Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:25 pm

sinfiery wrote:PR Update: Got offered to come interview at the Duke campus with Bill Hoye via email.

Might possibly take them up on it within the next few weeks depending upon how everything shapes out.


Same. Looks like everyone on PR got the same email?

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:26 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
sinfiery wrote:PR Update: Got offered to come interview at the Duke campus with Bill Hoye via email.

Might possibly take them up on it within the next few weeks depending upon how everything shapes out.


Same. Looks like everyone on PR got the same email?


I'd bet on it at this point. I'm thinking what Worm said about this being a YP tactic but who really knows.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:41 pm

sinfiery wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
sinfiery wrote:PR Update: Got offered to come interview at the Duke campus with Bill Hoye via email.

Might possibly take them up on it within the next few weeks depending upon how everything shapes out.


Same. Looks like everyone on PR got the same email?


I'd bet on it at this point. I'm thinking what Worm said about this being a YP tactic but who really knows.


Well I'm not YP lol....

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:43 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
Well I'm not YP lol....

No way there going to make you go all the way to Duke for what is probably a 30 minute conversation about how much you love Duke if it were anything other than matriculation related.....then again, maybe Duke is just that much of an asshole.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:47 pm

sinfiery wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
Well I'm not YP lol....

No way there going to make you go all the way to Duke for what is probably a 30 minute conversation about how much you love Duke if it were anything other than matriculation related.....then again, maybe Duke is just that much of an asshole.


I think I'm going to email and explain that I can't take off work and then ask for a phone call or a skype interview. Worst they can say is no

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Mdenis1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:52 pm

Still UR. I submitted RD in Sept (I had received a PT emailbut it went to my spam!!!! Arghhh 5?:)&&)) ). Still nothing from Duke. Any thoughts !?

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby wisteria » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:26 pm

wow, on-campus interviews! I bet those who show up will not only get off the PR list but probably also get rewarded with $$$.

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby megagnarley » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:06 pm

In via email.

Was put on PR via PT mid December with a 3.65/169.

Submitted a LOCI last weel which mentioned my Dec score (170) about a week ago and got the admissions email today.

Impressed with the quick turnaround.

Love Duke and this is the 1st admit so I'm happy.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:07 pm

megagnarley wrote:In via email.

Was put on PR via PT mid December with a 3.65/169.

Submitted a LOCI last weel which mentioned my Dec score (170) about a week ago and got the admissions email today.

Impressed with the quick turnaround.

Love Duke and this is the 1st admit so I'm happy.


Gratz!

CMC88
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby CMC88 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:18 pm

megagnarley wrote:In via email.

Was put on PR via PT mid December with a 3.65/169.

Submitted a LOCI last weel which mentioned my Dec score (170) about a week ago and got the admissions email today.

Impressed with the quick turnaround.

Love Duke and this is the 1st admit so I'm happy.


Congratulations!!

When did you submit your application?

User avatar
AllDangle
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby AllDangle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 pm

wisteria wrote:wow, on-campus interviews! I bet those who show up will not only get off the PR list but probably also get rewarded with $$$.

Does Duke do auto consideration for finaid? I thought they didn't offer anything until you submit their finaid/scholarship app.

KingFish
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby KingFish » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:21 pm

I have a hidden fee waiver for Duke. I have not received an email from them regarding the fee waiver or priority track. Can I solicit PT or do they just decide on their own who to send the invites to?

Thanks

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby venus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:21 pm

AllDangle wrote:
wisteria wrote:wow, on-campus interviews! I bet those who show up will not only get off the PR list but probably also get rewarded with $$$.

Does Duke do auto consideration for finaid? I thought they didn't offer anything until you submit their finaid/scholarship app.

I think you need to apply for any sort of scholarship/ financial aid at Duke. Here is some financial aid info I found today btw.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=201664

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby megagnarley » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:25 pm

CMC88 wrote:
megagnarley wrote:In via email.

Was put on PR via PT mid December with a 3.65/169.

Submitted a LOCI last weel which mentioned my Dec score (170) about a week ago and got the admissions email today.

Impressed with the quick turnaround.

Love Duke and this is the 1st admit so I'm happy.


Congratulations!!

When did you submit your application?


Gracias amigo. Early Dec, but again, it was PT.

snowflake12345
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby snowflake12345 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:30 pm

I've mooched off of this website for far too long! Thanks for easing alot of my nervousness. It's about time I shared. Sorry for not posting sooner.

Applied Mid October - 3.79 gpa + masters / 170 / TFA / - Accepted priority application in October

PM2353
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby PM2353 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Does anyone have any info on the ED grant of 15k? One time? Renewable? 5k over 3 yrs?

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:46 pm

For those of you on PR, I emailed asking of they could do a phone or Skype interview with dean hoye, per the email yesterday. They said no, it has to be in-person.

jym_dawg
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jym_dawg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:49 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:For those of you on PR, I emailed asking of they could do a phone or Skype interview with dean hoye, per the email yesterday. They said no, it has to be in-person.


:shock:

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby curious66 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 pm

[quote="KingFish"]I have a hidden fee waiver for Duke. I have not received an email from them regarding the fee waiver or priority track. Can I solicit PT or do they just decide on their own who to send the invites to?

PT is decided by them. I don't think you can request it.

ninetails
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ninetails » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:23 pm

Out of curiosity: did y'all with Priority Review and these "BH1s" write Why Dukes?

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 pm

i didnt

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby curious66 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:28 pm

megagnarley wrote:
CMC88 wrote:
megagnarley wrote:In via email.

Was put on PR via PT mid December with a 3.65/169.

Submitted a LOCI last weel which mentioned my Dec score (170) about a week ago and got the admissions email today.

Impressed with the quick turnaround.

Love Duke and this is the 1st admit so I'm happy.


Congratulations!!

When did you submit your application?


Gracias amigo. Early Dec, but again, it was PT.


Congratulations!!! Duke is awesome!! Incredible school and campus and 100% placement rate to boot!

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 pm

curious66 wrote:
megagnarley wrote:
CMC88 wrote:
megagnarley wrote:In via email.

Was put on PR via PT mid December with a 3.65/169.

Submitted a LOCI last weel which mentioned my Dec score (170) about a week ago and got the admissions email today.

Impressed with the quick turnaround.

Love Duke and this is the 1st admit so I'm happy.


Congratulations!!

When did you submit your application?


Gracias amigo. Early Dec, but again, it was PT.


Congratulations!!! Duke is awesome!! Incredible school and campus and 100% placement rate to boot!


What do you mean by 100% placement rate?

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby curious66 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Job statistics.. they had it someplace on their website and info. about 31% go to NYC. Let me see if I can find it and I will post again.

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby curious66 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm

curious66 wrote:Job statistics.. they had it someplace on their website and info. about 31% go to NYC. Let me see if I can find it and I will post again.


I was a bit off on the 31% on NYC -- it is 25% in the northeast for the class of 2011. Sorry about that..

http://law.duke.edu/career/employmentdata




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uhwrestler and 7 guests