.


Same here. For those RDers who have already received a decision, about how long did it take to hear back after going under review?

UR mid Oct, in 01/09

Anyone know when we should start to hear back about scholarships?


First offers last year were mid February I think.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Eichörnchen » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:23 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:
dd33 wrote:
ht2988 wrote:FINALLY under review. I've been sitting at "ready for review" since November. Extreme splitter here.


Same here. For those RDers who have already received a decision, about how long did it take to hear back after going under review?

UR mid Oct, in 01/09

Anyone know when we should start to hear back about scholarships?


First offers last year were mid February I think.

Plenty of time for my anxiousness to reach intolerable levels. :)

User avatar
poichi
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby poichi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:Plenty of time for my anxiousness to reach intolerable levels. :)


Right? I haven't even gotten a decision yet but the decision is just half the story, $ is the other big piece of the picture. Just gotta try to chill I guess, or we'll all have breakdowns before we even make it to 1L.

User avatar
harveyfan
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby harveyfan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Admitted last night!!! 169/3.85 non-PT RD. Complete 11/27, Under review 1 12/17, UR2 01.15. Wrote Why Duke.

So happy right now!!!

Good luck to everyone!

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby wisteria » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:19 pm

So they are finally getting to the non-PT people. I'm UR 1/7, and I just sent my Why Duke in last night. Guess I'll still have to wait for a while. But there's hope!

keki
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby keki » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:I hate admitting this, but have we discussed the odds of getting in after a PR W/L?

I am under review with a PT app and figure that's the best I can hope for with my #s


I'm also interested in this discussion.


I was put on PR late October. I was admitted last week, following a visit & interview. I included a Why Duke in my original app, and sent a LOCI & an additional LOR after getting PRed. By December, I had pretty much given up hope. Duke's my top choice, so I was more than happy to make the trip to let them know I was serious about attending. Hope that's helpful to you in some way.

nigerian22
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby nigerian22 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:04 am

CONGRATULATIONS!

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 am

Hey guys.

Some of you may have seen some stats-based stuff I have been posting in other forums. I have been working a lot on it, trying to kill time while application decisions trickle in. Most of the stuff I did over the last couple days was based on the last cycle, or the last two cycles. I've started to put together individual school analysis based on ALL the available data on LSN now, so I'll post them to the corresponding school's threads. This would probably have been more useful/interesting for people a few months ago, but what the heck.

Image

This table is based on logistical regression analysis of data from Law School Numbers. It includes all accepted and rejected applicants from the 2003/4 cycle up until the present (2012/2013) cycle. It does not include waitlisted applicants (unless they indicated that they had been ultimately accepted or rejected). Please keep in mind the nature of the data when interpreting these results.

Also, keep in mind that this analysis is based only on the outcomes for the indicated school’s applicant pool compared to each other, and does not necessarily mean that “numbers aren’t important” to any particular school.

Eventually, once I've slogged through everything, I'll compile lists and, where they'd be helpful, charts comparing data across schools. I'm no stats expert, but I picked up some stuff in grad school, and I enjoy it.

ryantw
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ryantw » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Interviewed at Duke and was accepted off of Priority Reserve List!
How long after admittance did people get the financial aid application email? I want to make sure I havent missed it. Good luck to all applicants!

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Eichörnchen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:51 pm

ryantw wrote:Interviewed at Duke and was accepted off of Priority Reserve List!
How long after admittance did people get the financial aid application email? I want to make sure I havent missed it. Good luck to all applicants!

I think I got mine two or three days after admissions. They don't even start rolling out the info to us until Feb at the earliest anyways (I think)), so you're far from late.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Micdiddy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:03 pm

elterrible78 wrote:Hey guys.

I have no life and a lot of free time on my hands to completely waste but feel like I am doing something active. I know these numbers mean nothing, but don't I look cool posting them?


fyp

ryantw
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ryantw » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:
ryantw wrote:Interviewed at Duke and was accepted off of Priority Reserve List!
How long after admittance did people get the financial aid application email? I want to make sure I havent missed it. Good luck to all applicants!

I think I got mine two or three days after admissions. They don't even start rolling out the info to us until Feb at the earliest anyways (I think)), so you're far from late.

Awesome, thank you!

ninetails
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ninetails » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Do you have to print their scholarship form?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby az21833 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Sorry to be a broken record, but i think my acceptance packet is lost :(. How long after the email did you guys all receive it?

ninetails
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ninetails » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:56 pm

az21833 wrote:Sorry to be a broken record, but i think my acceptance packet is lost :(. How long after the email did you guys all receive it?


They said you have to submit their scholarship form before they will send the acceptance packet, so if you haven't done so yet maybe that is why?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby az21833 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:57 pm

ninetails wrote:
az21833 wrote:Sorry to be a broken record, but i think my acceptance packet is lost :(. How long after the email did you guys all receive it?


They said you have to submit their scholarship form before they will send the acceptance packet, so if you haven't done so yet maybe that is why?


hmm do others know? that would be absurd. they said you have to submit teh fafsa and need before scholarship form, which requires me to file my taxes. so i have to file my taxes before i get an admission letter??

ninetails
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ninetails » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:04 pm

nvm!
Last edited by ninetails on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests